The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SLucy
I'm gutted :frown: thought I'd got a reply from birmingham and it was a newsletter :'( think I think UCAS track is making me develop OCD, i've got to check it every five minutes!

Oh no, birmingham should be more selective wih their emails, they should know all their applicants are jumpy!

I am constantly checking my emails, even though my UCAS only went a week ago and a guy i know who applied to the same unis as me for physio last year said his replies took 2 months at least!
I still haven't heard from Birmingham but I haven't been rejected! Have they just forgotten about me?! Because I think everyone has already been interviewed/ offered!
Original post by sas25
Haha i definitely spoke to you because i was in batch 1a too! lol. Do you reckon we will hear before christmas? I've already fallen into the trap of checking their portal constantly haha :frown: this wait is going to be horrible.
Good luck with your Brunel interview & your other choices!

Yep, think I remember you! Were you waiting in the hall with me when everyone else had been called?

I hope they do get back to us within the two weeks! I really don't think I'll be able to enjoy my x-mas break with all this waiting. Then again, if I got a rejection, would probably ruin the few days off I get anyway!

Last year I applied to KCL, didn't get an interview, but got rejected on my birthday. It was a "nice" gift, lol. Hopefully they don't do the same again!

Where else have you applied and would KCL be your first choice? Good luck with the others :biggrin:

Original post by Sophie 101
I still haven't heard from Birmingham but I haven't been rejected! Have they just forgotten about me?! Because I think everyone has already been interviewed/ offered!

It's more than likely that they're still getting to your application. I think the worst thing is the wait to hear even a THING from UCAS/Uni's. I'm still waiting to hear back - even an acknowledgement would be nice - from SGUL - although from what I heard there was a snafu in their email system.

I know it's most likely not what you want to hear but - be patient, try and remain calm and try to forget about it for a little while. Most importantly of all, enjoy your holidays!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 383
Original post by MuftiMan123
I hope so! I really don't think I'll be able to enjoy my x-mas break with all this waiting. Then again, if I got a rejection, would probably ruin the few days off I get anyway!

Last year I applied to KCL, didn't get an interview, but got rejected on my birthday. It was a "nice" gift, lol. Hopefully they don't do the same again!

Where else have you applied and would KCL be your first choice? Good luck with the others :biggrin:

Ahhh no way how horrible! hopefully not this time round *fingers crossed* lol.
I've applied to coventry, nottingham, birmingham and liverpool.

Yeh i hope so too, they did say 2-3 weeks so if its the around the 2 week mark then we should definitely get something back.. KCL would definitely be my first choice if i got in so i'm hoping and praying they give me a place haha, however i have already got a place at coventry so takes some of the pressure off.
Original post by Ironmike
There is a lot of misinformation about this. At the applicants day after being offered my place, we were told categorically by the admissions lady that we couldn't get a second student loan. However, if you have paid off your first one, and you are on certain courses - basically healthcare ones and a few others then you are eligible. I would ring the student loans company and ask them. As long as you have no outstanding loan with them and are enrolling on an eligible course (physio is one!) then you ARE ENTITLED to one.

Rubbish :frown: I havent started paying mine off yet! Ah well thanks anyway!
Might be worth giving them a ring anyway. Maybe you can get one with an outstanding debt. I'm not sure. Gotta be worth a call, although I have found that the operators can be a bit hit and miss in terms of how good they are.
Reply 386
Leeds Met didn't send me a letter. -.-' I substituted though
Reply 387
Rejection from Liverpool... Not a good start.
Reply 388
Original post by DK_Tipp

Original post by DK_Tipp
Rejection from Liverpool... Not a good start.

You've still got 4 other choices so not to worry. Was it your first choice?

I got a rejection from Coventry simply because I dropped Maths- my mind couldn't wake up to equations after more than a year of not doing it so i'm not bothered.
Reply 389
Original post by xChrista
You've still got 4 other choices so not to worry. Was it your first choice?

I got a rejection from Coventry simply because I dropped Maths- my mind couldn't wake up to equations after more than a year of not doing it so i'm not bothered.

Exactly. Still have four good ones. Haven't decided on an order yet, just waiting to see what if any offers I get, Liverpool would have been handy coming from Ireland I suppose.
anyone able to give a heads up on what the brookes interview is like? =]
Reply 391
Got a st. Georges interview on wednesday, anyone already been? How did u find it?
Original post by kayb123
Got a st. Georges interview on wednesday, anyone already been? How did u find it?

I had one from last year but I've heard they've changed their procedures a bit.

It's a fairly decent interview process, they stick you in a room with about 15-20 people and form a circle and get you talking, slowly moving through the group.

It was a two panel interview last I recall in an overly intimidating and small room - so don't be intimidated by it!

I've been told there's now a written part to their interview too now so to what extent that's true.. not sure.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them but i'm now preparing for my Brunel one this Wed :s-smilie:
Has anyone had an interview at Brunel, if so what was the written part about and how big were the group interviews?
Reply 394
any1 had an hertfordshire interview? ive got mine tomoorow :frown: so scared its a group interview with 8 others "discussions of physio, health related and higher educatioN" :/
Reply 395
I have my interview at Hertfordshire tomorrow too :/ i'm really nervous and don't know what to expect!
Reply 396
has anyone heard from king's yet after the interview last week?
Reply 397
Original post by bb1994
has anyone heard from king's yet after the interview last week?

I haven't.. However my status on the kings portal has just changed to "your application is being processed" and apparently from looking through the kings medicine thread it means that a decision is either going to be made tonight or in the next couple of days..
So hopefully that's true and I get the decision I'm hoping for haha good luck :tongue:
hi, anyone at the northumbria interview today?

any info on it?
please and thank u :biggrin:
Reply 399
Original post by sas25
I haven't.. However my status on the kings portal has just changed to "your application is being processed" and apparently from looking through the kings medicine thread it means that a decision is either going to be made tonight or in the next couple of days..
So hopefully that's true and I get the decision I'm hoping for haha good luck :tongue:

ohh I didn't know that, fingers crossed it's good news :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest