The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by linguistlawyer
Wragge & Co emailed me tonight to say they are behind time with their application review..

I received a similar email from them today. Anyone heard from Mills & Reeve/DLA Piper (birmigham) or cobbetts??

this whole waiting thing is driving me crazy!!

*** linguistlawyer - just seen your post stating you have an AC with wragge & co. congratulations! How long after the the email where they told you they were behind did you receive word? ***
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2061
Any word from Nabarro?
Reply 2062
Original post by buddie
I received a similar email from them today. Anyone heard from Mills & Reeve/DLA Piper (birmigham) or cobbetts??

this whole waiting thing is driving me crazy!! ������

*** linguistlawyer - just seen your post stating you have an AC with wragge & co. congratulations! How long after the the email where they told you they were behind did you receive word? ***

Nothing from Mills & Reeve or Cobbetts yet!
Reply 2063
Original post by SummerEyes
WTF my mark on inductive reasoning was not good enough for Field Fisher Waterhouse....but got my an an AC for herbet smith? Because that makes sense....

I was the opposite, my inductive reasoning test result wasn't good enough for HS but was good enough for FFW. Granted, prior to taking the one at HS I hadn't practiced at all, though before FFW I practiced a fair bit. Still a tough ****ing test though...

Anyways, I hope your other apps are going well and I wish you the best of luck.
Reply 2064
Does anyone have any experience of Olswang vac scheme interview?
Reply 2065
Original post by VacS
Any word from Nabarro?

Still waiting from Nabarro. I think they only started looking at applications after the deadline so it might take a while.
Original post by glitchy21
Any hints/ tips? Be much appreciated :biggrin:

I wouldn't worry too much about it, was very relaxed, just standard competency questions really. Good luck!
Original post by glitchy21
Thanks! Final Q: how long is it meant to last?

Mine was 30 mins
Reply 2068
If someone who had an interview the same day as you, got like an offer the next day, and I'm still waiting to hear after a week, do you reckon that that means I should just be expecting a rejection and having high hopes still is foolish?? -_-
Hii can i ask where you found some useful practice tests as I'm not confident at inductive reasoning/logical tests so a recommendation would be very much appreciated!
Original post by kimkins
If someone who had an interview the same day as you, got like an offer the next day, and I'm still waiting to hear after a week, do you reckon that that means I should just be expecting a rejection and having high hopes still is foolish?? -_-

I would suggest it means you are in a "maybe" pile where they are perhaps waiting 'til they have conducted interviews with other candidates before deciding who to award places to. So it could go either way!
Original post by charanmann
Hii can i ask where you found some useful practice tests as I'm not confident at inductive reasoning/logical tests so a recommendation would be very much appreciated!

I've always found the University of Kent's website useful:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm

It's also usually recommended that you look at the practice tests on the SHL website (if you haven't already) as they produce a lot of the tests that firms actually use:

http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html
Reply 2072
Original post by Old Reliable
I've always found the University of Kent's website useful:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm

It's also usually recommended that you look at the practice tests on the SHL website (if you haven't already) as they produce a lot of the tests that firms actually use:

http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html

I second this, plus from my experience the SHL practices are significantly easier than the actual tests, but the one on the Kent website are a bit tougher and closer to the difficulty of the real tests.
Clifford Chance offer!

Had my A&O interview yesterday which I was really happy with....also got a Burgess Salmon rejection in the morning....

No idea how this process works haha.
Clifford Chance offer too =D
Reply 2075
Original post by Ridingit66
Clifford Chance offer!

Had my A&O interview yesterday which I was really happy with....also got a Burgess Salmon rejection in the morning....

No idea how this process works haha.

oo congratulations!! :smile:

on another note, if you're told to apply for the TC because they were impressed with you but didnt give you a VS, is that something generic they say to every VS applicant?
Original post by kimkins
oo congratulations!! :smile:

on another note, if you're told to apply for the TC because they were impressed with you but didnt give you a VS, is that something generic they say to every VS applicant?

No idea, but I would think not...just my guess though. Goodluck!
Reply 2077
BLP Vac Scheme :smile:
hi... got so many rejections over the past week i'm getting demoralised. does it matter that i'm an intl student and require work visa that's deterring firms from putting me through to the next round? or i'm just not good enough?
Reply 2079
Has anyone heard anything positive from Clyde & Co or Hill Dickinson?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending