The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Magdalene College (Cambridge) Students and 2016 entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecsstudent
This is probably a really stupid question but to anyone who was given accommodation: On the form to reply we have to state which meals we will be having and they refer to day 1 and day 2. So lets say if we are given accommodation for the two days day 1 is the first night of our accommodation and day 2 the second one right? Or does day 1 start the morning after we arrive? Do I make any sense?

Day 1 is the day that we arrive, I'm pretty sure :smile: I saw that your interview's on the 10th, congratulations! Mine is on the 10th too, I've only got accommodation on the evening of the 9th, though (since our test is at 8:30am!?? :eek:)
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by desmoulins
Day 1 is the day that we arrive, I'm pretty sure :smile: I saw that your interview's on the 10th, congratulations! Mine is on the 10th too, I've only got accommodation on the evening of the 9th, though (since our test is at 8:30am!?? :eek:)

Thanks! Congratulations as well! So we'll be there on the same day! The compsci test is also at 8:30 that day :s-smilie:
Original post by 1004wsh
I guess day 1 refers to 12/9 and 2 to 12/10. But they said that meals are free of charge anyway on the pdf about interviewed candidates, if you say that you are an admission candidate to the cafeteria.

By the way, my replies I make in any thread are always moderated, which takes quite a lot of time. Is there any way to skip this procedure??

oh thanks! I was just asking because they asked to clarify which meals I need on the form.

I don't know about moderation... Do you get any message on why this is happening?
Anyone else got a Phys NatSci interview? :smile: (9th for me!)
I'm there on the 6th and 7th! Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else on the 14th or 15th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got compsci interview with acommodation on the 10th. They also gave me accommodation for 2 nights since my interviews are kind of late which is awesome!

Congrats! I got a Compsci interview too!! just for the 10th though. What kinda stuff are you going to be reading/doing for it?
Original post by astriddd
I'm there on the 6th and 7th! Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be arriving on the afternoon of the 7th :smile:
oh thanks! I was just asking because they asked to clarify which meals I need on the form.

I don't know about moderation... Do you get any message on why this is happening?

I tried to search the reason and it seems to be something to do with auto-filtering, but I don't see what part of my replies are filtered lol.

Looking forward to the interview! How are you planning to prepare?
just got compsci interview with acommodation on the 10th. They also gave me accommodation for 2 nights since my interviews are kind of late which is awesome!

congrats!
Reply 1190
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could answer my question; it's rather silly but here it goes. Yesterday I think one person on this thread got an invite to interview for the same course I applied to (at Magdalene). I haven't received an invite nor a rejection (yet). Does that make it more likely that I've been rejected if Magdalene already sent invites for the course to other applicants and I haven't received anything? (Just wondering if I can mentally prepare myself for rejection yet or not lol). Thank you
Original post by Blowerishomo
Congrats! I got a Compsci interview too!! just for the 10th though. What kinda stuff are you going to be reading/doing for it?

Congrats to you too! I will just go through everything I wrote in my ps to make sure I remember it, go through the maths we have covered in school and then solve some programming/maths problems. How about you?
Original post by liv21
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could answer my question; it's rather silly but here it goes. Yesterday I think one person on this thread got an invite to interview for the same course I applied to (at Magdalene). I haven't received an invite nor a rejection (yet). Does that make it more likely that I've been rejected if Magdalene already sent invites for the course to other applicants and I haven't received anything? (Just wondering if I can mentally prepare myself for rejection yet or not lol). Thank you

I don't think they send all invites of a subject at once and if they did I think they would send the rejections as well. So for as long as you don't get a rejection it is very possible you have an interview.
Original post by ixorarose
congrats!

thanks!
Original post by 1004wsh
I tried to search the reason and it seems to be something to do with auto-filtering, but I don't see what part of my replies are filtered lol.

Looking forward to the interview! How are you planning to prepare?

Looking forward to it too! I'm revising what we did in Maths last year and going through my personal statement. And then I might also solve some problems to prepare for the test as well. You?
Looking forward to it too! I'm revising what we did in Maths last year and going through my personal statement. And then I might also solve some problems to prepare for the test as well. You?

Same here! I looked at several STEP questions, which I find many of them difficult.. I might look at my PS again as well!
Original post by 1004wsh
Same here! I looked at several STEP questions, which I find many of them difficult.. I might look at my PS again as well!

I'll probably look at STEP questions too for maths problems
Original post by astriddd
I jus got an interview for HSPS!

Well done! :woo:

I'm still waiting.... :cry2: beginning to **** myself.
Original post by ILovePancakes
Well done! :woo:

I'm still waiting.... :cry2: beginning to **** myself.

Thank you! I'm sure you'll get it soon. You did everything right last year - i can't imagine this year being any different!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll probably look at STEP questions too for maths problems

Cool! What would you look at for Compsci problems??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending