The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by twelve
Yep me too :biggrin: Is yours morning or afternoon?

And wow, I've been gone like four days, and I had to read about 6 pages of posts...

Hey congrats on the four interviews! Looks like we're doing better than last year, hopefully we get many offers as well :biggrin:
Reply 581
Original post by sortedguy
aberdeen, keele and queen mary.

heard nothing atm, what was your ukcat score and your gcses?

635 UKCAT,
8A's 7B's 1C GCSES.

You?
Original post by Metastasis
got an interview! international here, i don't know my total score out of 60 but my ukcat's 29/30. all the best everyone! the strange thing is that my interview's on 30th of January which is like pretty early :/

hello there! finally we have one more applicant having our interviews on 30th! so is it like 4 of us? :smile:

i'm international too :smile:
Reply 583
Original post by dragon_knight

hello there! finally we have one more applicant having our interviews on 30th! so is it like 4 of us? :smile:

Congrats :smile:!! So what time is ur interview on the 30th?
And what country you from ??
Original post by Domo-Kun
635 UKCAT,
8A's 7B's 1C GCSES.

You?

652.5 ukcat
1A* 6As 3Bs
Do you think Leicester will give out more interviews before X'mass?
Original post by keralamov

Original post by keralamov
Do you think Leicester will give out more interviews before X'mass?

I hope soo!!!!
Reply 587
I hope so too! I've had no interviews yet : [!
Well can I ask everyone with/without, so that everyone who does not have an interview their top 6 GCSEs (including english language, science, maths) and 3 others, along with total UKCAT. That will give us a good estimate :smile:

Mine is: English language - B
Maths - A*
Science - A*
BTEC PE - 2 A*s
RE - A*
History - A

UKCAT - 2820 av. 705
(edited 12 years ago)
Hey guys I dont have any news of an interview yet, these are my stats...

GCSE's:
Maths A*
Physics A*
English Lang A
Biology A
Chemistry A
Psychology A

ukcat was 637.5

fingers crossed...

who's having on 30th as well :smile:

Original post by Gago99
Congrats :smile:!! So what time is ur interview on the 30th?
And what country you from ??

hello i think everyone has it at 12PM everyday because of the MMI format (someone please let me know if i'm right or wrong for this) and i'm from Singapore :smile:
would a score of 48 be enough to get an interview assuming my PS is good?

it wouldnt would it? :'(

fml
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 592
Hey,

Im a undergraduate applicant so they look at my A levels not GCSE's. My UKCAT is 2620, average 655 and my A levels are AABDc.

Good luck all!
GCSEs

Enlgish Lang and Lit - AA
Maths, Statistics - A*A*
Double Science - A* A
DiDa - 3A*
Rest 3A and 1B

AS : AAAA
Predicted : A*AAA

UKCAT 2350 :angry:

Assuming they would take my DiDa into account, I would have a score of 52/60 if not 50/60.

Doesn't look very promising does it? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Anyone got one on the 28th of March? oO!

Have they given out any rejections yet?
Reply 595

hello i think everyone has it at 12PM everyday because of the MMI format (someone please let me know if i'm right or wrong for this) and i'm from Singapore :smile:

Noo thats not true - I think they must run an afternoon session and a morning session, because I have to be there at 8.45 on the 30th Jan :smile:
Reply 596

There must be more than one time per day for the interviews considering the number of interviews they are giving out.
Im from kenya btw :smile:
Original post by AmbitiousMedic
Don't lose hope just yet, what do you score?

oh dude, I'm sorry, I didn't see your quote. 53, cheers for the pick me up
Reply 598
Tbh guys I really think that people with x<54/53 is gonna be unlikely. I have 50 and I am not holding out any hope, as most would have greater than 50.
Original post by J DOT A
Tbh guys I really think that people with x<54/53 is gonna be unlikely. I have 50 and I am not holding out any hope, as most would have greater than 50.

Maybe, maybe not. It's hard to say, it's the first year of them adopting this system and so they might just have slightly lower initial cut-offs, I think more people will lose points on the personal statement scoring tbh..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending