The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

:h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h: :h:
Just got an interview :biggrin:

So happy. After 3 pre-interview rejections, this is like a bloody awesome lifeline :tongue:

If it makes any difference, my BMAT was below last year's cut off in one section (4.7, 6.4, 3.5A)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1981
Original post by Next Level
no worries, and nice! nah, I'm still waiting to hear...:frown:

Ahh really hope you get an interview soon!
Reply 1982
Original post by NightBear

So happy. After 3 pre-interview rejections, this is like a bloody awesome lifeline :tongue:

If it makes any difference, my BMAT was below last year's cut off in one section (4.7, 6.3, 3.5A)

CONGRATS! :smile:

when is urs!? :biggrin:

If it makes any difference, my BMAT was below last year's cut off in one section (4.7, 6.3, 3.5A)

well done! this is encouraging news :biggrin: you really deserve it, really happy for you :biggrin: what time did you get the e-mail and when is the interview? :smile:
also, did you have any extenuating circumstances for them to interview you even though your s1 was below the cutoff?

Original post by kashkadi
Ahh really hope you get an interview soon!

thanks man, me too!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1984
eeek! interview on 6th March! got 4.9 5.2 3.5a and I'm on my gap year (re-took a chem paper in jan) so anyone still waiting- don't give up hope!
Original post by kashkadi
CONGRATS! :smile:

when is urs!? :biggrin:

well done! this is encouraging news :biggrin: you really deserve it, really happy for you :biggrin: what time did you get the e-mail and when is the interview? :smile:
also, did you have any extenuating circumstances for them to interview you even though your s1 was below the cutoff?

thanks man, me too!

Thank you! :biggrin: I got the email at 12:21 today. Interview's on the 7th of March, and, no, I didn't have any extenuating circumstances. Fingers crossed, you'll get one soon :smile: I *think* they're done with their mass rejections.

Original post by Gogs93
eeek! interview on 6th March! got 4.9 5.2 3.5a and I'm on my gap year (re-took a chem paper in jan) so anyone still waiting- don't give up hope!

This.
I gave up hope like a week ago, but, no news is good news - at least you haven't been rejected!
Thank you! :biggrin: I got the email at 12:21 today. Interview's on the 7th of March, and, no, I didn't have any extenuating circumstances. Fingers crossed, you'll get one soon :smile: I *think* they're done with their mass rejections.

This.
I gave up hope like a week ago, but, no news is good news - at least you haven't been rejected!

np :biggrin: ahh right, do they give interviews out at any day or is it fixed on wednesdays? ahh they must really want you then :biggrin: fingers crossed! and yeah I think so too; had a look at last year's thread and the pattern, so far, has been identical :wink:

i hope no news is good news at this stage!
np :biggrin: ahh right, do they give interviews out at any day or is it fixed on wednesdays? ahh they must really want you then :biggrin: fingers crossed! and yeah I think so too; had a look at last year's thread and the pattern, so far, has been identical :wink:

i hope no news is good news at this stage!

Patience is a virtue, eh :tongue: Either way, good luck :smile:
Patience is a virtue, eh :tongue: Either way, good luck :smile:

really is :rolleyes: thanks!
Reply 1989
Original post by existinggirl
People who have already had interviews - did you shake hands with the interviewers? was it too awkward to do so?

i shook their hands at the beginning and after the interview :wink: it really depends
Reply 1990
Kickinged off today

Congrats and good luck to all those who received their interview invites :yy::grin::crossedf:.

Now back to writing a bajillion EPQ words :sigh:
Reply 1991

Got one today too. :h: It's on the 7th of March at 3.15. What time's yours?
Original post by Botxa
Got one today too. :h: It's on the 7th of March at 3.15. What time's yours?

Mine's at 2:15.
Good luck :biggrin:
Now that I've got an interview, I'm sweating pigs :tongue:

AHH when i saw this i was like WTF i havent heard anything! FML Imperial out the window ...
Then i actually checked my emails and was like oh ... and now its...Back through the window or ... something ...

ANYWAYS
2:30! CYA THERE :P
Im stressed out..
I flunked my ucl one ... i really really really need to nail this ... :frown:
Reply 1994
To all those who have interviews

There is no need to stress about anything, the interview is a great chance to show how much you want to study medicine and how much u love Imperial :biggrin:. It might be wise to prepare for the generic medical interview questions as they do get asked, at the end you will have an ethical scenario, as long as you think logically and take your time that is all they want- there is no right answer! The interviewers are very friendly and they interview you for about 10-12 mins which flies by! As long as you have a genuine interest in becoming a doctor and are have interests outside academics, then i can GUARANTEE you will have a very good chance at getting an offer!

Good luck to all of you! :smile:
Original post by shooby_doo
AHH when i saw this i was like WTF i havent heard anything! FML Imperial out the window ...
Then i actually checked my emails and was like oh ... and now its...Back through the window or ... something ...

ANYWAYS
2:30! CYA THERE :P
Im stressed out..
I flunked my ucl one ... i really really really need to nail this ... :frown:

Awesome! I'll keep my eyes open for shooby doo lol
Same, this is my last chance to earn myself a place into med this year. NO PRESSURE, eh :tongue:
Reply 1996

Same. When I found out, my hands started shaking.
Reply 1997
Still nothing =(. I think Impy hates me.
Original post by Botxa
Same. When I found out, my hands started shaking.

I was jumping up and down like a lunatic. Then started panicking. Went back to the jumping up and down phase. Been panicking for the past hour now lol
Awesome! I'll keep my eyes open for shooby doo lol
Same, this is my last chance to earn myself a place into med this year. NO PRESSURE, eh :tongue:

I reckon you should go round asking everyone if they're "shooby doo", until you find me LOL It was so weird after my ucl interview , i came on here and i was like OMG darthvaderbunnyrabbit123 , i was in the same room as you! :biggrin:
BUT AAH I DONT KNOW HOW I SHOULD PREP FOR THIS!
i love how something you've been working towards for yeaaars, all boils down to one day whether you get an offer or not ... damn right no pressure.. ¬¬

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending