The Student Room Group

Is it just my imagination... (BBC Libya Live Feed)

or do most of the emails coming in recently sound like Gaddafi's cronies wrote them?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-14610722

I'll repost a few for those who are can't find or can't be bothered to find them on the above link.
Email Aqib, in Halifax, England

Colonel Gaddafi still has millions of supporters and the NTC made up of crooks and convicts backed by al-Qaeda and funded by the west will have to realise that the truth will always win. Fight on Gaddafi for your country, for your land and for your people!

Wayne, New York, US

The rebels are advancing on Sirte. Why is Nato not bombing them? Nato has shown they are not interested in protecting civilians but only in getting rid of Gaddafi and his followers.

Ursula

Muammar [Gaddafi] does not have palaces - quit the false propaganda. His throne is only in the hearts of the people! This so-called tyrant is in reality different from the fiction the media, controlled by world powers seeks to portray. The Jamahiriya is a democracy of all the people where Muammar sought to have the people rule themselves! They vote every year and several times per year, not for parties but for the people who represent them in manager positions for the Jamahiriyah or the people. Rats is a nice term for people who invite the Nato countries coalition to massacre their people and bomb the hell out of them over the past six months. In the heat, Nato forces not only kill en masse and terrorise the Libyans but they cut off electricity so food goes off both in warehouses and in homes! Muammar and the people of Libya will not surrender.

Mike in Cheltenham, England

The RAF bombs Gaddafi's Grad rocket launchers wherever they are found, but ignores the Grad rocket launchers that the rebels are firing in the Sirte area. Does Nato take the view that all Gaddafi weapons systems are offensive and all rebel weapon systems are defensive? When the great and the good, as represented in this conflict by the UN and Nato, abuse their power, who is to hold them to account?

If these were the people they claim to be, I highly doubt they would have used the same tone and use of emotive language against the rebels. Also it seems that they appear to know more about what's going on (like these grad rocket launchers..I've never heard of them before) than the rest of us. Unless of course I've been missing something, which is quite likely.
A few of the emails keep referring to how the "people of libya" are supporting Gaddafi, something which Gaddafi's propaganda machine has been keen on recently.

I guess the BBC could run an IP check on the people who sent the emails. It could be possible that they were simply forwarded in the locations they claim to have come from.

tl;dr Maybe I'm just imagining things, but these emails look faked by what is left of the Gaddafi administration.

Your thoughts? (Also I have no idea if there's a specific forum for the Libyan conflict, so sorry if this is in the wrong place)
Reply 1
Dictators always have their own supporters,thats why they can secure their power.Pro G trolls have appeared to comment in every news sites since the early of the uprising,with almost the same allegations.Perhaps their origins were Africa,Eastern Europe,some communists countries...Or even pro Anti-wars,skeptics,communist party members from the UK and the US...
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending