The Student Room Group
4 mile walk in the snow - my legs! my legs! Lol

Today's Food Plan

Breakfast - 1x wholemeal slice toast, 1x small banana, chopped on top

Lunch - Pasta, tomato pasta sauce and 2x low cal hot dog sausage

Dinner/Tea: Ham salad
Just been for another walk, and still not even 4,000 steps. This is going to be a seriously long day if I have any hope of getting up to 10,000! How do people with desk jobs manage at all?!
Reply 9622
Going spinning tonight :biggrin:

Have a recipe for apple and raspberry muffins that don't use margarine or eggs and only 3 spoons of sugar so going to give them a bash this afternoon :smile:
Had another bad day yesterday... had a packet of crisps and some of my boyfriend's chocolate when I was panicking over an essay. :/ Starting to feel demotivated today... I can barely eat because I'm going to a triples bar later, and I've budgeted for four triples which I probably won't stick to anyway. Oh well, at least that essay's handed in! :smile: Looking forward to getting weighed in two weeks, hopefully that'll motivate me if I've managed to lose something by then.
Ah Mum just ordered Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred! :biggrin: So excited, since everyone has given it raging reviews! But also a little bit nervous... How tough is it?
Haven't moved since I last moaned about not doing enough steps, over an hour ago. My pedometer isn't going to move on its own is it! I need to get a flipping grip and move.

Speaking of flipping, it's pancake day soon.. hmm. Think I'm going to go out so the temptation is well away from me!
Flnarg - got a really bad headache, which is making me want to sit around and do nothing but eat >_<

Got to go out for pole dancing in about 10 minutes, hoping that walking/the fresh air will clear my head a bit.
I'm hungover so I'm not going to the gym.

So pissed off at one gym I paid for though, telling me it's an extra £15 for the access fob! I'm going to send sternly worded letters.
Zumba tonight :smile:
I'm tired, but I know I'll feel good after the exercise. Plus, I have my first date with someone tomorrow so I know I'll feel better knowing I haven't been lazy haha.
Original post by Aemiliana
I'm hungover so I'm not going to the gym.

So pissed off at one gym I paid for though, telling me it's an extra £15 for the access fob! I'm going to send sternly worded letters.

Bunch of thieves. I think you need to find yourself another gym. Which gym is it?
Reply 9630
Body pump for me tonight, after a break of a good few months after my first two sessions :redface: Oh well, looking forward to it! Need to change up my routine a bit because have been getting bored of just gymming and haven't lost any weight for a while now grrrr
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by outlaw-torn
PRSOM for all three of you :colone:
It'll be a good thing for me in the long run, I know. Just hard right now but if I've survived this long without him surely I can survive longer. :smile: Thanks :hugs: (I don't know why I post things related to my ex and all that on here.. I guess I find this thread quite comforting which is nice :smile:)

-----

Had one of those silly little Chicago Town microwave pizzas for tea. About to have a KitKat. I suppose it's better than nothing... I was at the library when all this stuff happened and the way I was feeling I think it's an achievement that I've managed to eat something and resisted jumping on a train and going home!

Meant to quote you last night but just remembered I didn't! I always post everything on this thread as well, people on here are so nice. Plus, happy mind = happy body! So it all counts :-).

I have those pizzas on a Tuesday AND Wednesday every week during term time, with a bag of doritos, a bagel and half a tin of sweetcorn with an Activia yoghurt. So don't feel too bad, you're not as bad as me just yet :biggrin:. (It's because I stay at my boyfriend's the night before uni and he has literally nothing to cook food with, and it's less effort to eat rubbish twice a week than it is to bring my own.. well it seems to have been working alright thus far. Only until April anyway, then I'm free of uni).
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Got my pedometer out, and have decided that I won't stop walking until I hit 10,000 steps. Will go out and walk in circles round the garden if I have to.

Might jog some of the steps as well, which is obviously even better, but I have to start being more active in general!

im going to buy a treamill soon and im going to use mine and make sure i get 10,000 steps :biggrin:

just going to stick a film on and away i go :biggrin:
Bad day for non-foodie reasons...My bag was either stolen or lost at a club last night, containing my iPhone, driving licence, keys, uni card, bank card, and a lovely lip gloss. Then I did something really silly due to drunkenness, which needs to be forgotten about. So today has been spent feeling guilty, tired, and stressed at having to bar my phone and bank card, while still running back and forth to the club to see if the cleaners have found anything. I'm going to have to pay £10 for a new uni card, £15 for a new key, £20 for a new licence, and God knows how much for a new phone. It's just so frustrating - I kept the bag on me the whole night, then put it down for a second while I put my coat on to leave, and next thing I knew, it was gone!

So yeah, been comfort eating today.
Reply 9634
Its been so cold today, so I stayed in all day! :frown:

foodwise it has been good, for breakfast I just had a cup of tea becuase I was feeling lazy so didnt want anything else but for lunch I made a cheese and cucumber sandwich on brown, a weight watchers yogurt and an apple! :smile:

Dinner is going to be either rice or jacket potato because thats all I have in at the moment! before anyone negs yes I am eating enough calories, I log it into MFP :smile:
Original post by SoapyDish
Bad day for non-foodie reasons...My bag was either stolen or lost at a club last night, containing my iPhone, driving licence, keys, uni card, bank card, and a lovely lip gloss. Then I did something really silly due to drunkenness, which needs to be forgotten about. So today has been spent feeling guilty, tired, and stressed at having to bar my phone and bank card, while still running back and forth to the club to see if the cleaners have found anything. I'm going to have to pay £10 for a new uni card, £15 for a new key, £20 for a new licence, and God knows how much for a new phone. It's just so frustrating - I kept the bag on me the whole night, then put it down for a second while I put my coat on to leave, and next thing I knew, it was gone!

So yeah, been comfort eating today.

Oh my goodness that sounds horrible, so sorry to hear you've had such a rubbish time. Don't feel guilty though, we all do silly things. Just forget about diet etc until you've sorted yourself out xx
Original post by Riku
Oooh, understand the feeling of having to earn the meals, and had a broken sleep myself :hugs:
Truth is, it really doesn't make a difference. I understand the logic when dieting for working towards treats on cheat days, although I don't entirely agree with it anymore. But diet or none, for you to eat is a right, not a privilege. If we're terrible with the chocs and crisps, and you want lunch, still have lunch. If you have an exercise-free day and want dessert, hey go ahead have dessert! If you don't move from the couch all day and Mum's cooked up a bloody roastie, if you want it then go for it :biggrin:
What I'm saying in quite a roundabout way is you might be over-thinking all this. To be losing sleep over 2 Weetabix is completely unfair on yourself, and you needn't worry so much about breakfast or any other meal. Sometimes it's better to let things go a little and trust the fact you're smart enough to make good decisions for your health without obsessing over it :smile:
I'm glad you had them anyway, right decision ^_^

Thank you for your kind words :grouphugs:

Food and I have a potentially very poor relationship. There are times when I don't give a monkeys about what I'm eating (like all of last year) - ok, I put on weight, but it's quite healthy. Then, like now, I'm dieting and teeter at the edge of taking it too far; I obsess, calorie count everything, have a panic attack if someone uses butter/semi-skimmed milk etc, and I sometimes go even further :frown: However, up until last night I've been relatively good at making sure I hit a certain number of calories per day and NOT going below it...I just have these stupid moments where my entire life is consumed by 'What am I having for lunch tomorrow? What is the lowest calorie option? Maybe I shouldn't have anything at all...or maybe I should splurge, screw it.'

Today, after the rocky Weetabixgate incident this morning, has been good. I've forced myself to be good.
Breakfast - 2 weetabix with simmed milk, banana
Snack - 50g raisins (waah!)
Lunch - Greggs tomato soup
Snack - Fudge
Dinner - M+S Kids spaghetti and a millonaires dessert
Exercise - probably walked a mile in total, but nothing strenuous. When I was wide awake at 3am weighing up the pros and cons of eating, I said I'd do 30mins on the bike, but at 5.30am, having finally nodded off for 30 mins, I decided it wasn't such a good idea!
Reply 9637
Ugh, really annoyed at myself. I'd been good all day, but I'm having a tough time of it recently because of all sorts, and I just let it all get to me. I've just eaten Lasagne, lots of garlic bread and a mars bar in the space of an hour. :frown: :frown:
Reply 9638
Good spinning sesh again! such a good stress reliever!!

SO close to normal BMI now :smile:
I'm really craving a tiger roll.
I have 4 downstairs, and it would fit in with my calories (currently on quite a low net), but I'm not sure whether to have one - I'm not really feeling hungry, but at the same time, I want one :tongue:

Latest