The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VacS
Did you get an email saying you would hear back from them by last week?

Nope, literally haven't heard from then since confirmation of submitting my app.
Reply 1381
Original post by lord denning
Nope, literally haven't heard from then since confirmation of submitting my app.

So confusing, I got that email yet I haven't heard a thing, whilst others that got the email, got an offer :s-smilie: Good luck though!
Reply 1382
Has anyone heard back from Clyde & Co or Holman Fenwick Willan. I haven't even received a confirmation notification from HFW.
Original post by VacS
So confusing, I got that email yet I haven't heard a thing, whilst others that got the email, got an offer :s-smilie: Good luck though!

Thanks. Maybe they're just delayed because of the volume of apps. Good luck though!
PFO from Linklaters but AC with Clifford Chance !!! :biggrin:
Congrats to everyone with interviews and offers. Things really seem to have got moving now!

Does anyone know if Speechly Bircham consider apps on a rolling basis? I'm just a bit concerned as I'm having to leave that app until quite close to the deadline...
Have got 5 rejections in 5 days. Anyone willing to take a look at my cover letter and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please quote this post.
Original post by Zweihander
Have got 5 rejections in 5 days. Anyone willing to take a look at my cover letter and tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please quote this post.

Sorry to hear that. :frown: Do you mind me asking where you have applied to? Do they all recruit through the usual application form or CV and cover letter? Is this your first year of applying?
Has anyone heard from Hogan Lovells post interview for the summer vacation scheme??

Yeah, I'll take a look if you like.
Reply 1390
Original post by stefwad75
Congrats to everyone with interviews and offers. Things really seem to have got moving now!

Does anyone know if Speechly Bircham consider apps on a rolling basis? I'm just a bit concerned as I'm having to leave that app until quite close to the deadline...

I applied to them about a month ago and haven't heard anything... so unless they're just ignoring me, I'm guessing they haven't started rejecting/accepting yet :smile:
Anyone else got a place on Freshfields June VC? Would love to chat to anyone doing it before I go down
Original post by StealthyGoat
Got an email of Herbert Smith thanking me for completing the online tests and telling me my application is under review. Anyone know if this is a good sign or not? (ie. do they reject people based on cuttoff points in the verbal/logical reasoning or sjt?)

Good luck to everyone with interviews!
It's just a standard automated email acknowledging receipt of your test results; neither a good nor bad sign.

I got my PFO from them two days after receiving that email :rolleyes:
Do you put down open days you've been to on your applications? I'm lacking much legal experience so I guess it's better than nothing right?
Reply 1394
Original post by notsit
Has anyone heard back from Clyde & Co or Holman Fenwick Willan. I haven't even received a confirmation notification from HFW.

haven't heard anything from them as well. Although I did get a confirmation notification from HFW 1 day after I sent my app in.
Original post by inspired username
It's just a standard automated email acknowledging receipt of your test results; neither a good nor bad sign.

I got my PFO from them two days after receiving that email :rolleyes:

Ah well...at least I'll hear soonish then... Thanks!!

Aaaah law firms...why hath you forsaken me?!?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by xoxPRICELESSxox
PFO from Linklaters but AC with Clifford Chance !!! :biggrin:

Congrats on CC!! I'm still waiting to hear :smile: Best of luck!!
Reply 1397
VS offer from Macfarlanes!
Aaaahhh first offer after a load of rejections!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by lucycl
VS offer from Macfarlanes! If anyone needs any info on the assessment day, let me know.
Aaaahhh first offer after a load of rejections!

Congratulations!!!! How long did it take them to reply to you after your open day?

Happy to have a look. I've had a pretty good success rate (90%+) with winter workshops and vac schemes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending