The Student Room Group

***Official Summer 2012 & Off Cycle Internship Applications***

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zweihander
which division?

S&T

Original post by BearOrBull
Can I ask what date the AC is and if you know whether it is the first one?

Mid Oct and yes it is the first AC for S&T
Original post by InternshipPlease
S&T

Mid Oct and yes it is the first AC for S&T

what was phone interview like, anything technical and knowledge based or just competency, walkthrough your application and cv,
Original post by TheBhramaBull
what was phone interview like, anything technical and knowledge based or just competency, walkthrough your application and cv,

Competency and some technical... i.e. developments in the industry, what product areas etc. but mainly competency. The girl from HR was really friendly.
Reply 783
Original post by InternshipPlease
Competency and some technical... i.e. developments in the industry, what product areas etc. but mainly competency. The girl from HR was really friendly.

Can you remember when you submitted your app?
Original post by Earsnot
Can you remember when you submitted your app?

1st Aug
Reply 785
Original post by TheBhramaBull
anyone know if Citi's numerical is auto-rejection if you fail. Pretty sure I messed that one up!

Same. The format put me off, even though I thought most of the questions were pretty straight forward.
Reply 786
Original post by filipt
guys, anyone knows what is the Lazard case study like? got an invite for first round interview.

When is your interview?
This may sound stupid but what does AC stand for? (I've gathered that it means interview but just wondering what it stands for)
Reply 788
Assessment Centre
Reply 789
Original post by TheMainMan92
This may sound stupid but what does AC stand for? (I've gathered that it means interview but just wondering what it stands for)

Assessment Centre, tbh if you naven't heard of the term "AC" it doesn't bode well for getting through one....
Reply 790
when applying for summer internships there are many options within the analyst programme you can apply for from finance to private wealth management to investment banking to corporate finance
its hard to distinguish which division truly interests you from just reading the summaries about the bank, so i mean which one should i apply to? are there differing success rates amongst the divisions, or does it not matter at the summer internship stage?
Original post by SSM69
when applying for summer internships there are many options within the analyst programme you can apply for from finance to private wealth management to investment banking to corporate finance
its hard to distinguish which division truly interests you from just reading the summaries about the bank, so i mean which one should i apply to? are there differing success rates amongst the divisions, or does it not matter at the summer internship stage?

Thanks, this is reassuring. I thought the competition would be harsh this year.
Reply 792
Original post by ebam_uk
Assessment Centre, tbh if you naven't heard of the term "AC" it doesn't bode well for getting through one....

:facepalm: if you actually think the two are interconnected
Reply 793
Original post by ebam_uk

People only use the term 'AC' on internet forums' like this. Not everybody uses internet forums' like this.

I certainly don't speak in abbreviated english with people in reality since that would make me a bit a of dick head.
Reply 794
Original post by Earsnot
People only use the term 'AC' on internet forums' like this. Not everybody uses internet forums' like this.

I certainly don't speak in abbreviated english with people in reality since that would make me a bit a of dick head.

Mate, most people on here have never been to 'AC', don't worry every day you learn something new.
Reply 795
regarding BAML tests for S&T, is there only numerical or also verbal/logical?
Am I the only one systematically listing UBS as a non-profit organisation in my applications?
Reply 797
Original post by Frenchous
Am I the only one systematically listing UBS as a non-profit organisation in my applications?

Well depends... its profitable for the employers maybe not bonus-wise... just costs the governments a lotta dough.
What's the deal with DB? Their careers website starts their 'Analyst Internship Program' with the following:

If you are a university or college student heading into your final year of study...

Is it trying to say those going into final year of study after the internship? I assume going into the second year of a three year course makes one eligible to apply and their website is just being confusing?

Also, it describes the 'Analyst Training Programme' for those who are in their last year of study; http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/final

[Quote please :smile:]
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 799
Original post by GingerApple
What's the deal with DB? Their careers website starts their 'Analyst Internship Program' with the following:

If you are a university or college student heading into your final year of study...

Is it trying to say those going into final year of study after the internship? I assume going into the second year of a three year course makes one eligible to apply and their website is just being confusing?

Also, it describes the 'Analyst Training Programme' for those who are in their last year of study; http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/final

[Quote please :smile:]

Analyst Training Program = Grad app = final year

Analyst internship program = summer app = penultimate year

Not hard :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending