The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mskxo
mine is too! its probably because of the duration of the interview. not looking forward to it at all!

Mines changed to 12pm now, as they sent me another invitation of an interview so i rang them up to ask which one they wanted me to attend so i chose 12pm so i get there in good time. good luck for yours, just be confident! im hope you do well :smile:
Reply 981
Original post by wadders93
I've had two instant rejections from both Birmingham and Nottingham, a conditional offer from UWE! :biggrin: which I recieved today :biggrin: I've been shortlisted so far for Bournemouth and still waiting to hear back from Keele! xx

just wondering what do you mean by shortlisted? have they sent you an email or is this like post interview?
Reply 982
Original post by xxemily59xx
Mines changed to 12pm now, as they sent me another invitation of an interview so i rang them up to ask which one they wanted me to attend so i chose 12pm so i get there in good time. good luck for yours, just be confident! im hope you do well :smile:

oh that is so lucky! good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 983
Original post by bb1994

Original post by bb1994
yeah I can imagine one day it just all clicks into place! good luck with the exam, at least you have your mum to practice with you :smile: and I wouldn't worry about missing the sessions, my sisters friend missed literally about 10 and still managed to pass, probably because she practiced with my mum every time she came round!! good luck with all your offers too :smile:

10? I can stop panicking now xD And thank, you too!
Original post by gainer
Sorry meant to say interview was for Brighton!!

i got an offer from Brighton.
they only offer definatea and waiting to interview more.
then if you havnt been rejected they are most likely thinking of offering you a place, but just waiting to see if any1 they interview has a better interview!
Reply 985
I wonder do physiotherapy admission staff read this forum?
Original post by Jd9922

Some do :smile:
Hey Guys! I'm completely new to the student room so don't even know if i'm writing in the right place!
So far I've had interviews at Brighton and Oxford Brookes (had an offer from Brighton but not heard yet from OB), a rejection from Liverpool and two upcoming interviews at York St John (Wednesday) and Brunel (22nd Feb). Can anyone tell me what happens at either YSJ or Brunel? Any tips? Also, how soon do they reply to you after interview?
Thanks Guys! xx
Reply 988
I've got an interview at nottingham on Thursday and I was wondering does anyone know what the 'reflective task' is all about?

Jack
Reply 989
Original post by Pippa.
yeh i got that too hopefully that means there just checking were not horrific people and will offer us a place:')

Hahaa! Yeahh I'm hoping that too to be honest :P is it your first choice or do you mind where you go? Let me know if you hear anything :smile: good luck x
Reply 990
Original post by LNTurner1
Hahaa! Yeahh I'm hoping that too to be honest :P is it your first choice or do you mind where you go? Let me know if you hear anything :smile: good luck x

yeh it would be my if i get in :smile: well we've got at least another 2 week wait there probably going to tell us around April like most uni's do for interviews :smile:
you too x
Reply 991
Original post by Jd9922

I had thought about that before. Dunno what they'd gain from it.
Original post by sarahli
I have interview on the 8th feb at St george's!!!Any tips for that?!!! Is it relaxing?!!

Congrats! Hmm I would just say relax, go over your material, make sure you know what you're going to say.

As far as relaxing, which interview ever is? lol. I was probably quite relaxed on the day as I was meeting my SO's parents for the first time that evening so more anxious about that.

The interview itself was quite good, they asked the general questions, I managed to find out that one of the interviewers was interested in the same speciality as I was and so we got to talking on that.

I also managed to lead the interview I feel and got them to ask the questions I wanted to answer - i.e Work exp, voluntary, teamwork etc.

The dilemma given was a bit difficult, I just had to explain I understood both signs of the coin and what I would do before making any decision. Showing thought process etc.

Hopefully I did get the place, but if not, I will have to find out why. They said they would let us know at the latest by april :frown:

All the best of luck on your interview!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 993
hey guys
i have an interview at Brighton next tuesday (9th) and was wondering if anyone has had one there and what to expect? Only heard back from Brighton and Cardiff ( :biggrin:! ) which is going to be my firm choice... havent heard back from Kings or Plymouth yet, has anyone else? thank xx
Original post by xcristalx
hey guys
i have an interview at Brighton next tuesday (9th) and was wondering if anyone has had one there and what to expect? Only heard back from Brighton and Cardiff ( :biggrin:! ) which is going to be my firm choice... havent heard back from Kings or Plymouth yet, has anyone else? thank xx

Hi :biggrin: I had an interview at Brighton on January 11th and received an offer from them!
Its pretty relaxed and a nice atmosphere.
U wont be asked anything out of the ordinary qs im sure!
Good Luck :biggrin:
If uv any questions pm me :biggrin:
getting very jel at everyone here who's got offers! well done =] my application is going horrorendously which is depressing as I already have a degree but apparently that doesnt mean much lol. so still waiting to hear from UWE and southampton. anyone heard from southampton?
oxford brookes was my top choice and i received an unsuccessful decision yesterday. not suprised- the interview was not exactly encouraging haha. good luck for those with upcoming interviews!
Reply 996
Original post by emilym94
Oh, does anyone have an interview at Nottingham on the 31st btw? :smile:

Yes I do! What time are you there?:smile:
What have you guys been wearing for interviews? Ive got my first on wednesday and just want everything to be perfect as its my first choice :colondollar:
Reply 998
Original post by MissLightyear
What have you guys been wearing for interviews? Ive got my first on wednesday and just want everything to be perfect as its my first choice :colondollar:

I wore black trousers and a formal shirt for my hertfordshire interview, open collar. I was worried people would be there in top hat and tails but it was quite similar to what I had on. Did a bit of manscaping before han as well :wink:

Good Luck with your interview
Original post by runnerjmc
I wore black trousers and a formal shirt for my hertfordshire interview, open collar. I was worried people would be there in top hat and tails but it was quite similar to what I had on. Did a bit of manscaping before han as well :wink:

Good Luck with your interview

I was thinking blouse and smart pants, its a case of not wanting to look overdressed vs not wanting to look underdressed!

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest