The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Sophie 101

Original post by Sophie 101
For me it is yes, I havent heard anything yet :frown: anyone else got interviews/offers?

I think Bradford half-arsed rejected me. Well, they said that my application hasn't made it through the interview stages the first time around and that if places become available then i'll have an interview. It wasn't on track, it was by letter.
Reply 181
Original post by emilym94
Hey, can I ask what made you pick St. George's over your other choices, as i'm considering it as another one of my choices. I'm going to the visit day next month, so will see for myself then, it'd just be nice to get an idea from a student who's already there. Thanks! :biggrin:

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, uni is crazy as we're just about to go on placement this monday! For me I picked George's because it's in a hospital which means they often get patients in to talk to you about their expereinces and also it gets you used to the environment. It's got a fantastic reputation , it's the only university that does physio that has IFP - interprofessional practise module which helps you get to know what everyone's role is. It's extremely practical and hands on which all physio courses should be though I've heard from a lot of people including clinical educators that kings isn't which damages it's reputation . The lecturers are fantastic they really know their stuff and are so passionate about their subjects and again quite highly though of. The mums and dads scheme is great , it makes the whole uni feel just like a family - my "mum" just gave me lots of notes for my placement and I'm helping my "daughter" with her anatomy!
I'm probably extremely biased but come and see for yourself it's fantastic!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 183
Original post by sas25

Original post by sas25
Yeh I was thinking that too maybe problem solving.. Just wondering if it will be physio related or something completely random to just see our writing styles and how we plan/order it etc. getting so nervous!!
7th Dec (fingers crossed it goes well haha) when is yours? Where is your favourite at the moment?

Mine is on the 7th Dec too! might see you there :P and yeah It will probably be something completely random just to see what type of person we are and how well we write.
I really like Birmingham, King's and Cardiff but I think my top one atm is birmingham, i really loved it there! how about you? :smile:
Original post by *Gee*
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, uni is crazy as we're just about to go on placement this monday! For me I picked George's because it's in a hospital which means they often get patients in to talk to you about their expereinces and also it gets you used to the environment. It's got a fantastic reputation , it's the only university that does physio that has IFP - interprofessional practise module which helps you get to know what everyone's role is. It's extremely practical and hands on which all physio courses should be though I've heard from a lot of people including clinical educators that kings isn't which damages it's reputation . The lecturers are fantastic they really know their stuff and are so passionate about their subjects and again quite highly though of. The mums and dads scheme is great , it makes the whole uni feel just like a family - my "mum" just gave me lots of notes for my placement and I'm helping my "daughter" with her anatomy!
I'm probably extremely biased but come and see for yourself it's fantastic!

Great, thanks so much for your reply! I really like the idea of a close, "family" feel with the students, so I guess St. George's would be ideal for this. At one or two unis i visited, I got this impression too, but at others the students didn't seem so close. Thank you, i've put it on my application and i'm going to go for it, once I get my PS sorted. :biggrin:
Original post by xChrista
I think Bradford half-arsed rejected me. Well, they said that my application hasn't made it through the interview stages the first time around and that if places become available then i'll have an interview. It wasn't on track, it was by letter.

I think they are covering themselves and seeing how many applicants they get....it is wrong really and should be straight and transparent with you. It is only one university after all :smile: the others won't be so 'grey' about it.
Has someone heard from Caledonian, Robert Gordon or Queen Margaret?
Reply 187
Just got interviews for birmingham and oxford brookes! :smile: .. on the same day tho eek :s-smilie:
Reply 188
Original post by themeadows

I think they are covering themselves and seeing how many applicants they get....it is wrong really and should be straight and transparent with you. It is only one university after all :smile: the others won't be so 'grey' about it.

