The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TillyOB
Thank you! And there was me worried about getting 4 rejections...

Congratulations with yours too! Going to firm it?

No idea yet, gonna wait till I hear from Glasgow and then make a decision then.
At the moment i'm still in the I'm going to medical school sort of hype.
So i'll think about decisions and that when I know 100% when my app's finished.
:afraid:
What time did your email arrive, to everyone with offers
Does anyone know whether they still make decisions on weekends?
Congratulations to those who obtained offers and commiserations to those with rejections.

It's not the end of the world folks. Keep your chin up and remember; success is when you fall and pick yourself up.
Original post by TillyOB
Offer :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Got the email about two hours ago

Thats awesome Congratulations!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Notethis
What time did your email arrive, to everyone with offers

4.49pm :smile:
Reply 5007
Thats weird, just received another email saying i have an offer from barts yet i got one days ago, this time from a different email address (qm) not smd.

Anybody else get this aswell?
One of my friends had an interview on the 1st as well and they have got an offer too. This suggests that they are may be replying to the early interviews first... So for those of us that had it in February, I guess we may have to wait a little bit longer... :frown:
Original post by Netferatu
One of my friends had an interview on the 1st as well and they have got an offer too. This suggests that they are may be replying to the early interviews first... So for those of us that had it in February, I guess we may have to wait a little bit longer... :frown:

My interview was late and I heard yesterday.
One of the first re-app's
It seems to be Grads, re-app's and then DSL's
Original post by Tripo
Thats weird, just received another email saying i have an offer from barts yet i got one days ago, this time from a different email address (qm) not smd.

Anybody else get this aswell?

Yeah. Got a congrats one and a Come to barts for an open day one.
Original post by joemullally
My interview was late and I heard yesterday.
One of the first re-app's
It seems to be Grads, re-app's and then DSL's

Im talking about school leavers...
Original post by Netferatu
Im talking about school leavers...

Why would they change the pattern just for school leavers?
My point still stands that I had a late(er) interview and heard on the first day. (of re-app's)
I think they do it on some other point.
Maybe it's alphabetical
Maybe it's interview score?
Maybe they just threw up all the people they were gonna give decisions to and replied to whoever's app landed on the table first.
We just can't tell.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5013
Yeah. Got a congrats one and a Come to barts for an open day one.

no if you work out like that, i got 3 emails in total, 2 telling me i got an offer and one about the open day, very strange, still its not bad when another person is congratulating me again,lol. Did you fill in the open day and did they send you a reply back? maybe see you there in the open day mate.
Btw your not seriously going to put glasgow above barts are you?lol, its even worse than whitechapel!
Well done to everyone who have an offer. It must be a fantastic feeling! Just hope the rest of us hear soon!
Original post by Tripo
no if you work out like that, i got 3 emails in total, 2 telling me i got an offer and one about the open day, very strange, still its not bad when another person is congratulating me again,lol. Did you fill in the open day and did they send you a reply back? maybe see you there in the open day mate.
Btw your not seriously going to put glasgow above barts are you?lol, its even worse than whitechapel!

I have no idea which one i'd chose dude.
And Glasgow is also lovely.
The cost thing is a big factor tbh.
I need to sort out the anual leave (there's a few problems) so might not actually be going.
My boss reckons we might be to understaffed to be sustainable that day (due to paternity leave and other just normal leave)
Since i'd be covering people as it is I may not be able to go.
Reply 5016
So sorry to hear man, You seem like a nice guy, seriously don't let it get you down.
Just keep going man.

Original post by Tripo
no way!!!!!!!! i feel for you mate, got to pick yourself up, NOT the end of the world.

Original post by andrewpeters
I'm sorry to hear that :frown: are you a sixth form student and when did you have your interview?

Yes. December 1st

Original post by TheBigDog
How did you think the interview went?

Terrible
Original post by Notethis
What time did you get the email?

Same time that people got the offers.

Original post by MuffinMonster
Nooooo :frown: you got any other offers?

Nope, gap year for me :frown:
Original post by Revent

Yes. December 1st

Terrible

Same time that people got the offers.

Nope, gap year for me :frown:

Seriously, I'm so glad i've done this whole gap year thing.
It seemed like a real chore and a bad idea at the time but it's turned out class.
guys, i was just wondering whether barts give out offers on saturday. also, has anyone who was interviewed on the 8th december heard back?
Reply 5019
Seriously, I'm so glad i've done this whole gap year thing.
It seemed like a real chore and a bad idea at the time but it's turned out class.

What kind of stuff did you do during the year? How did you manage to fit in doing activities and what not whilst also preparing your application? How did you do your PS because you probably wouldn't have done anything for your gap year already I'd assume? Sorry I'm just a bit upset so my minds overflowing with thoughts :o:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending