The Student Room Group

What Mac colour are you and what's your race?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyJ
I'm very, very pale and all their shades are too dark for my skin :frown:

mix stargazer white foundation into the lightest foundation you can find if it's too dark, works a charm.
Reply 61
Original post by Ocarinaoftime
mix stargazer white foundation into the lightest foundation you can find if it's too dark, works a charm.

Wow, just looked it up now and it's so cheap! I currently mix white Illamasqua Rich Liquid in with normal foundation, but it's 4 times the cost of the stargazer stuff. Will definitely check it out xx
Reply 62
I'm NW20 and I'm N African. Many people mistake me for being white, because apparently 'I'm too white to be African' :s-smilie:

However, I sometimes find NW20 too pink for me, can I just switch to NC20, does it work like that?

I haven't had much luck with the ladies at the Mac counter, I've been several times and had different matches suggested to me all from NW15 all the way down to NC30!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 63
NC30-40, depending on the time of year/product. I'm of South Asian origin.
nc20 and i'm english
paleee ;(
I initially read this thread as being about Mac computers, and I was like: :lolwut:

:colondollar:

Sorry I can't answer though because I don't use MAC.
Reply 66
NC43!

and I am mixed race (black'n'white :biggrin:)
Reply 67
Original post by Abi24
I'm usually NW40 and I am english but very olive skinned to the point people ALWAYS ask if i'm hispanic, especially when i have a tan.

That being said i prefer how Illamasqua's foundation matches compared to MAC - suits my tone better.

I got negged for this? really?

Edit: Since this post, i've decided to pale out a little, and now I wear an NW30 in MAC.
NC15, their lightest one :biggrin: Eastern European. Not sure if I'm more pink or yellow though! I'd say I'm neutral ;D
Well I always thought you could only get them in silver or white?
Reply 70
NW40, NW43 studio fix powder
NC50 studio fix fluid
I'm Igbo
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 71
Im south asian. I have a darker neck (nc42-43) than my face (nc40-41) so buy shades in nc42 to nc44 in summer and it matches me fine without being orange. Whenever i go to get matched, they keep telling me to go for nc30-35 although they are waaaaay too light! I was also once matched to mac mineralize natural in medium plus which was like flour on my skin.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
I'm NW15. So pale :redface:
i'm NW20 and irish :smile:
Reply 74
I'm very pale English/Irish and I'm NC15, hoping to move up a little bit in the summer haha
Reply 75
I thought this was about Mac computers :tongue:
Thought this was about Mac Books I was like :wut: are they got to do with your race

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im NC50, Nigerian black girl
NC15 - white as a sheet... :h:
I'm mixed race with quite pale, beigey skin. I used NC40. It's not perfect, but good enough.

Quick Reply

Latest