The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Magdalene College (Cambridge) Students and 2016 entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah, I'm figuring on smart trousers/top. Not quite a suit but...

Seemingly I am one of the very early ones for an interview!! Just makes the time I have to wait to hear all the longer I suppose! :wink:

Trish x
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 41
Yep, this is quite early, I'm wondering why but probably there's no reason for it. As for most things connected to Cambridge application process...anyway good luck!
Reply 42
Thought I'd bump this up a little to ask how everyone's getting on with interviews etc.
Having been rejected by Durham Cambridge's decision now seems to be of a little more importance to me... it seems like an age since my interview and so long till we hear. Blur... I was fairly naff at interview anyway.
Good luck to the rest of you Magdalene hopefuls... I hope it isn't raining as heavily as it was when I went for my interview for yours... I spent my time poking round a deserted college (not many interviews that day) with a soaking wet paper map looking for staircases:wink: .

Trish x
Reply 43
Mine on Thursday..! Anyone else here for Architecture? Quite excited actually!
:smile:
Reply 44
Mines are on Wednesday and Thursday *gloop*.I'm getting worried...
Reply 45
Good luck to both of you :wink: .

Trish x
Reply 46
How do you pronounce Magdalene cambridge?

Moordlin? or is that the oxford Magdalen
Reply 47
moordlin
Reply 48
Hi everyone I had my interviews for law last week on tuesday at magdalene.I loved the college and the under-grads were really friendly - 2 even took me to the pub:smile: Is anybody else here applying for law?
I had my Economics one on Tuesday as well. I agree with you that the undergraduates are really nice and friendly, cuz they just chattered and watched 2 hours of Simpsons followed by Shawn of the Dead with us in the JCR the night before our interview!

I think I kinda messed up my interview tho... which can be quite a problem since after going to Magdalene for the interview, it just made me want to go there even more! :smile:
Reply 50
Yeah me too - I don't know what all the other colleges were like but i'm pretty sure Magdalene is one of the nicest. When I came out of the interviews I thought they had gone ok but now when I think back i'm not so sure...i'm trying to convince myself that I havn't got in so i'm not disappointed!
Reply 51
Apologies to anyone whose chances I ruined by taking a large group of applicants to the pub. Us dissertation-writers take whatever entertainment we can...
Reply 52
Haha, that's awesome.
When I was there, it was November - I might have been the only interviewee in Cambridge that day for all I knew!! (except the bloke wondering through the market with a copy of Waugh's Geography text book under his arm)...
It was raining too, so my feet/trousers/self got soaked and there wasn't a student in sight round the college unless dashing from place to place under an umbrella... Sensible, very sensible. No pub going for me tho! :frown:
Reply 53
Well...a November interview is quite 'early' I guess...but never mind,if you get in I'm sure you'll love the college!
Is it true that the fellows go "through" the walls on formal halls?A friend of mine who's already studying in Cambridge told me this and I just can't really believe it :smile:
Reply 54
shingalingding
I had my Economics one on Tuesday as well. I agree with you that the undergraduates are really nice and friendly, cuz they just chattered and watched 2 hours of Simpsons followed by Shawn of the Dead with us in the JCR the night before our interview!

I think I kinda messed up my interview tho... which can be quite a problem since after going to Magdalene for the interview, it just made me want to go there even more! :smile:

same...since going there and having such a lovely time, my attempts to convince myself that its really not that important if i dont get in have stopped working. i want to go there so much that i am now regretting having applied deferred entry!! ITS AWFUL!
Reply 55
#shh#

gonna be ok!

geography, wherever it will be!
Reply 56
Reading Room
Hey - nice to see another Magdalene hopeful!

Actually, you would be surprised about how many Mag applicants I've seen on this forum in the past few weeks (OK, not loads, but certainly more than last year).

I'm applying for English. Fingers crossed!

LOL, I applied to Magdalene last year, practically had to forcibly root out other applicants. To let you know, I got rejected from there, so I know what it's like, and if anybody wants to talk about it/get it off their chest if it happens, just PM me. I know it might not feel like at the time you get the letter, but it's not the end of the world. However, you have a sympathetic ear, and I might be able to give you some tips on bravado, haha. No, two of my teachers didn't want me to apply, so I spent a day or two after the letter rehearsin my 'I don't give a damn' speech.
Good luck to everyone, though. Oh, and was anyone interviewed by Dr Lees-Jeffries? She's great!
Reply 57
I take it no offers/rejections yet then? Thank goodness I was away on holiday at this time last year. The wait wasn't as bad.

There definately are a lot more applicants on TSR this year than there were last. I think I ended up finding one person. It was a bit scary though, he applied to the EXACT unis I had and all for the same courses. :eek:
Reply 58
i got an offer for oriental studies from 2007(arabic with spanish)
I'm so happy :smile:
Reply 59
Magdalene are apparently 'still considering' my application; read, I've been pooled, for Geography.

Just a lonely fish in a big bad puddle :rolleyes: . Prolonging the inevitable big fat rejection.

Trish x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending