The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nator
I guess Imperial do start interviewing from November, my friend already has one :laugh:

OH GOD.
Reply 381
Original post by BlissJunkie
OH GOD.

Sheerly based on his reference, the first line was literally "He is one of, if not the best student ever to study at this school", and his AS UMS were quoted so they had to interview him naturally :biggrin:
Original post by Nator
I guess Imperial do start interviewing from November, my friend already has one :laugh:

For medicine? And for undergrads?
Reply 383
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
For medicine? And for undergrads?

Yeah :smile:
Original post by Nator

this cant be true, we only did the bmat exactly a week ago
Original post by Nator

Whoa, congrats to him! I hope I have a chance now, even with a crappy BMAT because my school quoted my UMS too.
HOLY SHIZZNITZ! I can kiss good bye to nights of peaceful sleep.
Reply 387
this cant be true, we only did the bmat exactly a week ago

Dude read what I said about his reference...

Original post by confused dot com
Whoa, congrats to him! I hope I have a chance now, even with a crappy BMAT because my school quoted my UMS too.

Same here, plus some people who missed the cut off last year, e.g. got 4.5 instead of 4.9 still got interviewed, so I imagine the reference must be given some sort of weightage?
Original post by Nator

Same here, plus some people who missed the cut off last year, e.g. got 4.5 instead of 4.9 still got interviewed, so I imagine the reference must be given some sort of weightage?

Yeah, I guess so. I literally had to force my school to include my UMS though so hopefully it'll pay off. The same probably can't be said for Oxford though...
Reply 389
omg. imperial please interview me, my ums were good.

just when i had convinced myself that it's okay that i'll have to wait ages for interviews i see this. impatience has returned.
Original post by Nator

but imperial who are incredibly dependent on the bmat aren't gonna give out an interview because of a persons reference unless ofcourse you go eton or harrow, then that does change things

or the person who got an interview is you then that also sounds believable
Reply 391
Yeah, I guess so. I literally had to force my school to include my UMS though so hopefully it'll pay off. The same probably can't be said for Oxford though...

Ahh I see (btw superb UMS!), although I honestly think it will not make that big a difference sadly (even for Imperial), it's just his UMS were out of this world
Can't be for undergrads. BMAT unis won't even have results yet - unless it has changed from last yr.

I posted up my interview questions from last yr before 5 pages got deleted.. so I will again. As you'll see below they are quite similar to the official ones on the imperial site and you won't get them much different.
The interview questions aren't so hard either (in fact easier than most unis).. they're not trying to trick you or anything.
Duno if im allowed to post them.. But i doubt they will kick me out for it :tongue: so here we go n enjoy! I'll try and get more from previous yrs..

Why medicine,
why imperial,
where have u shown teamwork,
what are negative points about medicine,
who deserves priority for flu vaccine,
what can you contribute to imperial,
how did u get ure work exp arranged etc
anytime where u have disagreed in a team,
who are the different professionals working in a GP clinic.
how you cope with stress in general
do you want to be a gp?
how do u cope with 3-4 things at the same time happening
name a stressful situation
Original post by Nator
Ahh I see (btw superb UMS!), although I honestly think it will not make that big a difference sadly (even for Imperial), it's just his UMS were out of this world

At least I can still hope that all isn't lost despite the BMAT.
Reply 394
but imperial who are incredibly dependent on the bmat aren't gonna give out an interview because of a persons reference unless ofcourse you go eton or harrow, then that does change things

or the person who got an interview is you then that also sounds believable

Not harrow or eton haha, and no it's not me (as much as I wish :wink: )

At least I can still hope that all isn't lost despite the BMAT.

True say, that's fair enough :smile:
Original post by Nator
Not harrow or eton haha, and no it's not me (as much as I wish :wink: )

True say, that's fair enough :smile:

BTW, do you mind me asking what kind of UMS he got? :colondollar:
Reply 396
BTW, do you mind me asking what kind of UMS he got? :colondollar:

I'll PM you :smile:
Reply 397
Original post by Nator

Original post by Nator

PM me while you're at it :tongue:
Original post by Nator

I don't believe this. A boy at my school is the best boy to have ever been at our school, he got 17A* at GCSE, 6As at AS and predicted 5A* at A level... he plays 3 musical instruments AFAIK to grade 8 as well as being head boy and other responsibilites (not a close friend of his so not sure all the things he does) and gosh, he's just sooooo damn clever in every way. On top of that, he found the BMAT overall straight forward. :eek::eek: Now, if this boy didn't get an interview, noone would! :tongue:
Reply 399
Original post by live-life-love
I don't believe this. A boy at my school is the best boy to have ever been at our school, he got 17A* at GCSE, 6As at AS and predicted 5A* at A level... he plays 3 musical instruments AFAIK to grade 8 as well as being head boy and other responsibilites (not a close friend of his so not sure all the things he does) and gosh, he's just sooooo damn clever in every way. On top of that, he found the BMAT overall straight forward. :eek::eek: Now, if this boy didn't get an interview, noone would! :tongue:

This boy you have just described cannot exist, I mean 17A*?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending