The Student Room Group

Parents won't let me and my boyfriend stay in the same house.

Scroll to see replies

To be honest, maybe they're worried BECAUSE you've talked about it so much. They know that if you sleep round, you're definitely going to be having sex, which is something that unsurprisingly they're uncomfortable with.

My mum and I never really talked about it haha, that way there was no issue because she could pretend not to know.
Reply 21
Original post by Eloise987
To be honest, maybe they're worried BECAUSE you've talked about it so much. They know that if you sleep round, you're definitely going to be having sex, which is something that unsurprisingly they're uncomfortable with.

My mum and I never really talked about it haha, that way there was no issue because she could pretend not to know.

I know, that's what I think. But my parents have always said that they want me to be completely honest with them and when speaking to me about friends children have done the whole 'this person went to the doctors and spoke to her mum, how sensible.' But when it comes to me, they just change their mind. If I didn't tell them and did it, they'd over react and never trust me again and when I do tell them they just say no and expect me to go along with it.
I'm 17, he's 23 & my mum is the same.
Try and speak to her and her answer is always, 'when you're 18 you can do what you like'.

soo annoying.
Reply 23
Original post by Lizzielet
We've been together over a year and a half so I think it's pretty reasonable to want to be able to stay the night at his or vice versa. He's going to uni in September, I'm a year younger, and my parents even said they wouldn't be happy with me going to stay with him for a weekend when he was at uni and said that we couldn't stay in the same room until we could 'afford to live independently.'

Me and the boyfriend have decided to stay virgins until we can spend the night together.

Call me old fashioned or whatever but I think you should respect your parent's wishes, as it is their own house. If you don't agree or want to comply with what your parents have said, you could always go and live somewhere else.
Reply 24
Original post by P4TRiiCE
Call me old fashioned or whatever but I think you should respect your parent's wishes, as it is their own house. If you don't agree or want to comply with what your parents have said, you could always go and live somewhere else.

Not meaning to sound rude but you obviously haven't read the thread, I completely understand the their house their rules things, but his house and visiting him when he's at uni?
i never had my boyfriend round to stay, apart from once when he stayed in the spare room for my birthday. they've now given in as we've lived together for a year, and in the uni hols he's allowed to come stay for a few nights before i leave the country for a year.

as others have said, in their house, it's their rules, and you are a year younger than him, and i assume still at college? a lot of people wouldn't be allowed at that age.

wait until he's at uni and go and stay at his halls? or say you're at friends' houses and then rent a hotel room for a night if you're that desperate :tongue:
I can completely understand... the difference is that I'm 18, nearly 19. And, my mum was gullible enough to believe we'd have separate rooms on our 4 day holiday.
Reply 27
Original post by Lizzielet
Not meaning to sound rude but you obviously haven't read the thread, I completely understand the their house their rules things, but his house and visiting him when he's at uni?

Not rude at all and yeah you're right, I haven't read it. I never do, I normally just comment on the first post. Well, his house and at Uni is up to you I suppose. I think it would be good to be open with your parents though, at least they know what's going on in your life. I know you're pretty much grown and that but they're still your parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending