The Student Room Group

Is it possible to do AS and A2 in 1 year?

I have decided to do Economics, Mathematics and further mathematics for my AS and A2 in one year?
I'm aiming for LSE for adegree in Economics or Finance. The required results are A*,A,A (including A* in Mathematics)
Do you think my plan will work?
I'm also not sure whether taking 3 subjects for AS and A2 will make me less attractive,because most people at my school are doing 4 AS A2 subjects.

Please answer my question,because it is a serious issue!
Depends. How much prior experience of economics do you have?
Reply 2
I have done 12 subjects for IGCSE and I achived 6 As 3 Bs and 2Cs (including As for Economics and Mathematics and a B for Pure Mathematics)

Can you please give me some more advise on the issue
(edited 12 years ago)
You asked 12 minutes ago.
Reply 4
Yes it is possible to do.... you won't haave much of a life! Seriously, it will take up all your time, be prepared to work really hard but its entirely possible.
Good luck!
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
You asked 12 minutes ago.

Lol.
Reply 6
Yes it is possible. I did one year course, in chem biology and economics and got aaa, now im starting med school in september.
I would advise you to ask yourself if you are willing to put in a lot of work between september and january exams, because thats the killer time period. You've got to study the basic as stuff whilst studying a2 unit's without the as background (from unit's 1-3)
Secondly, make sure your college is seriously on the ball. mine was amazing, the teachers were brilliant and always helped. (It is a very small college though, i was the only one in my chem classes, and only one other girl in bio classes)
The main thing is to stay on top of the workload. But it is do-able. my classes were 9am-5.30pm everyday.
If i can do it im sure you can
Reply 7
Don't LSE want four A-Levels if you take both Maths and Further Maths?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending