The Student Room Group

Imperial College Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by praj1
when do you think they give out rejections?.....do you think they'll give them in batcheS?

last year u got mine in february...

i imagine same time as last year, so as you said it was in feb I'm guessing then :smile: did they give rejections in batches last year? if so, were they before or after offers?
Original post by Next Level
i imagine same time as last year, so as you said it was in feb I'm guessing then :smile: did they give rejections in batches last year? if so, were they before or after offers?

last year they gave a very big batch of rejections on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of february
Original post by Nnuunnuu
last year they gave a very big batch of rejections on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of february

oh right i see thanks for saying! was that all the rejection, or were more given later on?

p.s. love ur username :biggrin:
No one's been given an interview with a BMAT that's below last year's cut off, have they?
Reply 1384

Ahh that's quite soon! :afraid: Still, I suppose it would be good to just get a response and move on.
Reply 1385
Original post by existinggirl
Congratulations! I might see you there

Maybe, but I wont know who you are lol :tongue:
oh right i see thanks for saying! was that all the rejection, or were more given later on?

p.s. love ur username :biggrin:

Aw haha, thanks. no idea why I gave myself this username .. couldn't think of any other fancy names :colone:
I think there was another batch of rejections later on but not as big,,, i think at the start of february last year anyone with a bamt below their cutoff got a rejection, and i guess the second batch of rejections was for those who had made their cutoff but had the weakest applications (ie personal statement, reference, grades etc...) ... and obviously there were few rejections throughout the whole thing for those who didn't do well in their inteviews ..
Aw haha, thanks. no idea why I gave myself this username .. couldn't think of any other fancy names :colone:
I think there was another batch of rejections later on but not as big,,, i think at the start of february last year anyone with a bamt below their cutoff got a rejection, and i guess the second batch of rejections was for those who had made their cutoff but had the weakest applications (ie personal statement, reference, grades etc...) ... and obviously there were few rejections throughout the whole thing for those who didn't do well in their inteviews ..

no problem :biggrin: Haha its an awesome username :biggrin:
ah right I see, so im guessing the 20 or so who gt an interview last year who were below the cutoff gt them very late in the cycle I presume? and yeah that makes sense, thanks for the info :smile:
no problem :biggrin: Haha its an awesome username :biggrin:
ah right I see, so im guessing the 20 or so who gt an interview last year who were below the cutoff gt them very late in the cycle I presume? and yeah that makes sense, thanks for the info :smile:

no problem :biggrin: I never heard about anyone getting an interview below the cutoff last year. people keep saying that on tsr but i don't know how they know that because I don't rememebr anyone putting that on tsr last year and I looked up last years thread to check but i coudn't find anything.. but if it is true then I guess it would be at the end of the cycle,,, but thats just a guess ..
no problem :biggrin: I never heard about anyone getting an interview below the cutoff last year. people keep saying that on tsr but i don't know how they know that because I don't rememebr anyone putting that on tsr last year and I looked up last years thread to check but i coudn't find anything.. but if it is true then I guess it would be at the end of the cycle,,, but thats just a guess ..

ahh really? on last years talking thread there are some people I remember :smile: I seem to recall someone with 3.8 in s2 getting an interview, so it does happen. And fair enough :biggrin: i'm one of those below the cutoff in 1 section with mitigating circumstances so it's kinda in the balance! :rolleyes:
ahh really? on last years talking thread there are some people I remember :smile: I seem to recall someone with 3.8 in s2 getting an interview, so it does happen. And fair enough :biggrin: i'm one of those below the cutoff in 1 section with mitigating circumstances so it's kinda in the balance! :rolleyes:

aw maybe i didn't look well.. but yeh they must have mitigating circumstances otherwise why would they interview someone with 3.8 when many others got rejected with higher scores .. but you never know, I'm below the cut off in S3 and I'm praying they lower their cutoff this year .. its my second year applying now and I still haven't heard anything from any of the uni's I've applied to, I want to get an offer sooooooo badly
aw maybe i didn't look well.. but yeh they must have mitigating circumstances otherwise why would they interview someone with 3.8 when many others got rejected with higher scores .. but you never know, I'm below the cut off in S3 and I'm praying they lower their cutoff this year .. its my second year applying now and I still haven't heard anything from any of the uni's I've applied to, I want to get an offer sooooooo badly

yeah they all seemed to have mitigating circumstances; I gt 4.1, 4.9, 4.5A with mitigation so I am praying for an interview as all the rest of the application is fine...Ahh right I see, did u remark ur s3 out of interest? aw I see, really hope u get an offer soon! which other unis u applied to? :smile:
yeah they all seemed to have mitigating circumstances; I gt 4.1, 4.9, 4.5A with mitigation so I am praying for an interview as all the rest of the application is fine...Ahh right I see, did u remark ur s3 out of interest? aw I see, really hope u get an offer soon! which other unis u applied to? :smile:

thank you :smile: and hopefully they will consider your mitigating circumstances, they have done it before so why not you :smile: yeh I remarked section 3 and the score didn't change, i got 2A, apparantly I didn't answer one aspect of the question, but I made sure that I answered everything because I knew the maximum i can get is 2 if i miss anything, i don't really know what happened.. even last year i did better in section 3 even though i did absolutely no prep at all last year and I spent a whole week practicing essay writing this time :frown: I've applied to leeds, liverpool and southampton
(edited 12 years ago)
thank you :smile: and hopefully they will consider your mitigating circumstances, they have done it before so why not you :smile: yeh I remarked section 3 and the score didn't change, i got 2A, apparantly I didn't answer one aspect of the question, but I made sure that I answered everything because I knew the maximum i can get is 2 if i miss anything, i don't really know what happened.. even last year i did better in section 3 even though i did absolutely no prep at all last year and I spent a whole week practicing essay writing this time :frown: I've applied to leeds, liverpool and southampton

no prob :biggrin: I hope so! that's what I keep telling myself haha, really hope they do, fell in love with imperial on the open day and the science dept. is just wow! :colondollar: ahh damn I see, that's really strange! you should have been guaranteed a 3 then...:s-smilie: That's so weird, sorry to hear it :frown: And nice! hopefully u will get a stack load of unconditionals :wink:
I'm not applying to imperial (thank god considering my bmat) but here's some info i got from them:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/medicine_a100_admissions_statist#incoming-231724

also, it appears that some people WERE interviewed below cut off
no prob :biggrin: I hope so! that's what I keep telling myself haha, really hope they do, fell in love with imperial on the open day and the science dept. is just wow! :colondollar: ahh damn I see, that's really strange! you should have been guaranteed a 3 then...:s-smilie: That's so weird, sorry to hear it :frown: And nice! hopefully u will get a stack load of unconditionals :wink:

thank you :smile: I hope you get an offer at imperial, I loved it too, no doubt it is my first choice but an offer anywhere for medicine will be so amazing ... hopefully we'll all get what we want in the end :wink:
Original post by aljabiraa
I'm not applying to imperial (thank god considering my bmat) but here's some info i got from them:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/medicine_a100_admissions_statist#incoming-231724

also, it appears that some people WERE interviewed below cut off

thanks for the info ..but how does it appear that some people were interviewed below the cut off? i read their letters but i didn't find anything that suggest they interview people below the cut off!!!
thanks for the info ..but how does it appear that some people were interviewed below the cut off? i read their letters but i didn't find anything that suggest they interview people below the cut off!!!

go up and there's a spreadsheet with every applicants a levels and bmat score sorted into successful and not
Original post by aljabiraa
go up and there's a spreadsheet with every applicants a levels and bmat score sorted into successful and not

I cannot find myself on last year's unsuccessful list !!!
Has anyone ever asked imperial to how exactly people below cutoff got interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending