The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missclairyfairy
Just had a read through this tread and it brings back loads of memories.

I'm in my 1st year at GCU so went through all of this last year. The uni's did take a while to get back to everyone (i applied to Stirling, Strath, UWS and obviously GCU) i think i was well into March before i had my last reply.

Stirling (offer around mid Feb) were the 1st to get back to me and Strath were last (rejection) I heard from UWS the day after my interview (offer) and i think CGU was around the end of Feb.

Good luck everyone :smile:

Hey there:smile:!
How did you find the interview at UWS? was it a group or individual?
Still waiting to get any sort of reply from everywhere apart from strath, freaking out!!:frown:
Are you enjoying the course so far?
Original post by katiebrown20
Lucy : a applied for strath, stirling and edinburgh :smile: you?

Ashtoreth : thanks so much!! Yeah :smile: do you have an interview too?

i did but asked to change my degree choice cos i wanna get into strath or GCU - so UWS are now my insurance for another degree prog.

am mega dead chuffed for ya tho! bloody well done!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by missclairyfairy
Just had a read through this tread and it brings back loads of memories.

I'm in my 1st year at GCU so went through all of this last year. The uni's did take a while to get back to everyone (i applied to Stirling, Strath, UWS and obviously GCU) i think i was well into March before i had my last reply.

Stirling (offer around mid Feb) were the 1st to get back to me and Strath were last (rejection) I heard from UWS the day after my interview (offer) and i think CGU was around the end of Feb.

Good luck everyone :smile:

heh! helloooo:tongue:

i want GCU too. tho i want strath as well lol...am expecting a rejection from strath tho!
hope that's not what happens with GCU as well cos then i'll have to accept UWS.

how are you finding the course and lemme ask u, how are u findin the exams? i hate exams:redface:
Original post by ashtoreth
i did but asked to change my degree choice cos i wanna get into strath or GCU - so UWS are now my insurance for another degree prog.

am mega dead chuffed for ya tho! bloody well done!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Aw right okay :smile: well good luck!
Thankyou! Trying not to get my hopes up too much :smile:!
Hi all, i've applied to Dundee, Strath, Glagow Cali, Uni of West Scot and Stirling. All acknowledged but just rcvd Strathclyde pers state/question through so working on that at the mo. Good luck all! :biggrin:
good luck to you too, katie! deffo let us know how u get on with your interview.

you too dee! good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 106
Any NI applicants for SW?

Lucy : a applied for strath, stirling and edinburgh :smile: you?

Ashtoreth : thanks so much!! Yeah :smile: do you have an interview too?

I've applied to Dundee, RGU, GCU, Strath and Stirling
Original post by dee4life2137

Original post by dee4life2137
Hi all, i've applied to Dundee, Strath, Glagow Cali, Uni of West Scot and Stirling. All acknowledged but just rcvd Strathclyde pers state/question through so working on that at the mo. Good luck all! :biggrin:

Good luck to you too:smile: I've applied to Dundee GCU and Stirling too:smile: xx
Does anyone know anything specific they ask at the UWS interview?
Anything I should prepare for?
Kinda stressing out!xx
Original post by Neards
Any NI applicants for SW?

don't think so, neards. not that i'm aware anyways...where have u applied? :smile:
Does anyone know anything specific they ask at the UWS interview?
Anything I should prepare for?
Kinda stressing out!xx

can't help i'm afraid, katie but, rootin for ya and lotsa luck for the day!

mebbe someone will come along that can shed some light on this for u :smile:
Reply 112
Queens and Magee. x
Original post by Neards
Queens and Magee. x

queens i've heard of but don't know the other one!

lotsa luck to you, chick! :smile:

what's the whole selection process like over the water?
Reply 114
Hi Everyone! I've applied to Social Work as well this year :smile:
Applied to Strathclyde, GCU, UWS, Stirling and Edinburgh.
Sent away my second personal statement and other essay to strathclyde, hear back by April apparently
interview for UWS on tuesday!
got some questions to do for Stirling
and unsuccessful from Edinburgh :frown:

Can I ask what age you all are? I'm applying from sixth year, no idea if thats quite common or if most people have a lot more life experience before they apply?!
hey rowan! :smile:

i'm ancient but i think the others are closer to your own age...albeit a tad older perhaps? lotsa luck to you too tho and let's hope we all get what we want out of all this!

ps. SW tends to attract those with more life exp but that doesn't mean u won't get anywhere. 2nd stage for 4/5 aint bad, chick :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi rowan, I'm sixth year too!
And got an interview on Tuesday! What time's yours?

Thanks so much ashtoreth :smile:!xx
Reply 117
10.45! you?
Is yours UWS Paisley? xx
Same:smile:
Yeah is yours?xx
Reply 119
yeah! we must have a group interview together than haha :smile: I have no idea what to expect, I'm so nervous :frown: What did you get in your exams and what subjects? :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest