The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

oh ok...but at least they liked you...how is there online test, watson glaser or something? was it hard?x
Reply 1781
I hate the Watson Glaser test -.-
PFO from Withers :frown:
Reply 1783
Anyone still to hear from Herbert Smith?
Original post by ihra24

Yup, still waiting. I did only apply 2 weeks ago though.
Reply 1785
Original post by 10801

Original post by 10801
Slaughters summer VS offer yaaaaaay :smile:

Well Done! Are you law or non-law?
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Ashurst? I think they've forgotten about me!
Original post by trollman
offer from Sullivan & Cromwell. Just waiting on Slaughters now!

Amazing! You've done soo well! Good luck with Slaughter's, I'm also waiting to hear
Reply 1788
Original post by ihra24

post interview or post application? They said they'd let me know within 5 days after my interview.
Reply 1789
Hello,
Got a call this morning from Squire Sanders Hammonds inviting me to an AS for a VS. Does anyone know what format the interview is?
Thank you!!
Original post by trollman
offer from Sullivan & Cromwell. Just waiting on Slaughters now!

Dude apparently they have 5 VS offers for 400 applicants.

You are the man.
Interview at Manches :biggrin:
Just had a BLP telephone interview. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Chose a bad moment to forget how to talk like a human. Advice - look at a business you think had been successful and why. Blanked sooooo badly, such an easy question as well, benefit of hindsight! :frown:
Original post by stefwad75
Interview at Manches :biggrin:

If you don't mind answering; when did you apply?

I feels as though I'm waiting to hear from quite a few different places at the moment!
Original post by 12blahblah
Just had a BLP telephone interview. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. Chose a bad moment to forget how to talk like a human. Advice - look at a business you think had been successful and why. Blanked sooooo badly, such an easy question as well, benefit of hindsight! :frown:

I've had this before! Exact same problem happened to me. Such a stupid mistake in hindsight. Did they also ask you what your biggest failure was?!
Original post by charanmann
oh ok...but at least they liked you...how is there online test, watson glaser or something? was it hard?x

i didnt get to do the watson glaser test, this was just based on the online app.. heard theyre pretty hard though. hows your seo app going?
Hi,
I am an international second year law student. My A-level equivalent grades were pretty good, a 92% overall, and my first year law grades were good as well, a first-class with a 78% overall. However, I attend a uni that is not at all highly-ranked. Before everyone starts criticising my choice, I just want to say that I am stuck with it now and have to just soldier on with it. Anyways, I have applied for vac schemes at SNR Denton, Wragge & Co, Pinsent Masons, Mills & Reeve, CMS, Charles Russell, Travers Smith, Burges Salmon and Squire Sanders. Still waiting to hear from them. I have plenty of ECs and legal work experience. However, I am going crazy worrying about my chances., and would just like to hear opinions about how realistic my chances are with such a background. Additionally, I pursued engineering for two years prior to embarking on this degree on a 100% scholarship. So, I sort of have to justify myself to everyone now that it was worth leaving a promising degree to do law. Am just rambling on. Anyways, I did get invited to attend the PM Insight Evening, Wragge & Co Open Day, and the CMS Open Day earlier this month. Those were separate applications though.
I just got an email inviting me to an interview at Shearman & Sterling, has anyone else applied there?
Original post by lord denning
I've had this before! Exact same problem happened to me. Such a stupid mistake in hindsight. Did they also ask you what your biggest failure was?!

No...glad I escaped that one. They asked pretty standard questions. I gave pretty sub-standard answers.
Reply 1799
Original post by barbie477
I just got an email inviting me to an interview at Shearman & Sterling, has anyone else applied there?

Congratulations! You seem to be first with invites :wink:

Good luck, I have applied as well but still nothing in my inbox

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending