The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by henry93
What subjects do you take if you dont mind me asking. Thanks.

maths physics and biology, you?
Reply 1181
I can't decide whether to firm University of Birmingham or Aston, any advice on helping me decide? :confused:
Reply 1182
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1183
Original post by Confused101
What the hell are Warwick and LSE doing....

Have you hears from them yet.? Waiting for the same. When did you apply?
Original post by Asian7
Have you hears from them yet.? Waiting for the same. When did you apply?

Offer from warwick last month, still waiting for LSE. I applied early December I think.
Reply 1185
Guys if you had an offer from LSE and Warwick, which would you chose? And why.
Reply 1186
Original post by Alpha5
Guys if you had an offer from LSE and Warwick, which would you chose? And why.

I thought you have decided on LSE ? When must you make your decision by?
LSE - great reputation, everyone knows LSE.

For Warwick- not many people (generally around the globe) know of Warwick although it has been increasing in terms of profile.
- great course structure. In fact a Bachelor's degree at Warwick gives you Level 1 CFA; which is a course all financiers should take during the course of their work.

Another point, is how much you like or dislike to live in London
A friend of mine chose Warwick last year because its course structure is much better than LSE.
Most people will choose LSE I presume because of its reputation.
In Asia, it's like 'WoW' to get into LSE.

BTW- do you know if there are many rejects for Warwick A/F? I have been waiting since early Dec and getting a bit worried as didn't think that Warwick is one that will take that long.
Reply 1187
Original post by batman530
Yea I know that I have no chance at LSE. I just want to get into either warwick or Bristol. But this year its really competitve and no one knows whether wariwck will be on the ucas extra or not. God bless me!

Did you manage to get offer from bath? Both warwick and lse are on extra this year. But i think its really risky to reject your offers and apply through extra again for the same universities that reject you . Try asking for feedback first on the rejections and see if there is something that could be rectified?

I find it really strang. Bath, Bristol and Exter do not have Extra this year. There is no vacancy for them. But warwic and LSE has. My only guess is that theae two unis are fussy in choosing their candidates while the rest may just offer candidates if they meet the requirements.
Original post by Asian7
Did you manage to get offer from bath? Both warwick and lse are on extra this year. But i think its really risky to reject your offers and apply through extra again for the same universities that reject you . Try asking for feedback first on the rejections and see if there is something that could be rectified?

I find it really strang. Bath, Bristol and Exter do not have Extra this year. There is no vacancy for them. But warwic and LSE has. My only guess is that theae two unis are fussy in choosing their candidates while the rest may just offer candidates if they meet the requirements.

I just checked and Warwick is indeed in Extra, as it was last year. However LSE is not since the course doesn't have an X next to it.
Reply 1189
Original post by Confused101
I just checked and Warwick is indeed in Extra, as it was last year. However LSE is not since the course doesn't have an X next to it.

I just had a look. LSE is not available now. It was when UCAS opened for Extras recently. I saw athread that mentioned it and had a look. Double checked as i didnt believe it. But it was there. Made me very curious as the number of applicants is already v high there. Only reason i can think of is that they are only looking for applicants that they want regardless of grades as long as basic grade requiements are met and willing to reject candidates even with high predicted grades if they are not what LSE wants. Defintely closed off v quickly

Wonder if having warwick in extra is good for me esp if i hadnt receive an offer from them.does that mean more competition?
Guys please advise me!
I have the following offers:

MSc Accounting Finance & Management - University of Bristol
MSc Accounting & Finance- University of Durham.

I am damn confused about which one to choose, both are well reputed and highly ranked. Please advise about which Uni has greater global career prospects? Which programme should i opt for?
Original post by smilinggtearss
Guys please advise me!

I am damn confused about which one to choose, both are well reputed and highly ranked. Please advise about which Uni has greater global career prospects? Which programme should i opt for?

They are both very good Well done. I think you could make a choice now based on external factors such as accommodation night life etc... What are you offers for both if you don't mind me asking...?
Reply 1192
Bath vs Warwick in accounting and finance
what to choose???
Reply 1193
Original post by smilinggtearss
Guys please advise me!

Bristol, Durham is **** for business courses.
Arghh! Durham still havnt gotten back to me yet. Should I be concerned?
Reply 1195
Original post by Alpha5
Did Bath offer you AAA or AAB?

AAA, sorry I took an age to reply I hardly ever come on here :L
Reply 1196
Original post by zihni12
AAA, sorry I took an age to reply I hardly ever come on here :L

No worries.
LSE decisions tomorrow, im calling it.
Got an offer from LSE today! I find it weird they waited til a day after results day...im predicted AAA, but i got aabc for AS so im pretty surprised!!
Original post by samina817
Got an offer from LSE today! I find it weird they waited til a day after results day...im predicted AAA, but i got aabc for AS so im pretty surprised!!

congratulations! did you do any sort of work experience...?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending