The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I feel like a total failure for not working hard this year - I like to aim high,for grades such as AAB regardless of what grades my uni wants. my uni needs BBC and I've lowered my standards so much that I think I'm not even going to attain BBC now.
If this was Facebook, I'd like this thread.
Reply 3
Hehe, thought we could use a little bit of reassurance...doesn't seem to be many people willing to ease the pain a little bit though!
Come on guys! :biggrin:
Reply 4
This was a few years ago but I needed BBB and got ACD and was let in.
I needed BBC for my Leicester offer and 260 including BC for my Keele offer. I got CDD at A Level and Keele let me in anyway :smile:

My course was in Clearing so I think this was the only reason I was let in. Just go in on results day with a back up plan so that if you want to try Clearing have a list ready. Buy a copy of The Independent and start once you have your results!
Reply 6
Original post by *Sparkle*
This was a few years ago but I needed BBB and got ACD and was let in.

Nice one, what course/uni was this for?
Reply 7
I love the fact this thread has been started up :smile: Everyone around me (including me) is panicking about not getting in and I could really do with some reassurance haha :smile:
:colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
I'm gonna watch this thread :yep:

I know that I've missed my Firm offer by at least one grade in one of my subjects, but I think that I've achieved higher than my offer in another subject :s-smilie:

We'll just have to see how it all works out, if I have to resit year 13 and pay about 40 grand to go to Uni, so be it.
Reply 10
Needed ABB got ABC still got let in, and that's for a course with only 40 spaces.
Reply 11
I wanted nothing more to do Journalism at De Montfort University last year and i worked so hard in getting the 240 points i needed (Doesnt seem hard to most but still!) i only managed to get 210 (If i remember correctly) but i showed so much enthusiasm and desire in my personal statement and interview (and the small matter of passing an NCTJ entry exam) that i got into the uni anyway! All i can say is show as much desire and passion as you can when you get the chance too impress your future lecturers as it might help you on your way into your dream uni (And for the love of god theres nothing worse than university snobbery so please dont slag me off for being proud of going to DMU!)

Best of luck to everybody in the coming months!
I need ABB to go to Bath to do Chemistry, do you think they'd let me in if I got BBBBC? (B maths, B chemistry, B Physics, B Economics, C Further Maths)
I know someone who needed like AAB for a business management course and got BBC and was still accepted. She's doing pretty well now!
It's crazy the amount of people that think they've missed their offer. Surely we can't all have done so?
Watching, I could sure as hell use some reassurance :redface:
My cousin needed AAB (or ABB...) for engenieering, though he got BBC. They let him in because he showed that he was really keen in his personal statement! And this was the University of Birmingham!
When you people got accepted even though you didn't get the grades, did they accept you automatically or did you have to call them?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
Manchester is my first choice and Southampton is my insurance, and Southampton said in one of the letters they sent me to not panic if I didn't quite meet the grades, there would still be a chance of being let in anyway. I thought this was really reassuring considering there is a very small difference between my two offers. anyone else been told this by their unis?
The problem about missing your offer and still being accepted depends on the Uni.. Top Uni's usually have very few missed offer acceptances, maybe one grade is fine but any more than usually its a No.
However, lower ranked unis seem to allow people who have missed there grades by maybe 2 or 3 grades and still allow them in.

Latest

Trending

Trending