The Student Room Group

Student finance problem

I am starting my PGCE in Sept. I sent my student finance ages ago (around March). It should be means-tested and I should get a grant and a bursary.
However, they needed a piece of evidence from my mum which had to come from her solicitor. The solicitor took aaaaaages (2 months). I finally got it yesterday and posted it. Today I got my student finance declaration form and it only has the loan info on it, and nothing about the grant or the bursary.
Original post by SHABANA
I am starting my PGCE in Sept. I sent my student finance ages ago (around March). It should be means-tested and I should get a grant and a bursary.
However, they needed a piece of evidence from my mum which had to come from her solicitor. The solicitor took aaaaaages (2 months). I finally got it yesterday and posted it. Today I got my student finance declaration form and it only has the loan info on it, and nothing about the grant or the bursary.

Mine also only has loan data on it. If you are very worried, then get in touch with student finance, but it will have been means tested.
Reply 2
If you only sent the evidence to them yesterday, what they will have done it assess you for a non-income assessed loan so you at least get something at the start of term. Then when they get around to processing the evidence you have sent in they will update it with the income assessed amount.
Reply 3
Thanks for your replies. I didn't realise their phone-line was open on a Saturday. Rang them and they said its fine, that I should still send the declaration and I'll get a separate letter with the grant info once they've processed the evidence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending