The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Will my place go away?

Ok so this year I sat for my AP tests instead of my A-Levels because in my school I would have to stay an extra year and I really don't want to. Anyways I received offers from both Bristol and Leeds, placing Bristol as my firm and Leeds as insurance. After I received my AP scores I knew that I didn't satisfy the conditions for bristol, but I did for leeds. I sent them to both unis anyway thinking I have a chance of getting into bristol. I was rejected from bristol a few days ago, meaning that they have received my scores but when I called leeds to ask why its taking so long to make their decision they told me that they didn't receive my scores yet, and I'm afraid that maybe my place in leeds might go since I put them as insurance in the beginning and they still didn't make my offer unconditional.

Should I be scared or am I being paranoid?
Original post by BarcaFan333
Ok so this year I sat for my AP tests instead of my A-Levels because in my school I would have to stay an extra year and I really don't want to. Anyways I received offers from both Bristol and Leeds, placing Bristol as my firm and Leeds as insurance. After I received my AP scores I knew that I didn't satisfy the conditions for bristol, but I did for leeds. I sent them to both unis anyway thinking I have a chance of getting into bristol. I was rejected from bristol a few days ago, meaning that they have received my scores but when I called leeds to ask why its taking so long to make their decision they told me that they didn't receive my scores yet, and I'm afraid that maybe my place in leeds might go since I put them as insurance in the beginning and they still didn't make my offer unconditional.

Should I be scared or am I being paranoid?

I think you're being paranoid :tongue:. That said, a bit of paranoia is often no bad a thing as it means you can deal with any problems at an early stage.
If you put Leeds as your insurance and you met the conditions but you didn't meet the conditions and have been rejected from your firm, then you are coming to Leeds. I can't see any way that your "place could go"
But it's a bit odd that they haven't yet received your results when Bristol had them a few days ago. If it were me, I would phone again explaining that you're a bit worried that they haven't yet got your results and asking if there is anything you need to do. Don't be afraid of sharing your paranoia with them (they'll be used to it!) because then they can try to put your mind at rest.
Try and phone today because they'll be unbelievably busy from Monday.
And please note that I'm speaking as a private individual here not as a university rep; the above is just my opinion.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I already spoke to them by phone and they told me that the address I sent the scores to wasn't specific enough and that leeds is a very big university and it would've gotten lost or something. I sent them an email later on telling them that its not in my hands because that's the address they gave me on their website. I asked them to check their mailbox and I hope it goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest