The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by supernova92
If your course is in extra? Are they more likely to be lenient?

I would expect so because as the course is in extra it means there is still spaces left as people who get rejected by all their choices or decline all their choices can apply for a space on the course, so assuming by results day remaining spaces havent been used up via extra then yes i would expect them to be more lenient.
Original post by cool_beans1993
oh cool i could never do electronic engineering!
i applied for sustainable energy engineering...i wanted to do civil but QM doesnt have civil eng which was annoying but sustainable energy seemed to have a similar course...yh i hope i get the grades however my back up is civil eng and i think i can get the grades for that so i dunno but i prefer QM to city uni :tongue:

So how comes u prefer QM, is it cos u like asian people? lol
I think i would prefer city because of the better location, but they both seem about the same in the rankings i think.
Original post by Lauren27
I would expect so because as the course is in extra it means there is still spaces left as people who get rejected by all their choices or decline all their choices can apply for a space on the course, so assuming by results day remaining spaces havent been used up via extra then yes i would expect them to be more lenient.

Ahh thanks! I would have thought that too.
Thing is after I posted this I double checked and my course isnt actually :/ but the one I declined because i didn't think i would get the grades is, arghhh!!! :L
Original post by Jamil1987
So how comes u prefer QM, is it cos u like asian people? lol
I think i would prefer city because of the better location, but they both seem about the same in the rankings i think.

well city has loadsa asian people as well lol ...
umm well i was confsued between the 2 and city gave me a lower offer so it would be stupid for my firm to be higher then my insurance so i put it as my insurance...plus QM is university of london whilst city is not ...umm i was actually confsued but people tend to think QM is more recognised as well...the location of QM is pretty crap but there are much worse areas around....
Original post by In_Infamy
Anyone miss for LSE?

i've got an offer from LSE and am so scared i'm gonna miss it! :'(
Original post by AliceMarilyn
Anybody have any experience of University of Liverpool with regards to missed grades? My offer to do French is BBB but I think I'm probably going to get ABC, with the A in French. Reckon they'll still take me?

people often get accepted on ABC if they were supposed to get BBB because both combinations are worth the same number of ucas points.
anyone got any stories about southampton business courses on leniency. its still available in extra. would I have a chance by missing the grades by 2 grades
Reply 187
aha I love this thread... hooked
Original post by ashleighwhitehouse
i've got an offer from LSE and am so scared i'm gonna miss it! :'(

You're not the only one hun :frown: Which course?
Original post by babarzk
You're not the only one hun :frown: Which course?

sociology! i messed english literature up so badly, i'm so gutted that words cannot explain it... what makes you think you have missed out? :frown:
Reply 190
Needed AAB, got BBBc and they still let me in. (uni of Liverpool.)
sociology! i messed english literature up so badly, i'm so gutted that words cannot explain it... what makes you think you have missed out? :frown:

I needed AAB (Accounting & Finance), which was pretty ambitious for me anyway, I'm like an ABB student at best.

The only "guaranteed" A I had was Maths, and I also messed up one of the exams unbelievably badly, like literally can't explain how badly. Talking less than 30UMS here :/ Gutted 'cause my average in Maths was 90% from my other modules!
Original post by babarzk
I needed AAB (Accounting & Finance), which was pretty ambitious for me anyway, I'm like an ABB student at best.

The only "guaranteed" A I had was Maths, and I also messed up one of the exams unbelievably badly, like literally can't explain how badly. Talking less than 30UMS here :/ Gutted 'cause my average in Maths was 90% from my other modules!

if you can manage 90% in the rest, i have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised with your last one :biggrin: what other subjects do you take? x
Reply 193
I reckon I'm going to get ABB, really messed up further maths, and didn't do too great in my computing coursework!
I have a feeling I'll end up through clearing. I think Warwick won't take me as it's two grades down, and Birmingham won't take me because I put the as insurance.
Gahhhhh!
if you can manage 90% in the rest, i have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised with your last one :biggrin: what other subjects do you take? x

I'm keeping my fingers crossed! Aha :smile: Economics and ICT. What about you? x
Are there any bristol stories?..... Please :frown:

I've scoured all the pages and theres none so far
Reply 196
I needed ABB to do Maths at Liverpool and got ABCDE :smile:

I think they were more impressed with my alphabet skills more than anything.
Reply 197
Original post by Corko93
I reckon I'm going to get ABB, really messed up further maths, and didn't do too great in my computing coursework!
I have a feeling I'll end up through clearing. I think Warwick won't take me as it's two grades down, and Birmingham won't take me because I put the as insurance.
Gahhhhh!

It doesn't matter if you have the uni down as firm or insurance. They wouldn't decline you for that.
I need AAB to do law at Kent university, i really want to go there but have messed up my exams i think i'll get BBD or BCD. :/ will they let me in ?;/
Reply 199
My offer for QMUL is 320 points with an 'AB in English Language, French' - does that comma mean OR or AND, I think I'll get the A in English Language but a C in French (screwed up the A2 exam real real real real bad even though I speak it fluent :/)

Would I get in with A* in English Language B in Lit and C in French or A B C ?

That French exam has really screwed me over, but it's English Language and Linguistics that I want to be studying.. so I'm hoping they're more attentive to my English grades?
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending