The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy: 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MissLightyear
Depends on the uni tbh.

read this, it has all the latest physio news, just read them and try to understand/summarise them so you can bring them up if need.

Thanks, I've applied to King's college London, I've look at the CSP website, but there is loads, how do I know how much I should read/make notes on?
Reply 1181
Original post by SoniaUddin

Thanks, I've applied to King's college London, I've look at the CSP website, but there is loads, how do I know how much I should read/make notes on?

You don't, you can only read and know so much. They don't expect you to be up-to-date on all the current news- but knowledge on a few should be fine.
Original post by xChrista
You don't, you can only read and know so much. They don't expect you to be up-to-date on all the current news- but knowledge on a few should be fine.

ok cool thanks, :smile:
Reply 1183
phew, thats good, I've done more work experience since sending off my UCAS so i hope that enough, thats good advice, what grades did they say they wanted? yeah my interview is wednesday :eek:

ahh yeah you'll have lots to talk about then! they asked for AAB in biology, chemistry and PE, doesn't matter which subjects get which grades though...
I've got my interview at Kings college London tomorrow ..has anyone got any tips for interview? or is anyone else going?
I have an interview for hertfordshire in march could anyone let me know what sort of interview it is and what to expect? :smile:
Original post by xsmileex
Hey everyone, I am thinking about applying for the Msc physiotherapy course at leeds met for 2013. I am finishing my sport science degree this year however I haven't got much experience apart from a week in year 10. I have always wanted to be a physio but the year i started uni a physio grant was released a year or two before so we frightened there would be limited jobs (although its the case in any job now a days). And I still want to go into physio. I have done work experience in afew schools and a nutrition placement working with kids and adults.

Do you think its worth applying for this year? or wait for the year after?
I am trying to get work experience and the deadline is 31st may which ill be able to do afew weeks as I finish first week of may. PLEASE HELP!?

Hi :biggrin:
Im Patrick and Im from Ireland.
I'm starting Bsc Physio in September.
I read through your post and I think you've got nothing to lose if you apply this year?
You can apply to as many places as possible for physio work exp. and if you get it, even if its through the summer, you can tell them at interview all the places if you have dates to attend.

Also, even if you were rejected, it gives you a better chance next year, as you can ask them what to do for you to gain a place next year, and tell them you will re apply..
During that year off, you could then do as much work exp as possible, in as many areas as possible, and go back to them next year and impress them with how much youve done.

So in my opinion I would apply as you aint got anything to lose :biggrin:
Even if you didnt get in, theyl give you so much help in where you can get better :biggrin:

Hope this helps :biggrin:
P x
Reply 1187
Original post by pashoxphysio
Hi :biggrin:
Im Patrick and Im from Ireland.
I'm starting Bsc Physio in September.
I read through your post and I think you've got nothing to lose if you apply this year?
You can apply to as many places as possible for physio work exp. and if you get it, even if its through the summer, you can tell them at interview all the places if you have dates to attend.

Also, even if you were rejected, it gives you a better chance next year, as you can ask them what to do for you to gain a place next year, and tell them you will re apply..
During that year off, you could then do as much work exp as possible, in as many areas as possible, and go back to them next year and impress them with how much youve done.

So in my opinion I would apply as you aint got anything to lose :biggrin:
Even if you didnt get in, theyl give you so much help in where you can get better :biggrin:

Hope this helps :biggrin:
P x

Hi Patrick,

Well done .
Thats great advice you are right I have nothing to lose! But I am pretty sure I wont get in due to my lack of experience. I have decided now I want to do a Bsc, after I take a year out hopefully get a job as a health care assistant and get some physio work experience. I have contacted afew clinics and so far the are not able to help.

Thanks so much for your help . And hope you enjoy the course!! What uni you going to?
Original post by clarke137
I have an interview for hertfordshire in march could anyone let me know what sort of interview it is and what to expect? :smile:

I had my hertfordshire interview in December.

It is quite relaxed, you have a presentation first with all other applicants that day and it's just general things about physio and hertfordshire.

Then they split you into groups of say 9/10 and you go into a room with two interviewers.

They will then ask you some questions that range from general things about yourself to aspects of physio and the health profession.

As long as you relax try and answer all questions, be polite and don't interupt anyone. However don't be afraid to disagree with people.

I got an offer from hertfordshire 2 weeks after interview :smile: good luck
Original post by kd19
What degree have you got if you dont mind me asking?! I got an offer from southampton 2 weeks or so ago? Applied on 12th Oct.

ah well done =]
I emailed them and apparently it's still being shortlisted. i applied mid nov. I have an undergrad in Early Childhood Studies. so i know its not majorly related but its from a decent uni which must count for something! apparently not. i rekon i lack enough work experience...
where else you applied and heard from?
Original post by eagerphysiostudent
Sorry to hear that :frown: how soon did you hear from oxford brookes after interview? xx

thanks. a couple of weeks. was quick to be fair! good luck!
Original post by kd19
What degree have you got if you dont mind me asking?! I got an offer from southampton 2 weeks or so ago? Applied on 12th Oct.

also, did you get interviewed? what was it like?
Reply 1192
Original post by charli_dc1990
ah well done =]
I emailed them and apparently it's still being shortlisted. i applied mid nov. I have an undergrad in Early Childhood Studies. so i know its not majorly related but its from a decent uni which must count for something! apparently not. i rekon i lack enough work experience...
where else you applied and heard from?

Which uni did you go to?? work experience is a problem - I got rejected from the MSc courses when I applied last year due to lack of exp! Was in my final yr at uni tho so didnt have much time to find placements! Only applying for BSc's this time tho :smile: What work experience do you have??

I've got offers from Soton, Brookes, B'ham and UWE. Haven't heard anything from cardiff but I think i'm gonna cancel that choice now so I can firm soton. And I didnt have an interview with them... apparantly they dont interview?? I was really suprised as I thought they would def be one to interview first...

Where have you applied?? .. I hope you hear back from them soon :smile:
Reply 1193
Has anyone else got an interview at Cov on the 22nd? :smile:
Got an offer from Man Met yesterday - ABB w/ B in Biology, excluding general studies

Only had my interview on the 8th so pretty happy!
Reply 1195
STILL nothing except Hudd interview on 22nd feb. :s-smilie: On the website it says you can bring someone, this confuses me! When people have been to interviews, do you go alone? I was planning to but I don't want to be the only one! Also, has anyone been to Huddersfield for interview, does anyone know what happens?
Thanks!
Reply 1196
Woo-hoo, interview from Salford this morning on 29th Feb! Any advice would be appreciated! Letter says a group interview and individual too, thanks
Reply 1197
Original post by MissLightyear
Got an offer from Man Met yesterday - ABB w/ B in Biology, excluding general studies

Only had my interview on the 8th so pretty happy!

Thats fab, well done x:biggrin:
Original post by kd19
Which uni did you go to?? work experience is a problem - I got rejected from the MSc courses when I applied last year due to lack of exp! Was in my final yr at uni tho so didnt have much time to find placements! Only applying for BSc's this time tho :smile: What work experience do you have??

I've got offers from Soton, Brookes, B'ham and UWE. Haven't heard anything from cardiff but I think i'm gonna cancel that choice now so I can firm soton. And I didnt have an interview with them... apparantly they dont interview?? I was really suprised as I thought they would def be one to interview first...

Where have you applied?? .. I hope you hear back from them soon :smile:

Wow, thats amazing, well done! Getting into physiotherapy is really competitive so you've done soooo well. If you applied for a masters i assume you have a previous degree, what was it?

I applied to all of those accept Bham as I knew they wouldnt consider me. I've been rejected from them all. Brookes gave me an interview but i fluffed it up. I got lucky enough to befriend a physio a few months back and she read through my p.s and said it was more like a junior physio had written it rather than someone simply applying to do physio and said i should be fine. obviously there is something the unis dont like about me so I am emailing to find out!
I had some work experience but not loads. I'm a bit peeved because i struggled to get physio work exp. so included some work exp. i got in the NHS with a health visitor because I read that it was better to have work exp. thats remotely relevent than none at all but obvs thats not the case.

so which choice you going for? don't say brookes. ill be so jel, that was my first choice haha.
Reply 1199
Original post by charli_dc1990
Wow, thats amazing, well done! Getting into physiotherapy is really competitive so you've done soooo well. If you applied for a masters i assume you have a previous degree, what was it?

I applied to all of those accept Bham as I knew they wouldnt consider me. I've been rejected from them all. Brookes gave me an interview but i fluffed it up. I got lucky enough to befriend a physio a few months back and she read through my p.s and said it was more like a junior physio had written it rather than someone simply applying to do physio and said i should be fine. obviously there is something the unis dont like about me so I am emailing to find out!
I had some work experience but not loads. I'm a bit peeved because i struggled to get physio work exp. so included some work exp. i got in the NHS with a health visitor because I read that it was better to have work exp. thats remotely relevent than none at all but obvs thats not the case.

so which choice you going for? don't say brookes. ill be so jel, that was my first choice haha.

Aw no, =[ I would definitely try get some feedback! Have you heard from UWE/ Soton yet? Work experience was difficult so I decided to get a job as a healthcare assistant at my local hospital to gain exp working with patients etc =] - got to know the physio's on the wards too and they usually let me observe them working if i'm not busy!
I have an anatomical science degree from Bristol... bit rusty now but will be very helpful for physio! and I loved brookes.. but think i'll be going to soton as its a bit closer to home and there's quite a high chance of getting placements in the hospital where I work now .. tho still haven't quite decided! Do you know what you're gonna do if you dont hear from the other uni's? All my fingers are crossed for you =]

Quick Reply

Latest