The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by Rosey2
Yeah definitely, there's still a chance. Maybe target firms that aren't already interviewing and look at apps after the deadline?

ps Azori can I also ask what date you applied to Ashurst, it's driving me crazy waiting for a reply! It seems someone from the start of December got a PFO yesterday they could just be working through chronologically?

I applied on the 9th Dec and still waiting too! i'm not feeling optimistic so just want them to put me out of my misery...

also, anybody heard from DLA Piper?
Original post by suffocation1992
NR. Honestly though, my drafting exercise was an appalling mess and not logical at all, not sure I even came to any conclusion. That said, it was a great experience for the future and I'll hopefully be able to handle drafting better next time! :smile:

Hey when did you apply to/hear from NR? What was the drafting exercise about, if you don't mind me asking? I think they try and push you if they think you can handle it so don't worry. And good luck :smile:
Original post by lord denning
Hey when did you apply to/hear from NR? What was the drafting exercise about, if you don't mind me asking? I think they try and push you if they think you can handle it so don't worry. And good luck :smile:

I applied in November, called for interview last Friday and interviewed today. :smile: Good luck to you too.
Original post by suffocation1992
I applied in November, called for interview last Friday and interviewed today. :smile: Good luck to you too.

It is so impressive that you managed to apply in November. I don't know a single person at my university who applied until mid December! Really though, good work in being diligent, and in hindsight I wish I would have applied earlier instead of cramming now :mad:

I applied to NR in mid January and haven't heard anything by the way.
Reply 1584
Original post by beepbeeprichie
I know someone who's just got a phone interview.

Iv also got a phone interview with IM on wednesday, if anyone else has one and does it b4 then can you let me know how it goes and what questions come up?

thanks alot :smile:
Original post by trollman
At the end of my interview I was told about 2 weeks. That was monday, so I have a fair amount of time left to wait.

In other news got an interview at Dechert. But I have to turn it down because the dates clash with a vac scheme I already have at Hogan Lovells :frown:

Ah okay, thanks. You seem to be doing really well so far!! May i ask what your app is like, have you got a 1st/loads of ECs?
Reply 1586
Original post by VacS
Anyone heard from Wragge? I got an email saying that my application was still part of the process and being screened, slightly unsure whether it is good news?!

I got that same email on January 18th, then a second email inviting me to phone interview arrived on January 20th.

I think it's just one of those "don't worry; we haven't forgotten about you, we're just really busy" emails - don't read into it too much and rest assured that for the time being, you're still in the running.
Reply 1587
Original post by barbie477
I got rejected from Herbert Smith 2 days after assessment day, by post! :frown:

I just got the same, so cruel!! Did they send your expenses through with it?
Original post by 10801
Got a telephone interview with them sometime next week :smile:

Congrats :smile: when did you apply?
Reply 1589
Hi there,

Does anyone have any tips for the Eversheds phone interview? I've got one coming up and was just wondering if anyone can reply/pm with how to prepare and what they'll ask.

Congrats to everyone for all the success so far!
Has anybody heard from Field Fisher Waterhouse?
Reply 1591
Original post by GDL-er
Hi there,

Does anyone have any tips for the Eversheds phone interview? I've got one coming up and was just wondering if anyone can reply/pm with how to prepare and what they'll ask.

Congrats to everyone for all the success so far!

How long did they take to get back to you? I only did the tests today, but always nice to know!
Reply 1592
Anyone any news from Cleary?? Also, has anyone had K&E asking for his grades?
Reply 1593
Anyone else heard from White and Case?
Original post by VacS
Anyone else heard from White and Case?

Nope I applied last week of November. PFO imminent :frown:
Reply 1595

Nope I applied last week of November. PFO imminent :frown:

Not necessarily! Have you heard anything from them at all since you applied?
Original post by grgpls
Anyone any news from Cleary?? Also, has anyone had K&E asking for his grades?

I went to an assessment day there on 9th Jan, have you been to one? I havent heard back yet though the waiting is a nightmare! Apparently they do another one at the beginning of Feb.
Reply 1597
I went to an assessment day there on 9th Jan, have you been to one? I havent heard back yet though the waiting is a nightmare! Apparently they do another one at the beginning of Feb.

No I haven't and I have applied since November..:P Do you know anyone who got an invite for the 2nd AC?

Regarding White & Case, I got rejected 2 weeks after I applied so no news is good news! they are giving out offers even in late February-March from what I ve seen.
Original post by grgpls
No I haven't and I have applied since November..:P Do you know anyone who got an invite for the 2nd AC?

I don't know anyone who has but someone at my assessment day asked a HR person and apparently that's what they said..so you should be hearing soon if that's the case!
Reply 1599
I don't know anyone who has but someone at my assessment day asked a HR person and apparently that's what they said..so you should be hearing soon if that's the case!

Thanks and good luck with your results! Hope you get the offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending