The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

URGENT INFO NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Does anyone know how long the physio course at Hertforshire lasts? I need it for the NHS bursary form. Are they all the same?

Thanks one and all!
Reply 1981
Can somebody explain to me where I get the bursary form?? I haven't received anything???
Original post by MrsH23
Can somebody explain to me where I get the bursary form?? I haven't received anything???

I havent heard anything either, neither have any of my friends (2 nursing, one physio, one ODP). I heard the uni sends them in June though (not sure where from).
Just got an email about the Bursary. Already confused!
You have to go on the NHS bursary website and download the form - make sure its the correct year you're sending off though! :biggrin:
Reply 1985
has everyone that firmed man met received an email about the bursary? still not received it :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by mskxo
has everyone that firmed man met received an email about the bursary? still not received it :/

I have. Got it on Friday
Reply 1987
Original post by MissLightyear
I have. Got it on Friday

A friend of mine that firmed also received it on Friday, nothing as of yet :/

I've been asked to complete the NHS bursary form online, but I do not have a username or password or whether these are sent in the post? I received the email on 1st of June and have not had any more information - confused.com
You just set up an account
Reply 1990
St Georges vs Brunel..... any thoughts?? (esp from current students / graduates!)
Reply 1991
Original post by LauraJennifer91
Hi everyone,

Im studying Physio at Brunel so if any of you have questions about Brunel feel free to message me :-) not just the boring bits, stuff about nightlife and social events too :-)

Hi Laura,
I am considering making Brunel my firm choice but am currently trying to weigh it up against St Georges. Do you have any friends at St Georges? Are you able to provide me with any insight?!! Bit vague I know but just looking for any selling points that are obvious to you I suppose! I am a graduate student (age 28) so really looking to get the most out of my course and get on with my career upon qualification. Probably going to be more interested in physiotherapy in different settings upon graduation - rather than climbing the NHS ladder - so am thinking that Brunel is more suitable for this, but I know St G's has a v good reputation too. Just always got a good vibe from the brunel dept.
Any advice welcome!
Thanks v much,
Sophie
Can anyone tell me, because the NHS fund our tutition fees the only funding we can get is a means tested bursary from the NHS and a loan from student finance.

Can we not apply for a grant from student finance?
Original post by Tiamaddison
Can anyone tell me, because the NHS fund our tutition fees the only funding we can get is a means tested bursary from the NHS and a loan from student finance.

Can we not apply for a grant from student finance?

No we cant, and (at MMU at least) we arent eligible for any of the uni's bursaries
Original post by Sophie83
Hi Laura,
I am considering making Brunel my firm choice but am currently trying to weigh it up against St Georges. Do you have any friends at St Georges? Are you able to provide me with any insight?!! Bit vague I know but just looking for any selling points that are obvious to you I suppose! I am a graduate student (age 28) so really looking to get the most out of my course and get on with my career upon qualification. Probably going to be more interested in physiotherapy in different settings upon graduation - rather than climbing the NHS ladder - so am thinking that Brunel is more suitable for this, but I know St G's has a v good reputation too. Just always got a good vibe from the brunel dept.
Any advice welcome!
Thanks v much,
Sophie

I've just graduated from St George's and can recommend it as a place to study. I too am a mature student (34), and there were a lot of us on the course, which I think is quite unique to St George's - it is quite well known that it is very mature student friendly. I don't really know about Brunel's course, so hard to comment on why one place over another. Brunel wins hands down on sporting facilities, but then St George's is in the middle of a hospital which has it's advantages. Also, there is the dissection room which is pretty cool for learning anatomy, and the staff are lovely.

I wouldn't worry about the reputation of the university as you will come out the other end with a degree in physio, and that is all that matters. You will also get rotations through lots of areas, so don't worry about being forced into an NHS job. There aren't all that many anyway at the moment, so you are right to think outside of the NHS in terms of employment.

How do the courses compare to each other? Is one more practical? The way I decided was that I had to work to fund my studies, and as St George's was local to me and meant I could keep my jobs, I went there. Don't really have to have any physio specific reason, although I have no regrets :-)
Original post by MissLightyear
No we cant, and (at MMU at least) we arent eligible for any of the uni's bursaries

urgh that sucks. Looks like I am going to be a broke student! whooop :/

Join the club! I'm just hoping I can get a store transfer at work so I at least have some money.
(edited 11 years ago)

You're overdraft is going to become your best friend, treat it well because it'll treat you well!
Has anyone here firmed Cardiff? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest