The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caterpillar1988
when are the first interview dates?

30th of jan, where the internationals and some locals get interviewed.
oooo best of luck to everyone then, mine isnt till the 27th March... getting quite nervous now! Obviously I wouldnt expect anyone to divulge info about the interviews but if folk could just write the timings maybe of diff stations? just so we know how much time roughly your given :smile:
Good luck to everyone who have interviews soon! And if you haven't heard anything/have a late interview don't worry. Early interviews =/= better chance of an offer.
Reply 983
Hey guys, acknowledged my interview in December (it's on the 1st of Feb), they haven't replied back or anything? Is this normal?
Reply 984
Original post by abhi1393
Hey guys, acknowledged my interview in December (it's on the 1st of Feb), they haven't replied back or anything? Is this normal?

I haven't got a reply either :s-smilie:
Reply 985
Original post by Joseppea
I haven't got a reply either :s-smilie:

Hmmm I'm starting to think this is normal. Good luck with your interview!
Reply 986
Hmmm I'm starting to think this is normal. Good luck with your interview!

You too! :biggrin:
Does anyone know anything about the MMI format of interviews? Will there be role-playing? I read the interview prep thread and there's like some scenarios given and there would be actors, does that mean we'd have to be dramatic in some form and act out what we'd do? LOL.
Reply 988
I had a rejection in december but it still hasn't been updated on track. Has any one else had this? :confused:
Reply 989
Any international students have an interview on the 30th Jan and in the afternoon? Also how is everyone preparing for it, so scared 2 interviews in the same week (the other is on the 1st Feb, days just before my 18th). Life couldn't get any worse.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nya97
Any international students have an interview on the 30th Jan and in the afternoon? Also how is everyone preparing for it, so scared 2 interviews in the same week (the other is on the 1st Feb, days just before my 18th). Life couldn't get any worse.

hey hello! i'm also international and interview on 30th :smile:
I look forward to taking some of you guys on tours this coming Monday!
Original post by Nya97

Original post by dragon_knight
hey hello! i'm also international and interview on 30th :smile:

I shall say HI to you guys :biggrin: I'm having my interview on the 30th in the afternoon as well :smile: I have a feeling the group is quite big, seeing 3 of us here have the same interview timing already.
Reply 993

I gave them a call to check, and they said how they don't acknowledge an acknowledgement. They did see your email, don't worry.
Reply 994
Original post by Metastasis
I shall say HI to you guys :biggrin: I'm having my interview on the 30th in the afternoon as well :smile: I have a feeling the group is quite big, seeing 3 of us here have the same interview timing already.

Can't wait to see you guys there, hope it all goes well for us.
Reply 995
Hey, I have an interview tomorrow. Getting quite nervous now.
Good luck all!
Reply 996
Original post by Nash24
Hey, I have an interview tomorrow. Getting quite nervous now.
Good luck all!

Good luck, I have mine on Wednesday :smile:
Reply 997
Original post by hookguy

Thank You, Good luck to you too! I see you're on a gap year as well!
How have you been preparing for the interview?
Reply 998
Original post by Nash24
Thank You, Good luck to you too! I see you're on a gap year as well!
How have you been preparing for the interview?

Thanks!

Oh another fellow gapper :smile:

I prepared quite a bit for both my Newcastle and Sheffield interviews, so I haven't done much preparation for Leicester. I do know its a different format (MMI) so I've looked up tips for that format online, and also read my interview question book (the ISC medical one) and its sections on MMI.

I've also just done a couple of practice interviews (normal style) with family members and friends, no idea what the MMI is going to be like so just will hopefully see how it goes :smile:

How about you?
Original post by hookguy

i have mine on wednesday too! what time is yours?

i saw also that youve applied to newcastle and sheffield, me too! have you had interviews yet?

ahh im a bit nervous about leicester as its MMI which is completely different to standard panel interviews, its the uncertainty which is the worst!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending