The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im an international student....will this also be for me??
GCSE grades: A* A* A A A A A A A A
AS Grades: Bio: B Econ: C Spanish: A
Retaking econ and bio
Predictions: ABB
What are my chances of getting into Birmingham/Sheffield/Durham/Kent
Reply 22
Username

A levels: A A B D achieved 2010- been working at HSBC since

Gcse's: 7 A's, 3 B's
Applied : Birmingham, Nottingham, Loughborough, Southampton and Reading

Hoping to secure an Unconditional sent off my Ucas on the 18th of september

Does anybody Know how long would these Uni's would take to get back to me.

My ideal Uni's would be Birmingham or Nottingham ....Anybody else applied here??
:smile:
As Grades: Maths A, further Maths B, Applied Business AA
A-Level Predicted Grades: Maths A, Applied Business A*A and Further Maths As-level B
Applying to: University of Manchester, CASS Business School, University of Bristol, University of Reading (Finance and Investment Banking), University of Oxford (Economics and Management)
Reply 24
do you think oxford will reject you straight away if you personal statement was geared towards accounting and finance, and you had the grades., or would they understand that you are appylying for accounting and finance at other unis so ps has to match the majority.
Reply 25
Original post by Alpha5
do you think oxford will reject you straight away if you personal statement was geared towards accounting and finance, and you had the grades., or would they understand that you are appylying for accounting and finance at other unis so ps has to match the majority.

No I don't however I would say it is a much safer bet to have your PS geared towards the Oxbridge course rather than the other Unis as the other Unis will understand that not every applicant applies for the same course.

I person I know who is a 1st year reading Economics at Emmanuel applied for 4 Unis to do A+F and Econ at Cambridge, his PS was Econ based and got 5 offers!
Reply 26
Original post by xcherry_piex
GCSE grades: A* A* A A A A A A A A
AS Grades: Bio: B Econ: C Spanish: A
Retaking econ and bio
Predictions: ABB
What are my chances of getting into Birmingham/Sheffield/Durham/Kent

Good chance I'd say. GCSEs are promising and with resits etc there's no reason why your teachers can't predict ABB!
Reply 27
Choppyy
Respected Member
Thread Starter Join Date: Jan 2011

Re: Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry
Any more prospective A+F students? Has everybody started the drafts of their personal statements yet?

Hows yours coming along ...when are you planing on sending it
Reply 28
Original post by Competencies
Subscribing.

Are you a prospective A+F student too? :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Jeeves_90
Choppyy
Respected Member
Thread Starter Join Date: Jan 2011

Re: Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry
Any more prospective A+F students? Has everybody started the drafts of their personal statements yet?

Hows yours coming along ...when are you planing on sending it

Almost done, need to tweak a few things though. I'd say it'll be away by the end of October/early November. Hows yours coming along?
Username: brokenlogic18
GCSEs: AAAAAABBCCC
A-level grades (and subjects): Maths B, Physics B, Psychology C.
Universities likely to apply to: Keele, Kent, York, Oxford Brookes, Northumbria
Extras: Studied Astrophysics for a year at York but decided I didn't like it enough to do it for another two years :P Currently studying AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
Reply 31
I sent it off on the 18th...Got it checked over and over...I spoke to the admissions tutor at Nottingham they told me exactly what they want to see in thier personal statements....However Bham uni...they said that they only look at your statement if your grades are border line on thier requirements...kinda wack but ive got my grades already....so jsut hopin for an unconditional....Im on UCAS track everyday lol
Reply 32
No reason why you wouldn't get an unconditional as you've already met their offer! If your PS is fine, you have no issues!
Reply 33
So cus I have okay/good grades at gcse,as and predictions then Birmingham should give me an offer, right?
Reply 34
My personal statement sounds too formal, it's sounds as though I am really passionate and do a lot of academic stuff which relates, I have mentioned a lot of extra curricular aswell. So is this approach okay, as I need to balance a lse ps with a WBS one.
Reply 35
Original post by Alpha5
My personal statement sounds too formal, it's sounds as though I am really passionate and do a lot of academic stuff which relates, I have mentioned a lot of extra curricular aswell. So is this approach okay, as I need to balance a lse ps with a WBS one.

Yes, stay as formal as possible.
Reply 36
In what subjects?

Biology (A), Chemistry(A), Business (B) and geography (D)

What about you
Reply 37
What do you think should be the key differences between a personal statement for LSE and one for Warwick?

Lse are far more academic and don't care about EC, but Warwick want a more all rounded individual. So I guess a 65% academic and 35% ec's is enough to satisfy both to a good standard.
Is it better to apply to LSE and Warwick after Oxbridge closing period-so I'm not caught up in an avalanche of other applications- or should I apply as early as possible?
Reply 39
GCSEs: A*A*A*A*A*AAAAB
AS Grades: Economics A, Biology B, Chemistry B, Maths B
Predicted A2 grades (and subjects): Economics A, Biology A, Maths B
Universities likely to apply to: Southampton, Kent, Coventry, Oxford Brooks, Middlesex?
Extras: Resitting Maths modules (got 2 Cs)

what do you think are my chances of getting in to Southampton..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending