The Student Room Group

Guys' thoughts on circumcision?

As with a lot of threads in this forum I'm looking into solutions to phimosis (tight foreskin) and I've come to the conclusion that I should just get a circumcision and be done with it. I've looked at threads on here asking if girls mind it and I've seen that the vast majority of girls either don't care or prefer circumcised, but what do guys think of the idea of being circumcised?

Scroll to see replies

I'm in the same boat. Planning on consulting a doctor when I go back to uni, would rather just get a circumcision and be done with it. Would be great if anyone that has gone down this path could share some experiences...

Would rather be able for it to work properly, the circumcision seems like the easiest solution and I do prefer the way it looks too.
How old are you?

Having a lot of nerve endings cut off is a big deal and I went for the lighter option of 3 slits in the foreskin. Those slits are not visible these days. Stop looking at US forums about how their stupid **** women prefering circ'd men.

You get more pleasure with the foreskin, believe me on this.
Reply 3
Base your decision more on the pain involved than on what girls supposedly want.
If your problem can be solved by the usual simple operation instead of full circumcision I don't see why you wouldn't go for the former.
I would only get a circumcision if it was my last option.

If you are currently doing stretching exercises just keep it up for now, it isn't going to solve the issue over night but might be a better choice in the long run.

Also can't see why girls should have a preference other than the hygiene argument, and if you don't shower chances are girls are not going to be around you anyway.
Well in your case, circumcision is being considered as a solution to a problem, so I have no issue with it one way or the other - do what is best for YOU. And like a poster above said, pay no attention whatsoever to what some women prefer, that's a slippery slope and pretty soon we will all end up with plastic bodies head to toe.

I am most definitely against it when it's done soon after birth to defenseless babies though, but maybe that's just me being crazy?
Honestly, the only person who can tell you whether or not you should get it done or not is yourself.
If by not getting it done you will have low-esteem or other problem, then that's not going to work too well.
- In either scenario, if a girl kicks up a fuss about it she probably isnt worth your time.

If it's not a self-esteem issue, then treat the operation as one of last resort. Expense aside and hassle aside, there really isnt that much going for it at the moment. Unless you intent to be getting stuff in America where it's the supposed norm, but even there the proportions are dropping.

Once you get it done, there isn't really any going back. That's probably the most important point.
Reply 7
Sorry, I'm a girl, but just chiming in.

Circumcision can lead to less sensitivity, so I'd really think about it. This is a blog which discusses some of the issues (though it is mostly about infant circumcision).
Reply 8
imagine if you got circumcised and before it healed you get a Bonner, i think it would hurt like hell.
Reply 9
I have been thinking about this but worried of scarring. Also the phase when you have to wait for it to adapt to being exposed as its really sensitive...
Reply 10
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
How old are you?

Stop looking at US forums about how their stupid **** women prefering circ'd men.

19, I looked at TSR not American forums and thanks for making me feel really great about having to have this done, I really owe you one there :wink:

Original post by Blueflare
Base your decision more on the pain involved than on what girls supposedly want.
If your problem can be solved by the usual simple operation instead of full circumcision I don't see why you wouldn't go for the former.

I'm not basing it on what girls want, I was just interested to know, and if you read my original post I didn't say I cared I just said I knew. And I've read in a lot of cases the "usual simple operation" can actually not work or even make the situation worse over a couple of years and you have to have it again, which again may not work... and why would I want to go under the knife with the inherent possible complications every 2 years?

Original post by Sovietpride
Honestly, the only person who can tell you whether or not you should get it done or not is yourself.
If by not getting it done you will have low-esteem or other problem, then that's not going to work too well.
- In either scenario, if a girl kicks up a fuss about it she probably isnt worth your time.

If it's not a self-esteem issue, then treat the operation as one of last resort. Expense aside and hassle aside, there really isnt that much going for it at the moment. Unless you intent to be getting stuff in America where it's the supposed norm, but even there the proportions are dropping.

Once you get it done, there isn't really any going back. That's probably the most important point.

I know there's no going back, that's why I'm so hesitant... it's not about self-esteem it's just that because there's no going back and because I've lived my entire life being uncircumcised and that's what I'm used to, but it's causing me a real problem which I've tried fixing in more than one way before and nothing's worked for more than a few days or so and it's still uncomfortable so I just want to finally be able to have the relatively pain-free sex life that most guys have!
Original post by Anonymous

I know there's no going back, that's why I'm so hesitant... it's not about self-esteem it's just that because there's no going back and because I've lived my entire life being uncircumcised and that's what I'm used to, but it's causing me a real problem which I've tried fixing in more than one way before and nothing's worked for more than a few days or so and it's still uncomfortable so I just want to finally be able to have the relatively pain-free sex life that most guys have!

Then most likely it'll work out well for you.
Ask a your GP for his verdict too before you proceed...
Reply 12
Try Gordon Muir, he is a foreskin friendly urologist at London Urology
Reply 13
barbaric practice.
Strong negs from jews, Muslims and Americans in here.
Far as I know, girls don't really prefer genital mutilation do they? Circumcision causes a distinct lack of feeling and sensitivity, not just that, I just find it unnatural to remove a protective cover when there are alternatives, it's like cutting off your eyelids because your eyes are gunged shut.
I suffered with a tight foreskin for ages. Tried all sorts of stretching which didn't really work. I finally decided on the doctors advice to get circumcised.

It was a really good decision. Yes of course it is a bit embarasing and it is uncomfortable for a couple of weeks (and it won't be in full working order for 3 to 4 weeks) but once it healed up it was and is great.

I don't regret it at all. It works very well! and I am very happy with it. I only wish I had had it done earlier.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
How old are you?

Having a lot of nerve endings cut off is a big deal and I went for the lighter option of 3 slits in the foreskin. Those slits are not visible these days. Stop looking at US forums about how their stupid **** women prefering circ'd men.

I'm about to see my doctor about my tight-ish foreskin, and short frenulum
I'm sexually active, so how long after my op before I can have sex? (I realise there's going to be a huge waiting list). I presume you had a frenuloplasty/preputioplasty?
How long was it before the cuts aren't visible?
Thanks
Must hurt like ****.

Also, when you get an erection just after the operation, it's going to bleed.
Original post by Anonymous
As with a lot of threads in this forum I'm looking into solutions to phimosis (tight foreskin) and I've come to the conclusion that I should just get a circumcision and be done with it. I've looked at threads on here asking if girls mind it and I've seen that the vast majority of girls either don't care or prefer circumcised, but what do guys think of the idea of being circumcised?

They have 20,000 nerve endings and makes it smaller, would you really want to lose that? Take opinions on here with a pinch of salt, girls on here are largely pussies who vomit at the idea of having sex during a period, or vomit at the thought of a penis full stop.

Neg all you want, it's true.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest