Cambridge

Magdalene College (Cambridge) Students and 2016 entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Any law interview holders here?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by 1004wsh
Cool! What would you look at for Compsci problems??

I usually solve programming problems online but I don't know if that will help for interview so I might just look at the Computer Science applicant questions from Oxford MAT. You?
Original post by thecsstudent
I usually solve programming problems online but I don't know if that will help for interview so I might just look at the Computer Science applicant questions from Oxford MAT. You?

I in fact do not know much about programming haha that was why I was asking. I only learned python myself and made several apps and had some fun with raspberry pi with GPIO and that is about it. I think I should look at oxford question too! Good Idea.

And these days I am putting more time into planning to travel london.. I cannot waste the plane ticket fee!
Did anyone else get an interview for Bio NatSci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 1004wsh
I in fact do not know much about programming haha that was why I was asking. I only learned python myself and made several apps and had some fun with raspberry pi with GPIO and that is about it. I think I should look at oxford question too! Good Idea.

And these days I am putting more time into planning to travel london.. I cannot waste the plane ticket fee!

That is actually a lot of experience for them since they only require you to be good at maths and they do not require previous computing knowledge. Oh so you will be spending time in london too? That is a good idea! I was going to do the same but then I got an interview for Imperial this week so I will go to london this week anyway :smile: (but the plane ticket fees are a lot)
Original post by thecsstudent
That is actually a lot of experience for them since they only require you to be good at maths and they do not require previous computing knowledge. Oh so you will be spending time in london too? That is a good idea! I was going to do the same but then I got an interview for Imperial this week so I will go to london this week anyway :smile: (but the plane ticket fees are a lot)

I got an interview from Imperial but I just decided to do it via Skype haha. It's a shame that you cannot enjoy your last potential travel before IB and the graduation! I think I might be going France too, so I am looking forward to it so much!!
Original post by dianavix
When do you have it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already had it:smile:
Oh great. How did you do? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have any idea about how to prepare for the 1 hour Natsci Biological test? Especially the 'short' essay?! (Essays aren't my forte)
Are there any HSPS interviewees here?

EDIT: Will anyone be there on the 6th/7th?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AMeryl
Does anyone have any idea about how to prepare for the 1 hour Natsci Biological test? Especially the 'short' essay?! (Essays aren't my forte)

I won't exactly prepare for writing the essay. But designing a scheme on how you will approach the answer to the question generally helps with the eloquence. And for the maths section, I will only practise some questions of probabilities because what we do in school is way more complex than the maths in the exam so I am prettt confident. Hope this helps a bit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I won't exactly prepare for writing the essay. But designing a scheme on how you will approach the answer to the question generally helps with the eloquence. And for the maths section, I will only practise some questions of probabilities because what we do in school is way more complex than the maths in the exam so I am prettt confident. Hope this helps a bit :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thankyou!! So is the maths more stats based? Are there any sample questions available or is it all a bit hush hush?
Anyone else on the 14th or 15th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is on the 14th :smile:
Original post by astriddd
Are there any HSPS interviewees here?

EDIT: Will anyone be there on the 6th/7th?

ill be there on the 7th. economics interview, any more economics interviewees?
Original post by AkshatJ
ill be there on the 7th. economics interview, any more economics interviewees?

Yay! I'm doing HSPS, however I realise now I've taken a more economic-y route in my reading. woops.
Original post by astriddd
Yay! I'm doing HSPS, however I realise now I've taken a more economic-y route in my reading. woops.

haha I don't think that's too much of a problem, maybe you will stand out from the rest. if you don't mind me asking how are you preparing? I have to analyse an article but have no clue what kind of articles to use as practise. Does everyone get 2 interviews?
Original post by AkshatJ
haha I don't think that's too much of a problem, maybe you will stand out from the rest. if you don't mind me asking how are you preparing? I have to analyse an article but have no clue what kind of articles to use as practise. Does everyone get 2 interviews?

I have two interviews as well. I am doing a lot of reading and just keeping up with current news really. I also get an article to read 30 mins before interview.
Original post by AkshatJ

I have two interviews too. Chemistry and Biology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending