The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by nano123
What have you been predicted? I've been called in for an interview at l'boro but this is for a info management and business studies course. When was you ucas sent off?

I've been predicted A*ABa (though I was told if I worked hard enough it could be A*A*Ba, but im not that bothered about gettin A*'s cause uni's only ask for A's so why bother :wink: )

Original post by henry93
An interview? I thought that A&F courses did not require interviews. Am i missing something here?

It depends, Lancaster is linked with E&Y so it's E&Y that do the interviews and stuff. For Reading its pretty similar only they are linked with PwC. But in general ur right, most uni's dont interview for A&F
Reply 581
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 582
How long did it take for people to hear from Warwick after they sent their app off?
Reply 583
Original post by henry93
I think it depends on the strength of your application. I got an offer from Sheffield two weeks after applying.

What are your grades achieved and what are you predicted?

got bbb in my as and predicted aaa
Reply 584
Heart stopped after getting an email from UCAS, but no - they want me to complete a service questionnaire!
Reply 585
Original post by henry93
I have applied to Lancaster but NOT through the E&Y degree. Does that mean i will avoid the interview if they decide to give me an offer?

Yea I would assume there will be no interview if its not through E&Y. What made you decide not to apply to the E&Y degree if you dont mind me asking?

On another note has anyone done the online test for E&Y yet? i just did it tonight nd some of it was hard and then other bits where quite easy. I wonder if everyone does the exact same questions or if some are different
Reply 586
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 587
Hi im goin to the E&Y assessment day next thursday does anyone know if Ernst & Young pay for the hotel if your bringing a parent or do you still have to pay for the parent aswell?

They only let me know today that i have to travel to london from ireland for next thursday (on my birthday too :frown: ), in the mouth of christmas when flights aint cheap, my dad wants to go too even knowing flights are like £100 (thankfully i dont have to pay for mine)
Reply 588
Original post by ToH12
Hi im goin to the E&Y assessment day next thursday does anyone know if Ernst & Young pay for the hotel if your bringing a parent or do you still have to pay for the parent aswell?

They only let me know today that i have to travel to london from ireland for next thursday (on my birthday too :frown: ), in the mouth of christmas when flights aint cheap, my dad wants to go too even knowing flights are like £100 (thankfully i dont have to pay for mine)

If it's anything like the PwC schemes then E&Y will pay for you to travel only up to around £100, not your parents travel. It's a pretty good deal though, many have to interview across the country and pay for their own travel and accommodation!
Starting to feel slightly worried now... applied 2 weeks ago and havent heard back from ANY of my univeristies... :frown:
Reply 590
Original post by Choppyy
If it's anything like the PwC schemes then E&Y will pay for you to travel only up to around £100, not your parents travel. It's a pretty good deal though, many have to interview across the country and pay for their own travel and accommodation!

I know its better than most, i also applied for the PwC degree with Reading which is £100. They pay for my travel up to £150 and also pay for a nights accommodation at this 4* place which looks amazing :smile: (http://www.londonbridgehotel.com/) I was just wondering cause the FAQ sheet they emailed says parents can stay also if arranged but then it gets confusing :s-smilie:
Reply 591
Original post by Choppyy
For all of you interested in A+F courses for 2012 entry please leave your details in the following format:

Username
GCSEs:
Predicted AS grades (and subjects):
Subjects for A2:
Universities likely to apply to:
Extras:

Best of luck to everybody applying this year!

GCSEs: A*A*AAAAABCC also A in ARC
Subjects for AS: Accounting (B), Economics (B), Maths(A), Further Maths (2012), Extended Project (2012), Physics (C)
Predicted A2 grades (and subjects): ABB Maths Accounting Economics
Universities likely to apply to: Durham, Kent, Essex, Keele, Stirling
Extras: Re-taking Accounting and Economics AS
No offers at the moment

Do i have any chance of getting into university?

Good luck to everyone

Peace
King.
Reply 592
Original post by xcherry_piex
Starting to feel slightly worried now... applied 2 weeks ago and havent heard back from ANY of my univeristies... :frown:

It took about 3 weeks for unis to start getting back to me :smile: now i've got an offer and 2 assessment days and one uni doesnt get back until january 15th :frown: It's been just over a month now since mine was initially sent off. So far Durham is the only uni that hasnt gotten back to me at all apart from the receipt of application email
Original post by ToH12

I went to the one last week. It was very good, but unfortunately I didn't get an offer from them. Anyway, I think you have to contact the EY rep who invited you, and ask for a twin room. I went by myself, and got a twin room anyway, but it's better specifying that you need a twin room if you're going with a parent. As far as I know they will cover the room for both of you. Obviously travel will only be covered for yourself (up to a max of £150) but I don't see why you wouldn't be covered for having the twin room with your Dad. The hotel is fantastic by the way. Look forward to it, and enjoy it. If you want to know anything else I will try to help, but obviously I'm not going to give away too much about the assessment centre.
Reply 594
Original post by GrandHustle
I went to the one last week. It was very good, but unfortunately I didn't get an offer from them. Anyway, I think you have to contact the EY rep who invited you, and ask for a twin room. I went by myself, and got a twin room anyway, but it's better specifying that you need a twin room if you're going with a parent. As far as I know they will cover the room for both of you. Obviously travel will only be covered for yourself (up to a max of £150) but I don't see why you wouldn't be covered for having the twin room with your Dad. The hotel is fantastic by the way. Look forward to it, and enjoy it. If you want to know anything else I will try to help, but obviously I'm not going to give away too much about the assessment centre.

So was there many people taking part in last week's? How was the interview was it very formal? and generally what kind of things where they asking? like did they only ask about you or was there any questions about why ernst and young or why lancaster? What sort of things were you doing during the day? was it more teamwork or individual? and were you being watched and assessed all day or do they leave you on your own or in a team to work on stuff?

I know you might not want to answer everything if something is to specific but any help would be appreciated. :please: PM me if you dont want to answer the questions here in the forum. i got told today about it being next week and havent stopped worrying about it all day :frown:
Reply 595
Can't believe it. Newcastle sent me an e-mail saying they're offering me a place for N400 and the next day they said that it was an ERROR in their application.
Original post by ToH12
It took about 3 weeks for unis to start getting back to me :smile: now i've got an offer and 2 assessment days and one uni doesnt get back until january 15th :frown: It's been just over a month now since mine was initially sent off. So far Durham is the only uni that hasnt gotten back to me at all apart from the receipt of application email

Nice :smile: where are your assessment days?
Reply 597
Original post by xcherry_piex
Nice :smile: where are your assessment days?

I have assessment days for Lancaster for their Accounting, Auditing and Finance degree with E&Y and Reading for their Accounting and Business degree with PwC. Lancaster is my first choice so i hope it goes really well :biggrin:

Where did you apply for?
Original post by ToH12
I have assessment days for Lancaster for their Accounting, Auditing and Finance degree with E&Y and Reading for their Accounting and Business degree with PwC. Lancaster is my first choice so i hope it goes really well :biggrin:

Where did you apply for?

I have applied to Southampton, Durham, Sheffield and Kent. Good luck for the assessments!!
Reply 599
Offer from Warwick!!!!!!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending