The Student Room Group

Advertising Internships

Hey guys,

I've decided that after graduating from university I'd really like to work in advertising for a London company. However, I've been told that it's a hugely competitive and difficult field to break into. In order to give myself the best chance, does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do to make myself look more appealing to the graduate schemes in advertising?

Also, when should I start doing internships? I begin university in October (hopefully!), so should I look at getting an internship at the end of my first year or would this be too early? I just want to make sure I give myself the best chance possible when it comes to applying.

Thanks everyone and sorry for all the questions! All tips appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
(-)
OP
:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
(-)
OP
Bump....!
Reply 3
you could volunteer to do some freelance advertising work for small companies/businesses. Just to build a portfolio whilst at uni. it's never too early to get an internship.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4
The earlier the better for internships. You'll build up valuable experience and contacts. Plus, it's easier to get a job as in internal applicant than an external one so you could be lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time once you do graduate.
Reply 5
edit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending