The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Grr, went all the way into town to weigh myself (home scales are crap) and the bloody machine was out of order! :huff:

Going into uni and the library tomorrow to finish an essay... at least there there's no biscuit cupboard to raid!
Original post by Chrisateen

PRSOM. Just wanted to say thank you very much for convincing me to up my calories as I lost 3.1lbs! I now weigh 121.9lbs. Looks like it was the positive change I needed. :biggrin: Obviously I know that part of the 3.1lbs is water weight from finishing my totm, but i know not all of it is.

I was zigzagging between about 1250 to 1600 calories (depending on whether I was having a rest day or not), and I think I might do the same this coming week too. :smile:
Reply 5982
Frozen grapes just aren't cutting it tonight! :frown:

EDIT: I had some weightwatchers bread with a slither of butter and marmite on....tomorrow Im going to Sainsburys in search of sugar free marshmallows!

Does anyone eat that sort of stuff? I was looking online to find the marshmallows and came across this website

http://www.avidlite.co.uk/?gclid=CP2bwpTF16wCFcYKfAodrV4fTw

I've never thought about that sort of thing before, looking for sugar free/ diabetic sweets...just intrigued! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
A weekend of eating junk has left me completely knackered.

I didn't eat huge amounts (pretty sure I didn't go over my maintence calories), but it's left me feeling totally drained and struggling to concentrate - a reminder why I don't do this often!
Original post by VampireDiaries
PRSOM. Just wanted to say thank you very much for convincing me to up my calories as I lost 3.1lbs! I now weigh 121.9lbs. Looks like it was the positive change I needed. :biggrin: Obviously I know that part of the 3.1lbs is water weight from finishing my totm, but i know not all of it is.

I was zigzagging between about 1250 to 1600 calories (depending on whether I was having a rest day or not), and I think I might do the same this coming week too. :smile:

Glad it worked :smile:
Having a battle with myself to NOT weigh myself tomorrow. I haven't been awful this week (but not exactly behaved myself, either) but it's TOTM.. or at least it's meant to be, 3 days late ouch.
Just joined my fitness pal. It was shocking to see the numbers. Today was pretty much a typical day apart from all the raisins and almonds I scoffed because I didn't have my lunch til really late. I think it will help me to stay motivated anyway so I will persevere with it. I didn't realise I ate so many carbs and fat so I will be tweaking my diet a little bit I think.

Went shopping yesterday as I'm desperate for some gym clothes. Tops especially. I decided to be adventurous (for me) and bought a few vest tops and some fitted t-shirts. I still can't get my head or eyes to accept that I am slimmish looking now so don't need to constantly cover up. The vests were a size 10 and tbh I could have prob got the 8 although I think they are a bit generous fitting. Either way, if anyone else said to me they were buying size 10 tops and was whinging to me about being fat I would tell them to shut up so I've decided it's time to get a grip.

So this morning I forced myself to the gym in one of my new vest tops and gym tights even though I felt a bit uncomfortable and on show. I'm really proud of myself cos I never wear stuff like that and I actually braved it. It was a first and I have to say I felt quite good. Much more comfortable in the gym and not half as hot and sweaty so tomoro I will do the same and force myself to where something which is "adventurous" for me lol.

I thought it also might push me to behave myself food wise. Got half a stone to shift that I put on during my blip but I'm sure I can do it and keep heading towards my goal.

Sometimes I think you almost need counselling so that your brain can keep up with your body and accept that you are no longer overweight.
Original post by VampireDiaries
Marmalady was talking about building muscle though, in which case it does matter where you get the calories from. A lifter wouldn't get big if they were on a high fat/low protein/medium carb for example as not enough protein to sustain and build up the muscle. In terms of losing weight, on the other hand, it's not a black and white topic, as although science shows it doesn't really matter what you're eating, research does show that certain macronutrient ratios are best at getting maximum benefit with fat loss. Note, I say fat loss, as nobody really wants to lose their muscle, unless they're weird. :tongue:

Ahhhh yes, I understand now, obviously if you want to build muscle you're going to need a certain amount of protein to repair the fibers :redface:

Original post by marmalady
I don't believe that either. I know calories in vs calories out is how you lose weight, but I believe that where the calories come from is important. Especially if, like tink, you're trying to build muscle while losing weight.

again :biggrin:
Has anyone here ever tried detoxing before?

I've got my Christmas Ball on Friday, and was thinking of trying one (nothing too excessive, mainly just cutting down on carbs and totally cutting out fizzy drinks). I've got a new dress, and I really want to look good/avoid looking bloated...
What sot of foods (or how many calories were you on) were you eating and exercise were you doing to lose the weight? Maybe this information will help to understand why your weight is fluctuating between 78-82kg (and that I quite a big fluctuation in weight)

crunches, squats, jumping jacks. not constantly just when i remembered. i ate a lot of fruits, biscuits, cereal, sandwiches and a lot of proteins. that's it really. i don't really eat much generally. just a lot of junk food but i stopped that ages ago.
Original post by fifteen_15
How's it going?! I think I'm on track so far! And we're half way through!!

How did you get one of those timeline things in your sig? I want one for motivation! I'm going for 10lbs overall too now. :biggrin:

Oh and I'm doing quite well. I've been watching Youtube videos (type in "watch me shrink") and some of the results the girls there have gotten are bloody amazing. In 10 weeks too! How much have you lost so far? :smile:

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];35102193']Has anyone here ever tried detoxing before?

I've got my Christmas Ball on Friday, and was thinking of trying one (nothing too excessive, mainly just cutting down on carbs and totally cutting out fizzy drinks). I've got a new dress, and I really want to look good/avoid looking bloated...

I have! Depends on how long you have but my advice: eat small meals and often, lay off the fibre (oatmeal, beans, weetabix etc) for a bit because it's absorbent and lay off salt (water retention) and high carbs (bloating, puffiness) as well. Only as a really short-term solution though. Fibre is too important :no:
Original post by Strüberry

I have! Depends on how long you have but my advice: eat small meals and often, lay off the fibre (oatmeal, beans, weetabix etc) for a bit because it's absorbent and lay off salt (water retention) and high carbs (bloating, puffiness) as well. Only as a really short-term solution though. Fibre is too important :no:

Thanks :smile: It would only be until Friday (and tbh, not really tomorrow - lack of food/time to shop means eating what I've got in the house!). I don't really eat white carbs anyway, just need to cut down on the toast :tongue: Oh, and the fizzy drinks :colondollar:
Lost a kilo! :woo:
Reply 5993
Your measurements are not far off from mine. According to most retailers you should be wearing a 10-12. Do you think that maybe you are a 10 but just afraid or got use to trying on a size 12-14. Maybe you should go to a couple of your favourite stores and try on clothes a size down.

Very possible! Next time I go shopping I'll have a try.
Reply 5994
Sooooo I went home for the weekend and had access to scales for the first time in 9 weeks

aaaand..... I've lost 10lbs (since I last weighed) and 35lbs in total!! :biggrin: Down to 9st 12 now, so only 5lbs off my target :woo:
Original post by cpdavis

Congrats! :woo:
Original post by Nut.
Sooooo I went home for the weekend and had access to scales for the first time in 9 weeks

aaaand..... I've lost 10lbs (since I last weighed) and 35lbs in total!! :biggrin: Down to 9st 12 now, so only 5lbs off my target :woo:

Great job! :party:
Reply 5997
This morning the scales says 12 stone 6 pounds and a 1/4 (:woo:)

Though I'm not gonna rely on it until its been there a few days!! Weighing everyday is turning out much more motivating for me...makes not having a binge so worth while!! Looking like Ill be able to reach my goal of 12 stone for christmas day :smile:

Still can't believe its over 4 stone I've lost now...I know I was at least 16 stone and a half when I started, but I didn't weigh myself at the beginning since I didn't even OWN a scales :o:
Reply 5998
Original post by cpdavis

Original post by Nut.

Well done guys!! :biggrin:

It won't let me rep you :mad:
Original post by Nut.

Well done :excited: :woo:

Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Congrats! :woo:

Just had porridge for my breakfast, felt much more healthier and more full then when I would have a macdonalds breakfast wrap or sausage mccmuffin

Latest