The Student Room Group

DANG!! Girls WITHOUT makeup!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
On a day to day basis I only really wear a bit of concealer under my eyes and I was the same when I met my boyfriend so it would probably be more surprising for him to see me on a night out with a full face of make-up, especially since we've never been clubbing together. I'm too lazy to properly do myself up every day but also, I think the fact that I don't wear much make-up means that I don't actually need much- I've got quite good skin and I think if I clogged it up with foundation every single day it would be a lot worse, which would lead to me needing to wear more make-up and cause a vicious cycle.
Reply 41
If a boyfriend has stayed the night then he will see me without make up because I will always take it off before going to bed. I only wear make up if I'm going to be out for the whole day, if I'm just walking the dog or going to the shops then I wouldn't.
Reply 42
I'm a redhead, so if i don't wear any makeup at all, my eyelashes are completely invisible and i'm really really pale, so i look like an alien :s-smilie: so i tend to wear mascara on a day to day basis, usually some under eye concealer, and a very small amount of powder or tinted foundation...at school i normally wear subtle eyeshadow like gold, and sometimes brown or copper kohl...i only wear foundation/liquid eyeliner/lippy etc on a night out or at a party or big event...i'm single atm, but my previous bf saw me without makeup, even though i was quite self conscious about it as i look totally different! but he didn't mind :smile:
Reply 43
Crap i hardly wear makeup !
your money. your makeup.
nobody's business.
I never wear make up, I guess that must mean that i'm a proper munter!
Reply 46
I think the trick is for girls to wear only a small amount of makeup usually, and then bang it out on special occasions. Then, when guys see them without any, it isn't so surprising. I barely wear much, and I therefore don't really mind people seeing me without any!
Reply 49
I don't wear make-up, with the exception of concealer for blemishes occasionally and lip balm. Oh and nail polish if you'd count that.

It's not that I particularly dislike it, I just can't be bothered with the time (I take long enough to get ready already!) or the money. Plus I figure anyone that matters is gonna see me without it eventually anyways. And I'm quite old now to start wearing it; I tried putting mascara on once with a friend and it looked like a spider had attacked my eyes!

I do sometimes wish I did when I see some really cool looking make up or think about how much better my skin could look, but then I remember the cba thing ><

xxx
Reply 50
Original post by MadCatChiken
Girls normally look better without makeup imo..

I agree
Reply 51
I don't tend to wear make up anyway and when I do it doesn't make a huge amount of difference because I don't put a lot on.

My skin's better for it so I couldn't really give a **** if someone thought I should wear make up to look more attractive or whatever
Reply 52
My boyfriend sees me without make-up in the mornings and when I'm going to bed. This is actually the case in most relationships and surprisingly, most guys do handle the unveiling of dire ugliness that undoubtedly occurs at such times. Sexy times seem to happen around then too tbh. It can't be all that bad.
Original post by MadCatChiken
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :wink: Yeah its very cliché but hey.. :P Though a bit of eye shadow stuff whatever it's called can make things better. :P

TRUE but u have to admit types like her they dont really need whatever u called "make up",i have also some gfs that are like that..{to not need make up i mean,but most of the girls are crap or at least down to average without make up...
I don't really understand when people say makeup affects their skin quality. I've had quite bad acne all through my teens, but I think it was at its worst between age 12 and 15. I never even wore any makeup then, and only started to when I was about 15. From the age of about 17 my skin started improving due to me looking after it better with a better cleansing and skincare routine and possibly hormones as well, but I've always carried on with all my makeup wearing and it hardly makes a difference. As long as you always remove your makeup before going to bed and regularly have some makeup-free days, don't don't see much problem with it.
Reply 55
i don't know why i'm getting multiple negs for my post, all i'm saying is that i've probably been fooling myself in thinking some girls are stunners when they probably aren't much better looking than any another girl when they don't have the make up on.

some people don't seem to have read my post through either, i mean I wasn't implying girls without makeup are butt ugly, i was just surprised at the difference makeup can make.

For example:

skip to the 53 second mark to see what she looks like right out of the shower (i know i sound dodgy but im not)

and you can tell she's an attractive person but she doesn't really look any better than the university geek who doesn't attract any male attention.

and then with makeup done well (unlike in the previous where she deliberately goes for a trashy look) in another video:

she suddenly stands out.

so maybe as some advice to guys who have been as dumb as me, you should pay more attention to girls who go low profile and wear very little makeup. And just to reiterate to any girls, wearing makeup does help attract male attention. (i've known many who complain about being ugly and not good enough to get a bf but come to think of it they could probably get quite far if they did put some effort in).
Reply 56
I've never worn full makeup... I have sensitive skin (and can't be bothered). The most I've worn is eye liner on a night out... Can't say I've had any problems with males, infact most comment I look better with no make up on. I just think it's like wearing a mask... I have nothing to hide, take me as I come or get lost ;D

I once heard of 'the shower test', where men see their girlfriend or potential girlfriend just after a shower, no makeup, wet hair etc. And if they still see them as gorgeous they know they've got a good 'un. - No idea if it's true, heard a bunch of guys talking about it in a pub. :')
Reply 57
Original post by Looose
I've never worn full makeup... I have sensitive skin (and can't be bothered). The most I've worn is eye liner on a night out... Can't say I've had any problems with males, infact most comment I look better with no make up on. I just think it's like wearing a mask... I have nothing to hide, take me as I come or get lost ;D

I once heard of 'the shower test', where men see their girlfriend or potential girlfriend just after a shower, no makeup, wet hair etc. And if they still see them as gorgeous they know they've got a good 'un. - No idea if it's true, heard a bunch of guys talking about it in a pub. :')

oi nice one i just used the shower thing in a vid, lol
Whenever I stay in the house with my boyfriend I don't bother with makeup. My skin is pretty good now I've stopped wearing foundation, but when I do wear makeup it's normally quite natural looking. Just a bit of eyeliner and mascara really. I put more effort into my hair and makeup on special occasions, but most of the time my boyfriend sees me naturally.
Reply 59
I wore makeup for a housemate's photography project once. I looked like a ****ing idiot.

Quick Reply

Latest