The Student Room Group

Deloitte Summer Vacation Scheme/Internship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I emailed the recruitment contact on Friday and she emailed me back today. I just wanted to tell her my availability was no longer what I had said since she hadn't got back to me. She just said that they've been doing the interviews for the 2011 graduate positions and now they're finished, they'll be doing the 2012 SVS interviews soon. She said she'd get back to me about the date which would probably be mid-September.
Reply 61
Original post by xlynzx
Hi :smile:

I've just submitted my initial application form for the Deloitte Rotation Internship for summer 2012 (now on to another one...) and thought I'd see if anyone else has applied for Deloitte (or any other accounting firm) internships for 2012.

I'm going into 3rd year of BA Accounting and Finance and reeaalllly want an internship for next summer! I'd love to go into 4th year with a graduate job to come out to :biggrin: - that's my goal! Haha

Has anyone else started applying for such an internship? Or has anyone been on an internship with a professional services firm in the past? Would really like to hear your tips/views on them.

Good luck to anyone at the same stage as me and hope to hear from you :smile:

Hi
I'm also going into 3rd year of Accounting and Finance this year and still wondering should I apply for an internship or a graduate job after my graduation? Please give me some advices.Thanks alot
Reply 62
Original post by nghia17989
Hi
I'm also going into 3rd year of Accounting and Finance this year and still wondering should I apply for an internship or a graduate job after my graduation? Please give me some advices.Thanks alot

Well as most companies' internship schemes are for those in their penultimate year, if you're on a 4 year course then yeah, you should definately apply for an internship for next summer. If you get one and do well, they may offer you an interview for a graduate position meaning you could go into your fourth year with a job to come out to. I've heard firms have had a lot of applications this year so far, well the big 4 anyway so if you're wanting to apply, I'd get started pretty quickly.
xlynzx
x

Have you had your interview yet? Just got an email today asking about my availability to interview in the next two weeks, so they're definitely starting soon if they haven't already!
Reply 64
I had my final interview on wednesday... thought it went really well but they e-mailled me to say i was unsuccessful... i think i'll ask for some feedback?
Original post by randomlise
I had my final interview on wednesday... thought it went really well but they e-mailled me to say i was unsuccessful... i think i'll ask for some feedback?

Sorry to hear that :frown: You should ask for feedback, I think they do give it for final interviews just not any stages before that.

Where did you apply for? And what kind of questions were you asked, if you don't mind telling me? :colondollar:
Reply 66
Has anyone here had an AC with EY this summer? I got one next week for Risk FS. Would be a blinding coincidence if anyone else is attending the same one... It's for a 2012 Summer Internship BTW...
Reply 67
I had my interview on Friday and think it went ok (don't want to jinx it lol). Should hopefully hear this week or the next.
Original post by xlynzx
I had my interview on Friday and think it went ok (don't want to jinx it lol). Should hopefully hear this week or the next.

Good luck and I hope it went well for you :smile:
Reply 69
Has anyone had an interview with Deloitte for the summer vacation scheme and heard back from them? I was just wondering how long they took to get back to you with a reply.
Randomlise said she had an interview last Wednesday and heard back on Friday.
What are the interviews like? Anyone got any tips or things to prepare?
Reply 72
Interviews are competency based and Deloitte's competencies are on their careers website. They just ask you questions based on some of the competencies. Its pretty relaxed. They ask you follow up questions on the scenarios you describe and at the end, they give you an opportunity to ask them anything. To prepare, I tried to research the type of questions they could ask like, give me an example of when you gave a presentation, and wrote up answers to learn although try not to sound like your just rhyming off a learnt answer.
Reply 73
xlynzx,

Thanks for your help in this thread, I am applying for a 2012 graduate position at Deloitte.

I have a few questions with regards to my upcoming e-tray day:

Is the company used in the e-tray exercise the same as the one used in the example on the Deloitte website i.e. GDT/Trafford Lea?

If so, is the final 40min question based on writing a recommendation for the most appropriate strategy for Trafford Lea?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,
Many Thanks,
Sam
Have other firms opened their internship applications? I haven't found anything on the website, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?
Reply 75
Original post by xlynzx

Original post by xlynzx
The numeracy test wasn't actually too bad from what I can remember. The company that does the Deloitte ones has a free example test on their website. There's a link on this page to the practice tests - http://careers.deloitte.com/united-kingdom/students/csc_general.aspx?CountryContentID=12542

My tip would be to make sure you get peace and quiet to do the test and that you won't be disturbed as you can't pause or restart the test and you'll definately need a calculator and a notepad/paper for workings.

Also, I just had my e-tray day today. Wasn't actually too confident about it as you can't prepare for it really. My tips for that would be to make sure you read the relevant information relating to each email very carefully and don't rush - an hour is plenty time to reply to 20 emails as you are given three options to choose from for each - I managed to reply to 28 with time left over! As for the written communication question, you get 40 minutes to write a reply to an email given some further information. These 40 minutes go pretty quickly so make your decision and get writing. Plus there's no spell checker so be careful and try and leave at least a minute or so to quickly read over what you've written.

hi, i was just wondering , when you say you are given 3 options to choose from for each email , i take it the responses are multiple choice? what are the 3 options that are given, thanks
Reply 76
Original post by hvm1992
hi, i was just wondering , when you say you are given 3 options to choose from for each email , i take it the responses are multiple choice? what are the 3 options that are given, thanks

seriously??......
Reply 77
Original post by samr662
xlynzx,

Thanks for your help in this thread, I am applying for a 2012 graduate position at Deloitte.

I have a few questions with regards to my upcoming e-tray day:

Is the company used in the e-tray exercise the same as the one used in the example on the Deloitte website i.e. GDT/Trafford Lea?

If so, is the final 40min question based on writing a recommendation for the most appropriate strategy for Trafford Lea?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,
Many Thanks,
Sam

Hi Sam

Yes for both questions! :smile:

Thought I'd let everyone know I didn't get offered a place on the summer internship programme :frown: Bit gutted but its given me some vital experience.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 78
Original post by hvm1992

Yes the responses are multiple choice and as each email is different, obviously each one has different sets of options so I can't tell you what the options given are.
Reply 79
Original post by xlynzx
Hi Sam

Yes for both questions! :smile:

Thought I'd let everyone know I didn't get offered a place on the summer internship programme :frown: Bit gutted but its given me some vital experience.

Hey,

Unlucky about Deloitte - you must have been their first applicant as well. I'm guessing you're applying to the other Big 4 firms as well and I'm sure you'll get an offer.

Did you reach the first round interview stage? I just received an e-mail informing me that I passed the e-tray and that a grad recruiter will be in touch. How long did it take for you to set up your first round interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending