The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];33002817']Planning on going to the gym tomorrow for the first time *eek*

Going to try and get the hang of a few weight exercises before tomorrow, really need to make sure that I don't wimp out (I'm worried I'm just going to make a fool of myself!)

I'm planning on spending some time on the cross trainer too - would I be better of doing that or weights first?

I think it's better to do cardio first and then weights.
Original post by lolo66

Original post by lolo66

:no: Weights first so you're not too exhausted to do it properly and with correct form and then cardio if you must. It's best to do them on different days though - the body does need a rest!
Reply 782
Original post by lolo66

you're wrong
Reply 783
Original post by a_t
you're wrong

Oh ok...sorry :frown:
Plan of action for today-

Breakfast: banana, protein shake
Lunch: chicken and salad sandwich, apple, peach
Tea: Spag Bol (pasta may not be wholemeal, as my friend is cooking it round hers)

Exercise: No gym work today but will be walking for around an hour.
Just had NO time for a run yesterday because I was travelling most of the day and hardly even stopped. Will make up for it today though :smile:
Original post by Aemiliana
:no: Weights first so you're not too exhausted to do it properly and with correct form and then cardio if you must. It's best to do them on different days though - the body does need a rest!

Original post by a_t
you're wrong

So would I be better off going to the gym every day, and splitting weights and cardio? Rather than going 3 times a week and doing both, with rest days in between?

Only thing is, I'm not sure I have time to go to the gym that often :/ Is it that bad to do them on the same day?

(Sorry for all the questions, but I know NOTHING about weights)
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];33009040']So would I be better off going to the gym every day, and splitting weights and cardio? Rather than going 3 times a week and doing both, with rest days in between?

Only thing is, I'm not sure I have time to go to the gym that often :/ Is it that bad to do them on the same day?

Well the only thing is it will make you a lot more tired, and so you may not get as much done all in one, or you could just be exhausted on your day off.
But do what feels right for you. It is important to give your body days that it can rest too, so just keep it in mind :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];33009040']So would I be better off going to the gym every day, and splitting weights and cardio? Rather than going 3 times a week and doing both, with rest days in between?

I do both cardio and weights in one session, and go to gym around 4 days a week. You will probably feel more tired for it, after a session in the gym, but I like having my days off :smile:
Morning everyone!

Weather's very nice today. Going to get out of bed (soon, I promise) and do my weights. Then go out for a nice walk somewhere. Got a scholarship payment from uni today so am planning on having a shopping spree very very soon! Not technically what it's supposed to be used on, but never mind..
Reply 790
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

At least you had a good week last week to make up for anything that might have happened this week. Don't worry about a blip every once in a while, it happens to everyone.

Turned out better than expected! And I just joined your blog. I love it :smile:
Reply 791
lol went away for 8 days and back to an extra 30 pages or something :tongue:

pretty chuffed, have been in rome eating tons of pizza and ice cream, but we did so much walking (and getting lost, and melting in the sun) that I've lost a pound :smile:
Original post by Lana_07
Turned out better than expected! And I just joined your blog. I love it :smile:

Thank you! Hoping to do another video blog soon but haven't had the house to myself for days & hate talking to my laptop when anyone else is around, ha ha.

Original post by conway!
lol went away for 8 days and back to an extra 30 pages or something :tongue:

pretty chuffed, have been in rome eating tons of pizza and ice cream, but we did so much walking (and getting lost, and melting in the sun) that I've lost a pound :smile:

Welcome back :biggrin:. Yep this thread has become rather successful, I'm pleased with it to be honest. Mmm I love Italian "Gelato" :biggrin:.
Reply 793
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
x

http://exercise.about.com/

Is a useful general website for exercise tips and chat, and there are dozens of other about.com sites for things from cycling to running and swimming etc.

I find them very useful so maybe for some of you folks too :smile:
Original post by Nut.
http://exercise.about.com/

Is a useful general website for exercise tips and chat, and there are dozens of other about.com sites for things from cycling to running and swimming etc.

I find them very useful so maybe for some of you folks too :smile:

Added, thank you :-).
Original post by lolololol
I've just bought an online deal for 1 month unlimited fitness classes for me and my boyfriend for when I get back from holiday! The gym is a 20 minute walk away as well so that's a good warm up. There are an average of 3 hours of classes a day that I want to go to - is this too much? At the moment I only go to Zumba class 2/3 times a week. I'm wondering how many calories I should be eating too if I do go to all these classes...

Also well done Flora[ProActiv] on the run! I'm going to do some C25K when I go home for the week tomorrow :biggrin:

I'm just quoting my post because nobody has replied... I could use some advice!
Original post by lolololol
I'm just quoting my post because nobody has replied... I could use some advice!

3 hours a day is quite a lot, and I certainly wouldn't recommend that every day. Maybe you should spread out the classes you want to do on different days? That way you do all the ones you'r interested in, but aren't over-doing it.
Yes, it's also a good idea for you to do some research about how many calories you should have with that, because obviously you should eat more the more exercise you do.
:smile: good luck
Just got back from the gym.
No one laughed at me for using puny weights, and I didn't drop anything, so all in all it was a rather successful trip.
:smile:
Reply 798
Just tried Body Combat for the first time today! It was really hard and I struggled a bit towards the end of the class but I didn't stop and I can feel that i've really worked my muscles. :biggrin:
Reply 799
2 hours ice skating today and going to the gym later :smile:

Latest