The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Having a seriously depressing half hour right now. Just thinking about the clothes I want to buy "when I'm thin" and a few of the things I said I wanted (we went to Peacocks today) Mum was like "that's a bit young for you".. so that means I'll NEVER be able to wear things I missed out on as a teenager!

She's probably right, of course, but I just think I've wasted my entire life so far being fat!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Having a seriously depressing half hour right now. Just thinking about the clothes I want to buy "when I'm thin" and a few of the things I said I wanted (we went to Peacocks today) Mum was like "that's a bit young for you".. so that means I'll NEVER be able to wear things I missed out on as a teenager!

She's probably right, of course, but I just think I've wasted my entire life so far being fat!

How old are you?
Wear whatever you like hon. When you've worked this hard towards making yourself healthier you can wear whatever the hell you like.
I resisted bread-bingeing! I had sea bass with salad and sauteed mushrooms for dinner - a small portion, but I've been snacking on lettuce and dip all afternoon. Treated myself to a little bit of Haagen Dazs for dessert.

What do you guys all snack on? I find it comforting to have something to munch while I'm watching TV or something (yeah, I'm a stereotypical emotional eater!)...
Original post by Emaemmaemily
How old are you?
Wear whatever you like hon. When you've worked this hard towards making yourself healthier you can wear whatever the hell you like.

I'm 20 :biggrin:. Fully intend to wear whatever I like, providing I get the body for it haha.

---

Here's a photo of a top I bought today, ignore my "mirror face" :biggrin: Top is size 14, jeans are size 16! Bit of a "progress pic" I suppose. It doesn't look like I was ever size 22 now :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Reply 584
I'm 20 :biggrin:. Fully intend to wear whatever I like, providing I get the body for it haha.

---

Here's a photo of a top I bought today, ignore my "mirror face" :biggrin: Top is size 14, jeans are size 16! Bit of a "progress pic" I suppose. It doesn't look like I was ever size 22 now :biggrin:.

Spoiler

You look fab hun! WELL DONE! Keep it going

xx.
Reply 585

---

Spoiler

You look stunning! Wow :smile: x

---

Spoiler

Congratulations, you look amazing! I know I've never actually met you but I always come across your posts on here, and it feels almost like I know you - really proud!
Reply 587
I havn't really eat since breakfast because I've been so busy today I just forgot so after work I was starving and I had a parmo burger, which is terribly unhealthy but I was to hungry to resist. unfortunately its something thats only really served round here so livestrong has no idea how many calories were in it.
a parmos basically a flattened piece of breaded chicken (I think deep fried when they come from takeaway shops) with a layer of Béchamel sauce and then topped with cheese. and the parmo burgers a smallish one inside a bun. no idea what to put down I think I'll just add like 1000 calories as an estimate
I love reading this thread! So good for inspiration, and it's so great that you all seem to have such well-defined goals (probably something I could learn from!). Always provides me with that extra bit of motivation that we all need now and then :smile:
Hey all, I've fallen off the wagon a lot recently, but aim to start up again soon. Anyway, the main reason I wanted to post was to point you in the direction of this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1714945

and ask you to try and make the OP see sense about her diet! The amount of useless and dangerous advice being thrown around as well is scary. I saw the thread and immediately thought of you lot as an inspiration she could sorely do with following! :biggrin:
Reply 590
Just got in from morning milking....had museli with dried apricots on for breakfast! (My brothers eaten all the bananas :frown: )

Stepped on the scales when I got up, apparently I've lost a pound (normal weigh day isn't until Wednesday)...hoping I've made it through the plateau, will be nice to knock another one off by Wednesday!! Been upping my workout at the gym...not allowing myself to stop/ pushing for the harder levels on the machines etc :smile:

Had a twister lolly last night, my mum brought home some mini versions of them...and they're only 45 calories each (alright theres some sugar, but hey)!! :biggrin:

http://www.loveicecream.com/uk_en/products/mixedpackproducts/mini-twister/81/default.aspx
Reply 591

You look FAB!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Well done!
Any ideas on what to have to make a decent, balanced breakfast?
I'm very aware of the distinct lack of protein that my bowl of apple and mango this morning and cup of coffee has....

---

Spoiler

Wow girl, you look SO good! Well done on the progress so far :smile:
Lost about 3lbs this week. However I am a pound heavier than I was yesterday, oops!
I don't know how I've lost so much more this week (I've had two weeks at a pound and half a pound!) because my diets been atrocious. I've upped the exercise a bit but not by enough to justify 3 pounds. Ah well, not complaining!

Had a nice gym session and now a protein shake plus something else for breakfast. Though not sure what :/
Thank you for all your comments about my progress pic! :-).

I have problems with that kind of top because my boobs are still "decent", so tends to be too tight around that area, but if I then get a size 16 so that the boobs are fine it's just not flattering anywhere else and you can't tell I've lost weight! So everyone's going to have to deal with a bit of boobage :biggrin:.

I have family coming over today for the weekend and, knowing my Dad, he has a lot of nice food planned. Don't know why, but whenever we have people over he thinks I'm being rude if I don't eat either the same as them, or if I ask for a smaller portion. Not sure what's rude about not wanting to be morbidly obese anymore but never mind.
Hate to say it but I'm having a day off the diet today. Well, still going to be eating healthily but going on a night out tonight, haven't drank alcohol in over 2 months so I'm hoping I will have become a lightweight since then so I won't consume too many alcohol calories lol. I know alcohol doesn't fit in with a 'healthy new me' but it's the first time I've had enough confidence to go on a night out in ages so may aswell enjoy myself :smile:
Reply 597
Original post by Shockolate
Hate to say it but I'm having a day off the diet today. Well, still going to be eating healthily but going on a night out tonight, haven't drank alcohol in over 2 months so I'm hoping I will have become a lightweight since then so I won't consume too many alcohol calories lol. I know alcohol doesn't fit in with a 'healthy new me' but it's the first time I've had enough confidence to go on a night out in ages so may aswell enjoy myself :smile:

If you're so worried than drink spirits straight, you won't have any sugary carbs going around your system then, I drink whiskey and I'm buzzed after 3 doubles which is about 360 calories
Original post by Shockolate

One day off isn't going to do you any harm :-). Remember you'd need to eat 3,500 calories more than you burn to even put one pound on, and if you're on a night out you should be dancing and things shouldn't you? So not like you're just sitting eating pies or anything. Don't worry about it, just enjoy yourself.
Reply 599
Original post by SoapyDish
I resisted bread-bingeing! I had sea bass with salad and sauteed mushrooms for dinner - a small portion, but I've been snacking on lettuce and dip all afternoon. Treated myself to a little bit of Haagen Dazs for dessert.

What do you guys all snack on? I find it comforting to have something to munch while I'm watching TV or something (yeah, I'm a stereotypical emotional eater!)...

Frozen berries, frozen grapes, strawberries, blueberries (so fruit basically, haha) and sometimes salted pretzels, soft cheese on toast, bran flakes, loads of different things. They're not all that healthy and fruit can be very high in sugar but its better than chocolate I guess :smile:

Latest