The Student Room Group

Why does my friend never tell me or want me to know her secrets, but tells my best fr

Basically me and my best friend met this girl ages ago (2 years ago) we both got pretty close to her after a while, out of the two of us, i was probably closer to her in our first year of friendship. But then this year i moved classes, so my friend saw her everyday, i saw her rarely because i was at a different site.

Now they got closer, which is normal, but what im wandering is why she doesn't tell me things anymore, like she tells my other friend all the nitty gritty details of all the stuff she does, and he tells me all the time. But when i like ask her for instance, how are things with your ex etc and somethings big has happened between them, she won't tell me, she'll just say nothing and it's kinda weird im thinking, is it one of those things where she doesn't want me to know all those kind of secrets or something? Confused...what do you think? Im not even one of those loud mouth blab it to the world kind of people either, even my friend who she tells all this stuff to is more of one, because he always tells me literally straight away. Im just wandering why, it just started to bug me a bit today, when i asked her about her ex and she was saying nothings happened..and i was playing along with it even though i knew she was lying then after a while, she said in this kind of semi-annoyed voice did my friend tell me anything, i played dumb and said no and covered it up pretty well. But im just wondering why she doesn't want me to know all her secrets and stuff? Should i just accept it and not care anymore? Were all 17 btw im a guy, my friends a guy and she's a girl.
Reply 1
i think if she wants to tell you things she would. Its really also annoying when someone keeps asking you about stuffs when you know they know the answer. She probably already knows that your friend would have told you things about her. I think you should tell her about this and say you would always be there for her. Let her trust you again cause it seems she doesn't anymore.
Perhaps she trusts your friend more or thinks he's better at giving advice?
Original post by kennyparis
i think if she wants to tell you things she would. Its really also annoying when someone keeps asking you about stuffs when you know they know the answer. She probably already knows that your friend would have told you things about her. I think you should tell her about this and say you would always be there for her. Let her trust you again cause it seems she doesn't anymore.

Probably the best advice i'll get today, i think the whole me moving classes and seeing her like once every 3 months plays a part too, my other friend is in 2 out of 3 of her classes and see's her every single day of the week at college so i guess it's to be expected i guess.
Reply 4
Original post by Alevelsareboring
Probably the best advice i'll get today, i think the whole me moving classes and seeing her like once every 3 months plays a part too, my other friend is in 2 out of 3 of her classes and see's her every single day of the week at college so i guess it's to be expected i guess.

Yes thats also true. But friendship is a two way thing. If she doesnt put in the effort then its her loss! Make friends with other people also.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending