The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Wow, sounds amazing with al that experience! With all that im sure your application will stand out.
yeah thats what im hoping for anyways :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 42
Work experience hunting is getting on my tits! No one will have me. There's this other one like 3 hours away and it's a 5 day thing and you learn different of health and stuff.... but they won't accept my area- they only like people from around there :/

AND i've had to pick up AS Maths so i have the 3.5 a levels they require (they changed from 2011 and i didn't know until 3 days ago!). But i guess that gives me a break a bit since i'll have to get BBBd or higher, not ABB/AAB.

(I've used too many "and"s but i'm too knackered to care!)
A levels will be the death of me...

How're you lot all doing?
Reply 43
Work experience is going badly for me too!! I've only had one so far, which was two days with a private physio. She was lovely and very happy for me to observe, but I didn't take away a lot and really want to go to a hospital. :frown:

I've looked at three different hospitals already and nothing. Argh. The only thing i've found is in late December in a hospital for 4 days, but i'm worried i'd be cutting it too fine in terms of completing my PS and application for UCAS. Any thoughts? :erm:
Reply 44
My teacher said that you can put something like "i have more WE planned later on blah blah" or something like that because they'll understand that you can't just get it easily nowadays. And, if you get an interview after your WE in January, they'll just ask you about it.
Iim the same with work experience, im writing in my ps that I am on a waiting list (because i have no idea when theyll let me actually do the shadowing - they said within 6 months!)

Im worried about a2 bio too, im used to having lively, jokey teachers for the last 3 years and now I have the most static teacher ever, she seems like a good teacher but it will take some getting used to!
Reply 46
Biology's worrying me too, we haven't even got our A2 books yet! -.-'
I think i've have 4 mini breakdowns withing the last 2-ish weeks... and about to have another as i have to catch up on 2 weeks worth of Maths...
Dropping maths was the best decision I ever made! Im sure we'll all be fine, but its so stressful!
Reply 48
Oh, that's encouraging! xD I HAVE to pick up an AS otherwise Coventry won't even look at me ¬_¬ I've chosen Maths because I seem to like my breakdowns.
Hopefully we will, we're all capable of it
Reply 49
I could've picked Drama... but that wouldn't help with Physio
Did you not do 4 AS last year? Me and maths just didnt get on, i ended up with an E so i picked up extended project to hopefully balance it out!
Reply 51
Nope. When i checked on UCAS before, i only needed 3 A2s and no ASs. But then i checked a few days ago and i now need BBBd so i had to pick up one. I'm making my friends help me with it though :P
Ah right, makes sense! Good luck with it :smile:
Reply 53
Hello, I am alice and applying too!

I got AABC in Psychology, PE, Biology and Chemistry respectivley and dropping chemistry! I do one afternoons work experiance at a private clinic once a month and have also done a full day on the NHS at the hospital working in all different departments which was awesome!!

I am doing AQA Bacc and Extended Project but my EPQ title is 'How safe is eventing?' which is my sport (horses :P) and it's a sunject pretty close to my heart but within it I am going to look at how horses recover from injuries :smile:

I am applying to Cardiff, UWE, Oxford Brookes and probably Bournemouth and possibly Birmingham although I need an A in Biology but predicted a B so not sure what to do.

Where is everyone's insurance choices? I need ideas :P

Alice xxx
Hi Alice :hi:

Sounds like youve got a strong application too!

I like the idea of your EPQ, Ive heard of animal physiotherapist and always wondered how youd go about that, maybe a top up course or something, Id prefer humans but it sounds like something to have a go at in the future!

My insurance is Salford as it asks for 3 Bs (one science) :smile:
Reply 55
Original post by xChrista
I could've picked Drama... but that wouldn't help with Physio

Don't be so sure of that. I got asked if I would bring in my guitar and do an hour or so's 'entertainment' for the elderly residents on my last placement. Paediatrics placement is largely about trying to entertain the kids and in doing so getting them to do what you want in the process. You can spin pretty much anything to be of relevance to physio with a bit of imagination in an interview, but actually with drama, it would be pretty relevant anyway!
Reply 56
Original post by Ironmike

I thought that, but i like to challenge myself a bit sometimes (it's probably going to come and bite me in the ass.) But it's too late to swap! :/
Reply 57
Original post by MissLightyear
Hi Alice :hi:

Sounds like youve got a strong application too!

I like the idea of your EPQ, Ive heard of animal physiotherapist and always wondered how youd go about that, maybe a top up course or something, Id prefer humans but it sounds like something to have a go at in the future!

My insurance is Salford as it asks for 3 Bs (one science) :smile:

To do animal physio you have to do a masters after the normal BSc physio, normally they like you to have done some clinical work before hand too.
Original post by *Gee*
To do animal physio you have to do a masters after the normal BSc physio, normally they like you to have done some clinical work before hand too.

Interesting, I'll probably never do it though, just like to sound like Im full of ideas :wink:
Reply 59
Have people sent of there applications yet? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest