The Student Room Group

Intervieq Is The Most Important Thing To Get To Oxford

hi,people. I know that during entry to oxbridge the most important thing is interview,not ur gcse and a levels grades. so i am asking those who r studying medicine in oxbridge. wat questions do they usually ask during interview???????
This site might help:
http://www.oxbridge-admissions.org.uk
Click profiles and search for people who have done medicine.
Reply 2
IZZY!
hi,people. I know that during entry to oxbridge the most important thing is interview,not ur gcse and a levels grades. so i am asking those who r studying medicine in oxbridge. wat questions do they usually ask during interview???????

It completely depends on which college and who interviews you. I hardly think you need to worry about that yet though, as you're only in year 10.
Reply 3
I wouldn't say that the interview is the most important thing! You have to get to the interview first!!

If you have crap GCSE grades, then you won't even be invited to the college in the first place... your personal statement, recommendation, and predicted grades are also very important! And like Helenia pointed out, you're a bit too young to be worrying about any of this stuff... I literally did all my research, revision, etc. a week before my interviews/test and I've been offered a place (and I even wouldn't say any of it helped) - they don't want geeky people who have been researching every last detail for the past 2 and a half years! Relax, and just wait for a while...

*Tara*
If you are good at a sport that is a major advantage whatever subject you take.
Reply 5
Joey_Johns

A major advantage? I hardly think so, even less at good Unis such as Oxbridge.
Reply 6
Joey_Johns

That only really applies to rowing and rugby.
amexblack
A major advantage? I hardly think so, even less at good Unis such as Oxbridge.

Read Kildares post below. Why do you think the Cambridge rugby coach was at my interview and my interview consisted about half on my experiences playing rugby and not on my subject. Not all sports are an advantage but very popular varsity ones are, I can assure you.
Reply 8
Joey_Johns
Read Kildares post below. Why do you think the Cambridge rugby coach was at my interview and my interview consisted about half on my experiences playing rugby and not on my subject. Not all sports are an advantage but very popular varsity ones are, I can assure you.

Aye, my tennis on the other hand, was never even brought up :biggrin:
Reply 9
Joey_Johns

Depends what sport (as someone said, especially rowing and rugby) and which college. Clare wouldn't give a shit, most likely, but if you can sing, then they might take more of an interest...

Latest

Trending

Trending