The Student Room Group

Would I get an offer from Kingston Uni

For my AS I got the following results

Economics: C
Physics:E
Maths: U
ICT BTEC LV 3: Pass

In total I have 90 ucas points, 30 from BTEC ICT. In maths I was 2 UMS From an E.

I have been accepted into A2 Economics, A2 Physics and AS statistics. I might do another course which is equivalent to 1 A level. I will only have 2 a levels. My maths teacher says that I have strong subjects.

I Wish to do financial economics.

Kingston Typical offer
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent

Would I get an offer from kingstone Uni? The only other london uni's doing economics which accept 2 a levels are london met, east london and middlesex.

Should I start AS again. I got a place in another college for these subjects: AS maths, AS further maths, AS psychology and A2 economics.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Financial Economics with a U in Maths? You'll probably struggle to get into any decent University for that course, Maths is usually one of my main requirements. You really need to resit it and get a much higher grade.
Reply 2
Original post by jakeruston
Financial Economics with a U in Maths? You'll probably struggle to get into any decent University for that course, Maths is usually one of my main requirements. You really need to resit it and get a much higher grade.

My teacher said she will predict me a E, As I'm doing S1 in January in stats if I do well I will resit it with a maths label so that its counts towards my maths grade.

I will have as Maths and AS stats and that wont be good enough. So your saying do AS again.
Reply 3
You definitely need to up your game for your A2s mate, I scraped 300 points for my Kingston offer (starting next month) with a B,B,C,D so at the moment you're a bit off. You might have strong subjects but if you haven't got the grades it means little, definitely consider a retake or a few.
Reply 4
Original post by MAlec
You definitely need to up your game for your A2s mate, I scraped 300 points for my Kingston offer (starting next month) with a B,B,C,D so at the moment you're a bit off. You might have strong subjects but if you haven't got the grades it means little, definitely consider a retake or a few.

Do you know if I Would get an offer or would I be rejected. This being the only decent uni I can get into I may be better off starting again.
Reply 5
Original post by hunter786
Do you know if I Would get an offer or would I be rejected. This being the only decent uni I can get into I may be better off starting again.

What will you be predicted?
Original post by hunter786
For my AS I got the following results

Economics: C
Physics:E
Maths: U
ICT BTEC LV 3: Pass

In total I have 90 ucas points, 30 from BTEC ICT. In maths I was 2 UMS From an E.

Kingston Typical offer
Units: to include two A-levels or equivalent

Would I get an offer from kingstone Uni?

Of course you will get in because 90 > 280. With your excellent maths skills you may want to consider a Mathematics degree aswell :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by MAlec
What will you be predicted?

Not sure too sure this is the most accurate predicted grades I can give.

AS maths: E
AS Economics: probably C
AS Physics: Probably D
AS Stats: no idea, should be atleast D

So CDDE and pass in BTEC ICT(30 pts)
Might pick up extended project which is equivalent to 1 AS level
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
You might nick a Conditional with those since it equals 220 and can be upped to 280 just by exceeding expectations in 2-3 of the subjects, honestly I don't know for sure mate, it might be worth getting into contact with them directly once term starts.

EDIT - 250 points with your BTEC, and if you can get an AS then you stand at a maximum of 60 points with an A I believe.

So if we stick it out like:
Maths - 40
Economics - 80
Physics - 60
Stats - 60

BTEC - 30
Extended Project - up to 60 with an A, let's assume 40 for a C

This is assuming you take all 4 subjects to A2.

310 if you get CDDE (A2), Pass, C (BTEC).

So you've got the points, it just depends whether Kingston want a certain grade in a certain subject.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Computerised
Of course you will get in because 90 > 280. With your excellent maths skills you may want to consider a Mathematics degree aswell :smile:

When I looked at it like that things did not look well. Maths which I failed i will be predicted an E. Is that any better.
Everyone gets an offer from Kingston
Reply 11
In all fairness, Kingston is an unbelievably easy university to get into, they gave me an offer of 200 UCAS points with atleast a C in AS Biology and a C in A2 Chemistry.
I'd imagine if you upped your game a bit, it wouldn't be too hard (It's still possible for you to get an A* in Economics!)
Original post by NGC773
Everyone gets an offer from Kingston

In Soviet Russia, you give Kingston offer.
Reply 13
It is unbelievably easy to get into Kingston, I had an attendance % of 52 for the entirety of last year and still managed to walk in.
Reply 14
Kingston of one of the easiest universities to get into. I find it hard to even call it a university. Any uni that has every one of its courses in clearing is easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending