The Student Room Group

Nottingham Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
How many interviews do Notts give out? and when do they give them till?
Reply 301
Original post by Fission_Mailed
You all register, then you have a quick talk from one of the admissions people before a tour of the medical school from some current students. The interviews are in the afternoon, the first is ~1:30, AFAIK, and the last is some time around 4.

Hey, Do you by any chance know the number of applicants to the new foundation course? Thanks. :smile:
Original post by Domo-Kun

Original post by Domo-Kun
How many interviews do Notts give out? and when do they give them till?

800 interviews given out until toward the end of March.
Reply 303
Original post by CraigKirk
800 interviews given out until toward the end of March.

Thank you :smile:
I've got an interview on the 8th! Am nervous but quite excited as well. Any reccomendation on what to wear for girls? Was gonna go for a pencil skirt, blouse and blazer. Don't know about the shoes though... whether I should go for flat or tiny heel.
Just got my questionaire email. Guess what I will be filling in tomorrow when I finish work!
I just got it too...and then a second email recalling it?! What the hell is going on!?

I was under the impression I had been offered an interview...and now I've got to jump through another hoop before they'll consider me? This just isn't fair :frown:
Yup, I got a recall too, then a third email! The continued 'issues' with Notts admin isn't filling me with confidence..............
Original post by select the right name
Yup, I got a recall too, then a third email! The continued 'issues' with Notts admin isn't filling me with confidence..............

Have you filled in the questionnaire before? What did your email say?
It's a questionnaire email for the GEM course where you have to fill in a record of all work experience. I'm under the impression they're using it as another parameter to decide who to interview. The first email was talking about the question, the second email was recalling the first email, and the third email was apologising for the second email recalling the first email! Someone in the admin office needs a serious talking to...
Reply 310
Original post by JessicaStacks
I've got an interview on the 8th! Am nervous but quite excited as well. Any reccomendation on what to wear for girls? Was gonna go for a pencil skirt, blouse and blazer. Don't know about the shoes though... whether I should go for flat or tiny heel.

Woop woop! Congrats! That's in like 3 days! Do you live near the uni?
Original post by Medican
Woop woop! Congrats! That's in like 3 days! Do you live near the uni?

Haha no I live in France! They only gave me a weeks notice which was pretty harsh considering I had to book flights, but I leave on Wednesday. Scary scary.
Original post by JessicaStacks
Haha no I live in France! They only gave me a weeks notice which was pretty harsh considering I had to book flights, but I leave on Wednesday. Scary scary.

Do you mind me asking how you found out? - email, portal, letter? Because for one of mine I wasn't given any notification and I just happened to decide to check the portal and found out if I was 3 days later I would've passed the deadline of responding!
Reply 313
Sorry, was going to delete but i don't know how to exactly so i'm typing this message as an edit
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wavezone113
Do you mind me asking how you found out? - email, portal, letter? Because for one of mine I wasn't given any notification and I just happened to decide to check the portal and found out if I was 3 days later I would've passed the deadline of responding!

By email, and there was also an invitation on Track. They told me they'd sent me a letter in the post (which I haven't received yet) but they thought it would be wise to email me as well (thankfully...) :smile:
So, question to all of your guys out there- Why did you pick Medicine at Nottingham? Did you do something like MEDSIM/MEDLINK or do you just like the location, or the course?
Reply 316
Woop. Just found out I've got an interview. It's next week though :angry:
Reply 317
Original post by righthanded5
stats please? :smile: + are u home or international?

I'm home. I'm also a graduate applying for the 5 year course.

GCSEs: AAABBBBBBB (i.e. not good)
A levels: AAAa
UKCAT: 540, 640, 700, 760 (660 average)
Predicted a 1st for my degree.
Reply 318
At this stage in the game...is it fair for me to count no news as bad news?

i havent heard anything yet im getting a tad worried
Hi there!
All of you that've had interviews - Well done! what were the interviewers like? Friendly?
Those of you that haven't had interviews yet - don't panic - theres plenty of time to go! Fingers crossed! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending