The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sianeh
Oooh today seems to have been a good day for invitations to interview!! Well done everyone! Soo those of you going to the Herbies one have you picked a day yet? I'm doing Thursday the 2nd, anyone else?! We can buddy up on the day :biggrin:

I went for the 14th Feb. Happy Valentine's Day to me!
Reply 1181
Original post by Old Reliable
I went for the 14th Feb. Happy Valentine's Day to me!

haha niiice! Who knows, maybe the interviewers will be feeling all loved up that day and be nice to you :wink:
Hi guys,

What do people think about a 2 page cover letter for Cleary? Pretty difficult to squeeze onto a single page, me thinks....

Thanks.
Reply 1183
got rejected by Dundas&Wilson today. ah well.
Reply 1184
Original post by lovejoypeace
any advice for linklaters interview? thank you.

Is this for the VS? I also have a Linklaters interview on Thursday- how much prep have you done for it? xx
Original post by helz_91
Is this for the VS? I also have a Linklaters interview on Thursday- how much prep have you done for it? xx

yup, for the VS :smile:
Anyone heard anything from Withers? I heard that it's a rolling consideration for both VS and TC so hoping to hear soon...
Reply 1187
wish I would hear from someone! seen as people are hearing back from firms after submitting applications AFTER I did.... :/
Does anyone know the dates of DLA Piper's summer vac scheme?
Can I just ask how many places are people generally applying for?
and how many do think is enough to stand a fair shot getting at least one VS?
Original post by Sianeh
wow well done! Is that for the VS? I've only applied for a TC there in December but not heard back yet, did you have to do any online tests or was it straight to interview from your application form?

hi, thank you! mine was straight to interview..
When a question asks you to give details of your main extra-curricular activities does that mean only current ones or former ones as well?
Reply 1192
Has anyone received a response from Clifford Chance after completing the verbal reasoning test?
Original post by Bondy007

Has anyone received a response from Clifford Chance after completing the verbal reasoning test?

Not yet... When did you complete yours?
Reply 1194

Not yet...but I only did it on Sunday and they'll only actually look at your application form after they've got your test results, so I'm not expecting to hear back this week (unless I failed the test lol)
Reply 1195
Original post by StealthyGoat

Original post by StealthyGoat
Not yet... When did you complete yours?

I submitted my app on 26th
Did the test on 30th
I remember reading on the website that they don't hand out offers until the deadline closed (the 9th? or something). But the assessment days are late Jan, so I'm wondering how much notice they'll give.
Has anyone applied/heard from Kirkland and Ellis?

i completed my vrt only ytd.. :smile: have not heard from them yet. hoping not to fail haha

Sent my application off on the 6th, did the test yesterday (which was challenging to say the least)...heard nothing as of yet!
Reply 1198
Original post by lovejoypeace
i completed my vrt only ytd.. :smile: have not heard from them yet. hoping not to fail haha

Me too!
Is your status now 'application under review'?
Unsuccessful after verbal reasoning test for CC :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending