The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had an offer of AAA for Psychology at the University of Glasgow, I got AAB and was accepted. :biggrin:

I didn't even have to call or anything, Track just said 'Unconditional' when I went on it around 6:30am. And it said it had changed on the 16th, so by Tuesday.

Although I did email them on Monday regarding extenuating circumstances (although didn't attach evidence as I didn't have any yet, simply outlined the circumstances myself) so they could have taken those into account, although I'm not sure.

And Glasgow's 4th for Psychology this year, beaten only by Oxford, Cambridge and UCL. So I'm really happy!
Reply 1181
Thanks for the reply! Mine's for Modern History and International Realtions, I really want to go. I tried to ring on results day but I am tempted to try again. What else did you say, I am desperate to go to UEA!

Original post by Hazular
It depends on your subject. Go on the website and find the contact details for admissions for your specific subject school. Mine's PSI (Political, Social & International Studies) and they should have admissions contact phone numbers :smile:
I basically just said UEA remained my first choice university and that I was passionate about going there. I did have to ring about 4 times before they gave me unconditional, mind :tongue:

I said hello yesterday, I only made the one post!! I asked about accommodation, how long d'you reckon it'll be before anything's sorted?
My old English teacher would love you, he did that course at UEA, he had some lectures with Matt Smith aka The 11th Doctor. ^-^
Two of my friends got into SOAS to do History with AAC (requirements AAA) yesterday! :smile:

And a random question but once it says Unsuccessful on UCAS, is there no way of getting a place there?
Well the offer was AAA, but I got A*, A, C. Though, the subject was MMath and the A* and A where is Maths, Further Maths respectively. So I can see why they still allowed me.
Reply 1184
Original post by diamonddust

Yaayy! I'm really happy for you! I've seen you around and I know how much you wanted Lincoln! One of my best friends is going there to do Drama!

Thank you! I was quite keen on Lincoln wasn't I haha... I still can't stop smiling :')
Reply 1185
Original post by Boo!xx
Well done and AHHH love this sig!!! I shall +rep you for it when i can :biggrin:

Ahaaa, thank you! It is pretty amazing (well, he is :tongue:) I love yours - gotta love Snape :biggrin:
Reply 1186
Original post by 4321aisha1
This has made me really happy as I am planning on going to keele. I want to do business but I’m not that great in it I got a D in AS but I am planning on retaking it as there isn’t anything else I want to do. I‘ve still got a year to go in college though.

As a warning, my firm was Keele. I got BCC, my offer was 300, I got 260 and was rejected...
Portsmouth rejected me because of two UMS
Original post by 4321aisha1
This has made me really happy as I am planning on going to keele. I want to do business but I’m not that great in it I got a D in AS but I am planning on retaking it as there isn’t anything else I want to do. I‘ve still got a year to go in college though.

Don't put all of your eggs into one basket. Keele are getting stricter about letting people in.

Work hard, pull that D up and get a decent set of results :smile:
Original post by rtzj00
did u not try and ask lse whether they wud let u in??

I thought it would be pushing it a bit as i'm one grade below the conditions on each of the subjects. Very very happy with SOAS anyway!
Original post by cfdsb
Thanks for the reply! Mine's for Modern History and International Realtions, I really want to go. I tried to ring on results day but I am tempted to try again. What else did you say, I am desperate to go to UEA!

I didn't really say anything else, cuz when you get through you only get through to some poor sap in front of a computer screen, they're not the one making the decision.

It's important that you make it obvious you don't wanna go anywhere else. As well as phoning, email them every few hours saying that UEA is still your preferred choice and that you really wanna go.

Also, I didn't need to do this, thank god, tell them that you're willing to go on a slightly different course than the one you intended (ie International Relations and Politics or something, idk), and also ask if they have a reserve list you can be put on, in case anyone decides to defer.

That's all I can say really. Good luck, even though you might have heard by now. But if you don't get in (which I hope you do), everything happens for a reason. My friend was devastated when she didn't get into Nottingham Trent (she wanted to go there so much it was her firm AND insurance) but after rethinking it and looking at other unis she thinks it's for the best :smile:
Original post by diamonddust
That is so awesome I can't-... I'm not even a Dr. Who fan but that's amazingly cool!
And UEA accommodation said next week but I've seen some people on the Fresher FB page say they have offers so I don't know... just keep stalking the UEA accommodation thread and checking your email? :biggrin: Which accommodation did you pick?

I put single ensuite campus as my top option, can't remember where I put everything else. I'm just desperate for an ensuite because I'm funny with sharing a bathroom. Even with my own family, I can't stand it :colondollar:
Original post by Laurah5498
Don't put all of your eggs into one basket. Keele are getting stricter about letting people in.

They had too as their reputation was beginning to suffer :smile:

Jungle drums had it that other institutions within 20 miles were rejecting people that Keele accepted and their traditional "presence" was getting a bit tarnished. That coupled with headline grabbing selling off "family silver", threatened course closures, redundancies and some business park troubles necessitated some rethinking.

Hence their big investment in medical school and general tightening up. So if you can secure a place now you should be ok.

Work hard, pull that D up and get a decent set of results :smile:

LOL Thanks for the advice but I am aiming higher then a D. :smile:
I've heard of people getting into do Law, one person got in with BBB for Birmingham and another got BBB for Leicester - by the looks of it, a lot of people have been let in despite falling a grade short even.
Original post by Hazular
I put single ensuite campus as my top option, can't remember where I put everything else. I'm just desperate for an ensuite because I'm funny with sharing a bathroom. Even with my own family, I can't stand it :colondollar:

Sorry to jump in but snap! :smile:

I really hope I get an ensuite. I don't mind being in the village instead of on campus but I really, really don't want to share a bathroom... I spend too long in the bathroom when I shower for one thing (people in the flat would hate me for that) and I hate the idea of having to go down the hall in my nightwear for all to see just to nip to the loo in the night...

That was a bit of a ramble... Sorry! :colondollar:
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Sorry to jump in but snap! :smile:

I really hope I get an ensuite. I don't mind being in the village instead of on campus but I really, really don't want to share a bathroom... I spend too long in the bathroom when I shower for one thing (people in the flat would hate me for that) and I hate the idea of having to go down the hall in my nightwear for all to see just to nip to the loo in the night...

That was a bit of a ramble... Sorry! :colondollar:

I'm the same! I'm also really funny with people leaving hair anywhere in the bathroom! Like one stray hair in the bath is enough to make me feel sick! And when people leave globs of shampoo everywhere! I don't mind so much when it's my own mess, but if it was anyone else's I'd go mental.
A lot of people don't have problems with shared bathrooms, but I have a friend at uni who shares a bathroom with a mentally disabled girl (I'm not too sure what's wrong with her specifically and I didn't know how else to word it!) who keeps leaving her used tampons in the sinks and the showers and stuff.
If that happened to me I would have to kill someone! Haha
Original post by Hazular
I'm the same! I'm also really funny with people leaving hair anywhere in the bathroom! Like one stray hair in the bath is enough to make me feel sick! And when people leave globs of shampoo everywhere! I don't mind so much when it's my own mess, but if it was anyone else's I'd go mental.
A lot of people don't have problems with shared bathrooms, but I have a friend at uni who shares a bathroom with a mentally disabled girl (I'm not too sure what's wrong with her specifically and I didn't know how else to word it!) who keeps leaving her used tampons in the sinks and the showers and stuff.
If that happened to me I would have to kill someone! Haha

I hate hair in the bathroom as well!
Reply 1197
My offer for the University of Westminster was BBC, i scored a BCC, they let me in anyways, though i have to wait for the CAS letter and sort out my accommodation, lets see what happens :frown:
My situation is reversed :/. I got my grades but i wasnt allowed in, because UCAS sent my results to my universities saying i only achieved a C in maths when i achieved an A!
Original post by Spepper90
My situation is reversed :/. I got my grades but i wasnt allowed in, because UCAS sent my results to my universities saying i only achieved a C in maths when i achieved an A!

Same thing happened to me, except they said I got a B when actually I got an A...mine was corrected the same day and I've got in though :/ Did you try to correct it?

Latest

Trending

Trending