The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beebumble
Oh wow thankyou! I won't be able to make the July one so will be going to the October open day instead. I think out of all the Courses I've looked at Roehampton seems the best for creative writing so I'll definitely consider it.

The only thing I'm worried about is will I be able to get halls? I only live about an hour or so away and I know some unis arn't too keen on giving accommodation to someone who can easily commute. Do you know anything about that? If I do manage to get into halls I'll probably look into Lee house do you know what it's like there?:redface:

Hi again,
If you get an offer from Roehampton and select it as your first choice you will receive an offer from Accommodation about April-May time. The best thing to do is to apply as soon as you get it as then you will be very likely to get your first choice. Pretty much all first years get halls if they want them and apply on time, there are a lot of halls and first years get priority. Lee House is really nice, very new and modern. It will be about a one minute walk from where you will have your lectures and the library as Creative Writing is on Digby Stuart campus. There are usually about eight people in one flat, they are en-suite and the kitchen has a table and chairs and a small carpeted area so it's like a cosy living area! If you have a campus tour on Open Day, you will get a chance to see some of the Accommodation.
Hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else!
Reply 1381
Original post by Juno
They don't remove accounts. They just sit there if not needed. It's fine. Stop worrying.

It's just that 2012 applications to the UK are very important to me. I don't want to miss out on anything. And this duplication thing is really an obstacle.

Would they be removing the "Apply 2011" sign anywhere in the near future ?
Reply 1382
Original post by hexagon

Original post by hexagon
It's just that 2012 applications to the UK are very important to me. I don't want to miss out on anything. And this duplication thing is really an obstacle.

It's only an obstacle because you do not understand that it isn't a problem. You will not find anyone here or at UCAS who will be able to help you, because there is nothing to help you with. Just ignore the Apply 2011 link.
Reply 1383
If its not a problem, then why do some websites say that duplicate applications decrease your chance of getting in ? Are they referring to 2 applications in the same year ??
Reply 1384
Original post by hexagon

Original post by hexagon
If its not a problem, then why do some websites say that duplicate applications decrease your chance of getting in ? Are they referring to 2 applications in the same year ??

Yes, 2 applications in the same year isn't allowed. And some unis don't like you applying to 2 courses at the same uni. But you've not done that.
Reply 1385
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.
Original post by irina793
Have you actually paid and sent the application? If so, make a new account and put 'reapply'. If you didn't, then there's no problem.

no I didn't even fill in any section except the first one, I think :P thank you! I got a sudden panic for a short while :P

Original post by hexagon

look, as Juno said, there's no point in worrying and asking around in here. I just want to say, if you want a more convincing information on this, ask UCAS on facebook --> http://www.facebook.com/ucasonline
many people post questions there. I did too, and they always give a reply :smile:
Reply 1387
Hey, i heard about that. The thing is, I am not on Facebook. So, if it is possible, could someone please ask this question on my behalf...??
(edited 12 years ago)
Yay, personal statement finished!!! Wait for it...47 lines and 3999 characters :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Registered for UCAS today, how exciting!
Original post by such_a_lady
Yay, personal statement finished!!! Wait for it...47 lines and 3999 characters :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Wow!!! Congratulations....I dont think you could have written any more either :P haha
Good luck!!! What are you applying for?

I've got some activities over the summer that I can't yet write about... so I can't finish mine off.

Still plenty to do. Need to make it flow a bit more, it's quite disjointed at the moment.
Original post by hexagon
Hey, i heard about that. The thing is, I am not on Facebook. So, if it is possible, could someone please ask this question on my behalf...??

ok you write the question here and I'll post it for you.

Nice :biggrin:

I saw yours this morning I think?

I didn't comment, mind.
Reply 1394
Original post by hexagon

Original post by hexagon

Are you trying to drive me crazy?
Original post by fluteflute
I've got some activities over the summer that I can't yet write about... so I can't finish mine off.

Same! But I guessed what skills I'd get out of them and bluffed :mmm: was so odd writing about this summer in the past tense...

Same! But I guessed what skills I'd get out of them and bluffed :mmm: was so odd writing about this summer in the past tense...

Yeah I've half done that, but I think those paragraphs will be so much more valuable if I reflect on my experiences :smile:
OMG, I just picked my pharmacy choices, fingers crossed I get into LSOP!

I hate having to fill everything in; should get my dad to do it for me, haha
Original post by fluteflute
Yeah I've half done that, but I think those paragraphs will be so much more valuable if I reflect on my experiences :smile:

Ach quatsch :tongue: So noble :tongue: I'll obviously alter it in September, don't worry!!
Original post by paddy__power
I saw yours this morning I think?

I didn't comment, mind.

Well, if your morning was 15.35, then maybe :tongue:

Realised there was a spelling mistake and corrected it, bringing it up to 4000 exactly!!

Latest

Trending

Trending