I'm a bit stressed seeing as it's the lowest i could find for physio- i'd rather just get a straight answer than a "we'll consider you after all the clever people reject us" -.-'
Reply 189
Offer from UWE and interview from Oxford Brookes! :biggrin: I'm so scared though! Anyone know what questions may be asked at Oxford Brookes interview?
Reply 190
Original post by Poldol
Mine is on the 7th Dec too! might see you there :P and yeah It will probably be something completely random just to see what type of person we are and how well we write.
I really like Birmingham, King's and Cardiff but I think my top one atm is birmingham, i really loved it there! how about you? :smile:

Haha so excited but nervous at the same time for it! when is your interview for Bham? and when did they tell you?
Yeh Birmingham is really nice! I think Kings at the moment but i like all of my choices so who ever wants me lol!
Reply 191
Original post by kd19
Just got interviews for birmingham and oxford brookes! :smile: .. on the same day tho eek :s-smilie:

When is your interview for Birmingham if you don't mind me asking? And when did u send your application? I haven't heard off them and I'm getting kind of nervous haha :frown:
Reply 192
Original post by sas25
When is your interview for Birmingham if you don't mind me asking? And when did u send your application? I haven't heard off them and I'm getting kind of nervous haha :frown:

Same! I sent my UCAS off 2 weeks ago and I havent heard anything from b'ham yet! :frown:
Reply 193
Original post by sas25

Original post by sas25
Haha so excited but nervous at the same time for it! when is your interview for Bham? and when did they tell you?
Yeh Birmingham is really nice! I think Kings at the moment but i like all of my choices so who ever wants me lol!

Same! I'm trying not have a favourite cos my fav will be whoever takes me! ha and my interview for Bham is 23rd nov so really soon! and they told me last wed, i think :tongue:
Reply 194
Original post by sas25

I think I applied around 12th oct? Really wasn't expecting to hear anything until jan tho, it was a complete shock when i got 2 letters through today... Both of the interviews were for the 23rd november... But i'm away that week so had to move both of them! B'ham is now on the 7th dec and oxford is early Jan.

It sounds like both uni's only have two interview dates before jan as both only offered the 7th dec as an alternative date for this year....

But dont get nervous it is still early days! looking on last years thread people were getting interviewed between march and may.. its just a big waiting game :/
Reply 195
Original post by kd19
I think I applied around 12th oct? Really wasn't expecting to hear anything until jan tho, it was a complete shock when i got 2 letters through today... Both of the interviews were for the 23rd november... But i'm away that week so had to move both of them! B'ham is now on the 7th dec and oxford is early Jan.

It sounds like both uni's only have two interview dates before jan as both only offered the 7th dec as an alternative date for this year....

But dont get nervous it is still early days! looking on last years thread people were getting interviewed between march and may.. its just a big waiting game :/

Oh right.. congrats on both anyway :smile: ..
Yeh i shouldn't really get nervous, it's just because I've heard off Kings and Coventry and i sent my UCAS around the same time as a couple people but haven't heard anything off bham.. but yes very true about the waiting game :frown: we'll see..

Good luck with the rest of your choices
Original post by gemstar!
Offer from UWE and interview from Oxford Brookes! :biggrin: I'm so scared though! Anyone know what questions may be asked at Oxford Brookes interview?

Sorry to spoil it, but interview questions etc. cannot be discussed, there's some rule thread on here........ :s-smilie:
Original post by xChrista
I'm a bit stressed seeing as it's the lowest i could find for physio- i'd rather just get a straight answer than a "we'll consider you after all the clever people reject us" -.-'

Well it's not a definite 'no' is it? And hopefully you've put other universities on your list so it's just a waiting game unfortunately....
Reply 198

Well it's not a definite 'no' is it? And hopefully you've put other universities on your list so it's just a waiting game unfortunately....

Yeah, i've still got 4 more choices. There's nothing i can do about it, i guess.
Hey everyone :smile: just wondering if anyone has heard off Cardiff, UWE, Southampton, Brunel or Plymouth?

Quick Reply

Latest