The Student Room Group
Original post by amizzle91
Hey everyone on this very snowy Sunday :smile:

I want to start doing the upper body section on my fitness DVD and obviously I need weights :smile: Soooo looking for advice, what weight should I start with? I was thinking 2kg each, is this too light or too heavy for a novice?

Thanks in advance :biggrin: x

what DVD you got?

ive got 2.3kgs and when i first got them they were too much, try them though, you might find them ok
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I have a friend who can do 5 minutes and I just sit in awe and watch her. But I'm going to start doing them daily and hopefully that'll help me improve :biggrin:.

I think I might start daily planking too. Before I was trying to do it to a countdown but I think if I actually timed my planks rather than trying to reach a goal, it'd work better. I kinda wanna do one now :teehee:

I'm also considering writing up a little 10 minute exercise routine, that I can do every day (sometimes twice when I'm doing nothing else) because right now it is far too cold for me to be motivated to go outside and exercise and I've discovered I don't really like exercise DVDs :colondollar: Does anyone have any ideas for cardio I can do that doesn't involve too much jumping around? The floorboards aren't great :frown:
Original post by tinktinktinkerbell
what DVD you got?

ive got 2.3kgs and when i first got them they were too much, try them though, you might find them ok

It's Davina Fit, came out in 2010 so a bit outdated :smile: But if I get the weights I'm thinking of getting the 30 Day Shred.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to see if I can buy a set of maybe 1-2kg but if not I'll go for the 2kg :smile:
Reply 9583
Hoping for good news on the scales in the morning! Not sure what its gonna do since I lost like 5.5 pounds or whatever last time (MUST have been water weight/ bloating from something)

Done a lot of trekking through the snow today so hope thats burnt a lot off :smile:

Pound would be nice, two even better :p:
Reply 9584
Quite mad at myself, had such a naughty weekend!!!! Feeling like a pig atm :frown:

But tomorrow is a new day, I am going to write out my meal plan for the week after I finish writing this report. I NEED to stop having a cheat weekend as opposed to a cheat day!!! Didn't even do any exercise other than walking round the shops today. I honestly feel like I have undone a months worth of hard work in one weekend!!!!
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36235736']You could go for the mains with just veg rather than potatoes as well (e.g. the pie, the roast lamb and the fish)

Generally, key things to avoid are things like creamy/cheesey sauces, desserts, etc.

I'd probably go for:
Jacket potato and tuna (Monday)
Pasta with chicken (Tuesday)
Pie and veg, no potatoes (Wednesday)
Lamb and veg (Thursday)
Fish and veg (Friday)

And then fresh fruit :smile:

This sounds like a good plan - thank you :smile:
I love it when it's summer and you can go out for a walk at like 8pm wearing just a t shirt.. *dreams*
Oh, and I have nothing better to do other than Google "motivational weight loss images" so going to post a few just for the sake..

Although, actually, I'm bored of looking at those pictures anyway. You wouldn't believe the number of them that have cake in them! *sulk*
Reply 9589
Posted some pics of me out in the snow earlier on Facebook...one of my friends said I looked skinny...result! :biggrin:

Although, actually, I'm bored of looking at those pictures anyway. You wouldn't believe the number of them that have cake in them! *sulk*

This tumblr links to some awesome motivational images! (Ignore the thinspo url)

http://thinnerisstronger.tumblr.com/
Quite a good day today I think, after the disaster that was yesterday.

Breakfast - poached egg with 2 slices of ham
Lunch - brown bread ham sandwich and an apple
Snack - banana
Dinner - Plaice fillet with homemade oven chips and green beans, with a Ski mousse
Snack - orange, possibly a cracker.

Disaster has struck through - mother has bought in a load of raisins and sultanas. It's taking ALL my will power not to eat them...can't promise it'll last. She made rock buns earlier....mmm.....

Exercise - Walked 2 miles, 40 mins exercise bike.
Deleted and blocked him from facebook, deleted his number, deleted him from the messenger we use. Good bye ex. Hello rock bottom.
Reply 9593

I like these tumblr posts :smile:
Reply 9594
Original post by outlaw-torn
Deleted and blocked him from facebook, deleted his number, deleted him from the messenger we use. Good bye ex. Hello rock bottom.

rock bottom means things are only going to get better:console:

No, hello a new and hopefully better chapter of your life.
Massive :hugs: that must have been really hard, but in the long run I think you've done the best thing for your mental wellbeing

Rock bottom is excellent. When you're at rock bottom, the ground is solid. You can only build on solid ground. Things can only get better. I could sing that to you if you liked, but I doubt that'd help... :getmecoat:
Oh, and I have nothing better to do other than Google "motivational weight loss images" so going to post a few just for the sake..

haha, I do the same when I don't feel like going for a run but feel like I should - I also watch some motivational videos on youtube :smile:
Here's on of them
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPPtmE079M
Most of the time, it does actually manage to motivate me :smile:
Reply 9598
Original post by caiitlinz
This tumblr links to some awesome motivational images! (Ignore the thinspo url)

http://thinnerisstronger.tumblr.com/

Wow, there are some really good pictures there. It's nice to see inspiration sites that are full of strong, healthy girls rather than 'thinspo', and healthy food!
Hey all, just had a thought; if any of you have MyFitnessPal, feel free to add me! I need more friends ;__;

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/catlingood

Latest