The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Pheebs1201
I think this person is suggesting that they already have results but not A levels (IB, BTEC, Diploma) and have missed their offer and the university has told them wont know if they can still be let in or not until they have people's a level grades to see whether they have space or not. They're not trying to obtain their results early. :yep:

This. :h:
Reply 781
My friend applied to Kings for medicine and got a B in chemistry when she needed AAA, but Kings let her in and she's just smashed her first exams:smile:
Reply 782
Original post by DontPropositionMe
Anyone got a story for languages? Spanish, German or French? Something like that. I'd be immensely grateful. :h:

I was let in for Spanish and Linguistics at York despite achieving a 2 in Spanish (had to get a 1). I was given an interview in Spanish after which they decided to change my offer to unconditional.
Reply 783
Original post by Kie
Got an offer of 260 points from LJMU last year for Business Studies but only got 221 so they didn't accept me. Decided to resit the exams and go for LJMU again. Got an offer a few months back of 280 points (I know, b*stards!) but I'm confident of getting 280 this time round, but there's a chance I might miss it by 5-10 points. Do ye think they'd still let me in if that was the case? Sh*tting it so I am.

they didnt let me in either and i only missed it by a few points
Original post by Iche
My friend applied to Kings for medicine and got a B in chemistry when she needed AAA, but Kings let her in and she's just smashed her first exams:smile:

Wow well done her! :h:
Original post by jelly1000
Results day has never been on a Wednesday :confused:

Wasn't it a Wednesday last year, i'm sure of it and I know I got my GCSE results on the 26th August 2009 and that was a Wednesday :s-smilie:
Original post by hayles20
anyone got into uni with less then the required ucas points?

you mightn't have noticed but there is a huge thread here right above this one now with over 60,000 views and nearly 800 posts solely on this.
Original post by chaz1992
Wasn't it a Wednesday last year, i'm sure of it and I know I got my GCSE results on the 26th August 2009 and that was a Wednesday :s-smilie:

Then you somehow got your results the day before results day. It was Thursday August 27th in 2009. It's always a Thursday.
Reply 788
I got offered ABB by Nottingham to do a Masters in Engineering. Got in with BBC. It really depends on the availability of places on the course.

Good luck all future university-goers :smile:
Reply 789
hi, does anyone have any experience of people missing offers for languages at manchester and still geting accepted?
Reply 790
I've got an offer off ABB for Chemistry at York (firm) and ABB for Chemistry at Bath (insurance). I messed up my last Biology exam, and it's likely to pull me down to a C, it will be quite unlikely I will get a B, but it could be a very close call. I am pretty confident I'm either going to get A*A*C or A*AC in Chemistry, Maths and Biology respectively. Do you reckon York/Bath will be lenient about this, especially it being down to one exam? What are the chances of them just giving me a place anyway?
Reply 791
Getting ready to ring Oxford on that Thursday morning to plead my case, because I really don't think I've hit AAA. Got a pretty good score on the LNAT and my Personal Statement was good, so I really hope I can use that as a basis to convince them that I'm good enough.
Original post by fidi64
hi, does anyone have any experience of people missing offers for languages at manchester and still geting accepted?

No help but totally interested in this too as I'm there next year. What languages are you studying?
Reply 793
Original post by tillytots

Original post by tillytots
No help but totally interested in this too as I'm there next year. What languages are you studying?

Yes!

My mate got A*BC last year in English, Spanish and French and needed ABB to do French and Spanish and still got accepted into Manchester :biggrin:
Original post by Ivanka
I was let in for Spanish and Linguistics at York despite achieving a 2 in Spanish (had to get a 1). I was given an interview in Spanish after which they decided to change my offer to unconditional.

An interview on the phone on Results Day?! OMG I need to start preparing again :woo:

Thanks for telling me btw! :woo:

I really like this smiley :woo:
Any stories from Aberdeen? :frown: My offer was BBBB and I got AABC - I just need to wait until Track updates tomorrow to see their decision.
Original post by Megaloblastic
Offer was ABB - Got BBB and they let me in

where and which course? :smile:
any stories about university of reading?
Reply 798
Original post by DontPropositionMe
An interview on the phone on Results Day?! OMG I need to start preparing again :woo:

Thanks for telling me btw! :woo:

I really like this smiley :woo:

Believe me, you DON'T need to prepare that much! (If you are good at Spanish anyway...) I was also scared of what I could be asked, but it turned into a pleasant conversation where I understood everything (wow, something I can hardly believe even now!) and learnt interesting facts about the subjects. So, basically, don't worry, I don't mean to underestimate the process, but there's nothing to panick of :wink:
Original post by Bubbles0ox
where and which course? :smile:

Pharmacy at cardiff

They must have liked my interview... even though It only lasted 10 mins and everyone else was in there 20+mins :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending