The Student Room Group

Sheffield Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vulpes
Signed up to be one of the people showing you around during the pre-interview tours. Best of luck to all of you! :smile:

Dates snapped up pretty fast. Probably will be a filler somewhere if someone doesn't partner up with someone else. :biggrin:
Reply 181
Original post by magichearts
Dates snapped up pretty fast. Probably will be a filler somewhere if someone doesn't partner up with someone else. :biggrin:

Like my new sig? Haha

Yea, Hmmm... Wanna pair up for one? XD
Original post by Vulpes
Like my new sig? Haha

Yea, Hmmm... Wanna pair up for one? XD

Lol nice sig. I'll sign up when I get my Phase 3A schedule (which is probably after exams). I need to see where I am on placement (aka whether I'm in Sheffield or not). But yeah once I find out we can pair up lol.
Reply 183
Original post by magichearts
Lol nice sig. I'll sign up when I get my Phase 3A schedule (which is probably after exams). I need to see where I am on placement (aka whether I'm in Sheffield or not). But yeah once I find out we can pair up lol.

Ooh right you're doing clinical already :tongue: Yay! This should be fun. :smile:
Reply 184
Anybody know how many applicants there were this year then?? Or will i have to do the ring around/e-mailing myself?/ :L
Reply 185
Original post by medimike
Anybody know how many applicants there were this year then?? Or will i have to do the ring around/e-mailing myself?/ :L

I doubt they will release the statistics this early on. And even so, why does it matter?
Reply 186
Original post by Vulpes
I doubt they will release the statistics this early on. And even so, why does it matter?

I dno, some of my other places have sent me e-mails saying how many applications they have had...
So, has anyone heard?
Reply 188
Original post by Straight up G
So, has anyone heard?

I'm guessing, since noone has posted, probably not haha.

Although they only got our scores today, so tomorrow would probably be the earliest they'd start handing out interviews.
Original post by twelve
I'm guessing, since noone has posted, probably not haha.

Although they only got our scores today, so tomorrow would probably be the earliest they'd start handing out interviews.

Yeah, even tomorrow I'd doubt it, they might wait till Monday. I hadn't realised that they hadn't got our scores until after I posted that, **** you Pearson Vue, damn bastards delaying everything.
Reply 190
Original post by Straight up G
Yeah, even tomorrow I'd doubt it, they might wait till Monday. I hadn't realised that they hadn't got our scores until after I posted that, **** you Pearson Vue, damn bastards delaying everything.

To be honest, they could wait as long as they like :/ Annoyingly! We might not hear for weeks yet!
Reply 191
I'm guessing that the latest they'll start handing out interviews will be 15th Nov. The first interview is on the 29th and it isn't a bad guess to say Sheffield may give at least 2 weeks prior notice.
Reply 192
Original post by Vulpes
I'm guessing that the latest they'll start handing out interviews will be 15th Nov. The first interview is on the 29th and it isn't a bad guess to say Sheffield may give at least 2 weeks prior notice.

That doesn't leave a lot of time actually. Tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday before they're giving less than two weeks notice...
Reply 193
:eek:
Original post by twelve
That doesn't leave a lot of time actually. Tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday before they're giving less than two weeks notice...

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
What do you guys reckon the boundary for this year is?
I got 712.5 and I'm hoping this wasn't a waste of an application space.
Original post by PrismaticCore
What do you guys reckon the boundary for this year is?
I got 712.5 and I'm hoping this wasn't a waste of an application space.

Earlier, someone said that an admissions tutor predicted that the cut-off will be around 690 ...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Dr.Galaxy99
Earlier, someone said that an admissions tutor predicted that the cut-off will be around 690 ...

Yeah see, I've had so many mixed messages with regards to Sheffield and the UKCAT.
I've heard that:
a) It'll go up
b) It'll go down to 690~, as you say
c) They'll not use it much this year

I guess it's too late to change, but I'm just so confused as to whether or not Sheffield will want anything to do with me.

Nonetheless, Good luck :biggrin:
Original post by PrismaticCore
Yeah see, I've had so many mixed messages with regards to Sheffield and the UKCAT.
I've heard that:
a) It'll go up
b) It'll go down to 690~, as you say
c) They'll not use it much this year

I guess it's too late to change, but I'm just so confused as to whether or not Sheffield will want anything to do with me.

Nonetheless, Good luck :biggrin:

well if it's any consolation, i got 710 (so less than you) and i still applied.

i have a feeling it won't be a waste, but all the best anyway :smile:
Reply 198
Does anyone know when it says on Sheffield Med school web site "that it's likely that anyone with an above average UKCAT will be considered" Do they mean the national average or the average of applicants applying to their uni? Thanks
Original post by JessBess
Does anyone know when it says on Sheffield Med school web site "that it's likely that anyone with an above average UKCAT will be considered" Do they mean the national average or the average of applicants applying to their uni? Thanks

Those with an average higher than that of the average of applicants applying to Sheffield. (not me :/)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending